Luc pls no shots.
    Monday fam
    Come on pro clubs with me dirty and zklown and the shots will stop xoxo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Come on pro clubs with me dirty and zklown and the shots will stop xoxo
    Half hour?

ReputationRep:
    Modern day football would be better without the international game - discuss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    This thread is so depressing on the international break.
    Such is life..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)

ReputationRep:
    Reckon a better question would be..

English teams would find more success in Europe if they were given a winter break. Discuss. (45 marks)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

English teams would find more success in Europe if they were given a winter break. Discuss. (45 marks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Computer says no.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yes.

(Original post by SA-1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No. Imagine Christmas without football? Or January when everyone us completely skint from Christmas? It's just unthinkable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I really do think that this three months is the defining period of Daniel Sturridge's career.

If he fails to achieve a run of games, you'd have to say that his stint with us may be over. He has become more and more quiet on social media, perhaps in the knowledge that he needs to impress on the pitch and prove his doubters wrong, but his unreliability is undeniable and we really need somebody in the final third we can rely on.

Given Klopp's introduction, and the Euros at the end of the year, I wouldn't be surprised if another injury comes and we see him ruled out for a lengthy period. It will mentally ask questions of him, and I expect that it could be make or break.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Sturridge back in full training.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Sturridge back in full training.
    For how long, though?

Guy doesn't even need a run of two or three games now, he needs a run of ten. Otherwise, even if he bags goals, the fans will be leaving Anfield saying 'yeah, but he'll be out for three months now he's done that'.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mackay)
    I really do think that this three months is the defining period of Daniel Sturridge's career.

If he fails to achieve a run of games, you'd have to say that his stint with us may be over. He has become more and more quiet on social media, perhaps in the knowledge that he needs to impress on the pitch and prove his doubters wrong, but his unreliability is undeniable and we really need somebody in the final third we can rely on.

Given Klopp's introduction, and the Euros at the end of the year, I wouldn't be surprised if another injury comes and we see him ruled out for a lengthy period. It will mentally ask questions of him, and I expect that it could be make or break.
    Who will buy him with his track record and the English player tax? Who will pay him even half of what he's earning with LFC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    Who will buy him with his track record and the English player tax? Who will pay him even half of what he's earning with LFC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Meant more in terms of his standing with the fans. I can see plenty of teams paying him the wages, to be honest. There are ways around that. Unsure what sort of value he'd fetch, though.

ReputationRep:
    I think a lot will depend on Sturridge and what he will decide where he sees himself. He was at Man City and Chelsea but didn't break through. No other top side will take him on his high wages.

I wouldn't be surprised if sell due to his contract unless he's willing to sign a new contract which is more pay-as-you play. Would anyone really be annoyed with Sturridge being in the squad as our 3rd and 4th option on that kind of deal? Could be that super sub for us (if he's settled at Liverpool as a club/city).
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Meant more in terms of his standing with the fans. I can see plenty of teams paying him the wages, to be honest. There are ways around that. Unsure what sort of value he'd fetch, though.
    If he's fit then yeh. There's only a few clubs that can risk £150k p/w on someone who could be injured half the season.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Falcao seems to have no trouble finding a club.

ReputationRep:
    Falcao seems to have no trouble finding a club.
    Don't think Sturridge has Mendes as his agent.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.