Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychemma)
    Wow chill, I read you said 40 marker but they don't usually repeat any content from last year's exam whether it's the 25 marker or 40 marker
    k m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bat_man)
    Can someone explain how you would add synoptic aspects to the tectonics essay, especially since its being asked about plate tectonic theory and seismicity.
    If it's distribution- then potential anomalies- for example construction of dams can cause earthquakes because of increased water pressures, fracking from Energy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dibbs153)
    havent u been revising before today or just a crammer ?
    yeah ive been revising for months but i struggle with retaining information and i've also had psychology today which is another very content heavy subject

ReputationRep:
    How do you add flair to an essay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandamind)
    Was just going to plan that now. Off the top of my head:

Intro: Define NICs, give examples

Economic: Discuss high levels of growth, China becoming manufacturing centre of world, India's large service sector, and general movement of lower paying jobs to these countries. Look forward by comparing to previous NICs that have developed, saying cost of labour will rise, TNCs are already moving elsewhere (e.g. Philippines, Bangladesh), and backlash over outsourcing has meant higher skilled jobs returning to original countries (Motorola, Tesla have US factories, British firms have domestic call centres). China growth has slowed from 10% to 5-7%. However, labour is also becoming more skilled so you could see other types of jobs being outsourced (India produces 2 million IT graduates a year, often as good as MEDC counterparts). China has also invested wisely into Africa, with many African countries set to develop and trade with China as a result

Environmental: China provides 95% of the world's rare earth metals, and have been extracting them disregarding environmental concerns, until recently. India and China both refused to accept environmental responsibilities at the Doha Round of WTO talks, saying that developed nations are more easily able to deal with environmental concerns and they are still developing (This is an application of the Environmental Kuznets Curve, stating that environmental sustainability increases after reaching a certain point of development- but there is little evidence of this actually working in practise). Brazil on the other hand has attempted to become renewable, with the likes of bioethanol fuel production.

Political: Developed nations have increasingly tried to win trade with China and India with political favours, Chinese and Indian officials have both toured Britain recently to much fanfare. Increased potential to trade with BRIC nations is supposedly an argument for leaving the EU.

Social: I guess reduced brain drain compared to in the past, though that can be countered by increased educational standards and demand for most educated labour from abroad (I don't know the figures on this)

Conclusion: growth of NICS has had massive impacts economically, environmentally, and politically, on developed and developing nations.

I don't know how good that is, any suggestions?
    It's only a 10 marker.... Look at the mark scheme of the last time it was asked it's a lot more simple then what you have put... But it's still good!!

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an idea what the 40m markers could be for development and globalisation ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SJJ97)
    It's only a 10 marker.... Look at the mark scheme of the last time it was asked it's a lot more simple then what you have put... But it's still good!!
    Can't it come up as a 40 marker? I'm doing D&G as my 40, so if anyone has any predictions for that, that would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1lly)
    my teacher said that flair cannot be taught to students, you either have to obtain it by showing something that makes the examiner go "wow" and is different to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1lly)
    Add some quote from some geographer or academic. You could probably make it up if you wanted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychemma)
    Do you really think global warming will come up again because it was the 25 marker last year?
    I really don't want global warming to come up again it's already been 40 markers twice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigStormzy)
    my teacher said that flair cannot be taught to students, you either have to obtain it by showing something that makes the examiner go "wow" and is different to
    Lol, just analyse something in a different way to what they expect, i.e. use information from another subject or your own knowledge rather than geography for one of your points (or to evaluate a point).

I got credited with flair for saying fish farming could be unsustainable due to dominance of specific species and thus reduced biodiversity, yet that's basically under ecosystems

ReputationRep:
    How would a 10 marker on sustainable tourism potentially look like?

ReputationRep:
    What are predicted short answer questions for conflict? I'm unsure what to focus on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzanne1997)
    What are predicted short answer questions for conflict? I'm unsure what to focus on!
    We got told possibly separatism or multiculturalism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L1lly)
    For all this can you use the case study Curitiba ?
    Yeah you can

ReputationRep:
    Are things like 'man made' earthquakes such as fracking classed as weaknesses to the plate tectonics theory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmcl)
    How would a 10 marker on sustainable tourism potentially look like?
    Discuss the following development issue 'sustainable tourism- myth or reality'

ReputationRep:
    Please someone give me some hope and tell me what the D&G predictions are are 25 marks

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone say what they're predicting the 25marks for WEATHER to be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olimunday98)
    We got told possibly separatism or multiculturalism
    yeah so have we, i hope they don't give us international conflict as that came up last year

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.