This discussion is closed.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
I'm not so innocent - I've reported and deleted a **** ton of threads - to be fair to me though, most of those have been ****ing kitchen spam advertisements in the welcome lounge...
Are we not breaking the law having someone underage pull our pints?
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I should say that even i get reported. On matters of foreign affairs i find that i often get reported for anything which is remotely negative towards the Middle East and basically for not agreeing with them rather than being actively offensive. Thankfully i've never got more than warnings.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
To be fair on TSR half the right is equally embarrassing. Thankfully a lot of them are Ukip's problem rather than the Tories.
True, lucky for you.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure which ones worse. How can any Brit insult our brethren, let alone your mental health.
I'm honestly not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, apologies. I've been awake for 22 hours straight due to insomnia. I can barely conjure a coherent thought.

To me though, reading ignorance about my mental health illnesses gets to me more than the crap I get for being Irish.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)
Are we not breaking the law having someone underage pull our pints?
Haha, probably...

(Original post by CescaD96)
I'm honestly not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, apologies. I've been awake for 22 hours straight due to insomnia. I can barely conjure a coherent thought.

To me though, reading ignorance about my mental health illnesses gets to me more than the crap I get for being Irish.
Hear hear!!! When some ignorant ******* starts making up a load of **** about something they know nothing about I just want to take em outside and shoot them - or at least subject them to what you're going through...
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I know about the Irish crap, and I'm only half.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I should say that even i get reported. On matters of foreign affairs i find that i often get reported for anything which is remotely negative towards the Middle East and basically for not agreeing with them rather than being actively offensive. Thankfully i've never got more than warnings.
I got reported for standing up against some islamophobes once, nothing happened but it was still a bit of a shock seeing as I was the "anti-hate"
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
True, lucky for you.
Aye. My nutter alarm tends to go off when i hear the words 'EUUSR' and 'Cultural Marxist', it tends to mean somebody is about to spout guff.

It was a light show of support. I dream of the day that the British Isles will once again be whole (hence calling the Irish our brethren) so no sarcasm.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got reported for standing up against some islamophobes once, nothing happened but it was still a bit of a shock seeing as I was the "anti-hate"
I've been on the other side and it's just as bad. Suggesting anything negative about Islam or calling out ISIS apologists results in a tirade. I tend to steer clear of the religion section for that reason.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hear hear!!! When some ignorant ******* starts making up a load of **** about something they know nothing about I just want to take em outside and shoot them - or at least subject them to what you're going through...
Exactly! How can some idiot who has never experienced depression say it doesn't exist and that I'm attention seeking and a prescription pill addict?

I know about the Irish crap, and I'm only half.

Well I'm technically half too. Irish daddy, British mother (happily out of the picture), born in London, lived there for 6 years, been living in N.Ireland for 13 years. But ever since I was a small kid Daddy told us we were Irish - and I'm very proud of my culture, I was raised on it!
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've been on the other side and it's just as bad. Suggesting anything negative about Islam or calling out ISIS apologists results in a tirade. I tend to steer clear of the religion section for that reason.
Oh my Rakas, we may just be complete opposites
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was a light show of support. I dream of the day that the British Isles will once again be whole (hence calling the Irish our brethren) so no sarcasm.
I dream of Ireland being a full nation once again. Thank you though.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well I'm technically half too. Irish daddy, British mother (happily out of the picture), born in London, lived there for 6 years, been living in N.Ireland for 13 years. But ever since I was a small kid Daddy told us we were Irish - and I'm very proud of my culture, I was raised on it!
Completely switch it around and you have myself.
Where in N. Ireland are you from then? Enniskillen myself.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exactly! How can some idiot who has never experienced depression say it doesn't exist and that I'm attention seeking and a prescription pill addict?
I know - I sometimes wish there was a 'get depression and insomnia all at once' pill, so they could see how suddenly things change...
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Completely switch it around and you have myself.
Where in N. Ireland are you from then? Enniskillen myself.
I'm a Derry one. To be politically correct, I'll stick Londonderry in here too.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I know - I sometimes wish there was a 'get depression and insomnia all at once' pill, so they could see how suddenly things change...
Then we'd see who is faking!
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a Derry one. To be politically correct, I'll stick Londonderry in here too.
Who actually calls it Londonderry? I have no doubt that if I went into my cousin's bar in enniskillen and said "I'm off to Londonderry, see you later" I'd be shot.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Who actually calls it Londonderry? I have no doubt that if I went into my cousin's bar in enniskillen and said "I'm off to Londonderry, see you later" I'd be shot.
The good unionists do. You know, whatshisface Robinson, and Gregory "I'm-a-bigot" Campbell do.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The good unionists do. You know, whatshisface Robinson, and Gregory "I'm-a-bigot" Campbell do.
Ahh, well I'm from proper IRA territory so it's no wonder.
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ahh, well I'm from proper IRA territory so it's no wonder.
Aw, I had Sinn Fein at my door last week, and SDLP today like. Derry is now a Sinn Fein stronghold, and well, we know what Creggan and the Bogside are like!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (1)
10%
No (9)
90%

Watched Threads