Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain how triple science grades are awarded?

ReputationRep:
    I found both p2 and 3 hard but p3 was harder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PawanAviator)
    P2

Q1 ) Electricity (resistance) - investigation
    Q2) Plum pudding (atom structure)
    Q3) Nuclear reactions (Nuclear fission and fusion)
    Q4) Car safety and seatbelts (Speeding issues and car safety) and momentum
    Q5) More on Electricity (coulombs )
    Q6) Forces and Motion ( the rocket)

Q1
    a) line is constant
    b) C because greater resitance due to greater current
    c) --
    d) voltmeter in parallel
    e)resistor (look on google)

Q2
    a) what is the sphere part of the pudding model?

the sphere is positive

b) why was the old particle model replaced?

the nucleus took most of the space of an atom whille the electrons repel the alpha particles

bi) why is Michael faraday sure his investigation is valid?

more than 100000 experiments were done meaning the data is very accurate and
    answers their hypothesis.
    c) 6 marker - nucleus of an atom

Q3
    a) what is nuclear fission?

when a neutron is fired at a nuclei to form 2 daughter nuclei

b) cant remember
    c) cant remember
    d) no idea.
    e) What is the natural resource of nuclear fission?

space.

ei) give 2 advantages of nuclear fusion than fission
    - more energy
    -non-radioactive

eii) give one main consequence of nuclear fission.

Q4

a) what is braking distance

the distance the car takes to stop , after the brake is applied

b) give one factor affecting braking distance
    - enviroment
    -poorly maintained vehicle

c) cant remember

d) cant remember

e) why is safer to use seat belts than no wearing seat belts in a collision? (4 marks)

f) momentum

answer = 5m/s

Q5)

a) 0.7A

b) calculate the charge in 30 seconds or sumthin

c) calculate the energy transfered

d) why does the heating element heat up?

positive ions resist the passage of electrons moving causing kinetic energy to cause more vibrations making more heat

Q6)

Velocity decreases
    because the object reaches terminal velocity , due to the air resistance and gravity.

what is the difference between velocity and speed?

velocity is speed in a given direction

b) calculate the kinetic energy

0.5mv^2

m = 0.05
    v = 12

answer = 3.6J

bi)gravitaional potential energy = i got 3.6J

bii)calculate the Ep

7.2J

c) graph B

d) 30 degrees and 45 degrees are related since they have similar shape and similar heights and range

I don't remember doing some of these questions! Like the 'Michael Faraday' one or 'natural resource of fission'! What paper did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sciencefreak1)
    Can someone explain how triple science grades are awarded?
    This year the exam board have changed how the grades work so its basically the same as double science because you get an overall grade for your unit 1's(c1, p1, p2) an overall GCSE for unit 2 and what's different is we get grade for the unit 3. The physics ISA is used in unit 1 grade, chem ISA is unit 2 and biology ISA is unit3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    I don't remember doing some of these questions! Like the 'Michael Faraday' one or 'natural resource of fission'! What paper did you do?
    I was about to say! Did I miss them out? Cause I remember going over my paper 2x

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone put for the p2 rocket question ?

ReputationRep:
    For 1a I put something like they are straight lines and there is no axis for temperature
    is that wrong because it seems stupid?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    I think he did the same paper but just worded it wrong. The faraday question was the one that said why do scientists like the new model of the atom. The natural resources one was the one that said where does nuclear fusion take place and i wrote stars but not sure if it is right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11Jason11)
    I was about to say! Did I miss them out? Cause I remember going over my paper 2x
    Was the 'why was the old particle model replaced' there? I remember something about scientists accepting the new model but nothing about this (that might just be my shocking memory) but I'm pretty sure the two I mentioned before weren't in my paper! 😳 what paper do you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    Just to clarify with anyone who disagrees, the force acting on the wire was upwards as current flows from the positive terminal to the negative terminal.
    Yeah, so from right to left meaning it went down

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Straight lines so it's constant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrTechGamer)
    What did everyone put for the p2 rocket question ?
    I put the velocity would decrease due to air resistance. Then got out of the exam and regretted it...

hbu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eshanth)
    I think he did the same paper but just worded it wrong. The faraday question was the one that said why do scientists like the new model of the atom. The natural resources one was the one that said where does nuclear fusion take place and i wrote stars but not sure if it is right!
    Ohhhh yeah I had those two!! Surely they are different questions though? Maybe he had a different paper but I had the ones that you just mentioned so that's put me at ease 😋

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    Was the 'why was the old particle model replaced' there? I remember something about scientists accepting the new model but nothing about this (that might just be my shocking memory) but I'm pretty sure the two I mentioned before weren't in my paper! 😳 what paper do you do?
    Yeah i remember that question. I did the Higher paper

ReputationRep:
    unofficial mark scheme someone make it please

ReputationRep:
    P3
    1a) Retina
    Suspensory Ligaments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile Generator)
    I put the velocity would decrease due to air resistance. Then got out of the exam and regretted it...

hbu?
    Ah yes I forgot about that mistake until now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eshanth)
    For the new idea of an atom I put something like the experiment proved the plum pudding model wrong as some of the alpha particles went straight through which showed most of the atom was empty space

Is that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile Generator)

hbu?
    I put Velocity decrease too-- can't remember my justification

ReputationRep:
    For P3 power of his eyes question was 50 which i initially wrote but then crossed it out and wrote 0.5 so i lost 3 marks for that

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.