Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oli19919)
    Well done! What reason did Oxford give

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! They said that my lnat was overall good, my GCSEs were slightly below average but contextual information balanced them out (low performing state school), and that my predictions were very competitive. One interview was very good and one moderate, (I actually thought that the moderate one went awfully so that's quite nice), and that based on the stronger interview they would be willing to make me an offer however all the colleges had already filled up all their offer places. After speaking to a few other law rejectees it seems that most people who were put forward for other interviews didn't get any, so I'm imagining that applications were just more competitive this year though. Sorry for the essay haha
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by CJaneH)
    I think so, if I get an offer. The conditions will be harder to meet but I can't ignore the career opportunities that you get from being so close to all the major law firms, although I haven't actually visited KCL yet But I do love Exeter as well, the campus is so nice and I love the general atmosphere. And I would be doing a slightly different course at Exeter too so lots to think about
    Yeah and the KCL law school really does sound excellent! Good luck, I hope you get an offer!! :fluffy: (I haven't visited any of my choices apart from UEA. )

(Original post by alexandra48)
    Well done! ☺️ I have unconditionals from Aberdeen and Strathclyde (I live in Scotland but from London) still waiting on Glasgow, Edinburgh and UCL. My top choice would be UCL so fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! I'm so surprised with my offers so far, turned out far better than I imagined. Well done to you too! Hope UCL pulls through for you! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Thank you! I'm so surprised with my offers so far, turned out far better than I imagined. Well done to you too! Hope UCL pulls through for you! :yep:
    Thank you☺️ I hope so too! Have you decided what your first choice would be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sajabajax)
    Just got a Bristol offer
    congratulations!!! when did you apply? i've been waiting for around 3 months now
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by alexandra48)
    Thank you☺️ I hope so too! Have you decided what your first choice would be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Although I haven't conclusively decided as of yet, I think UEA is edging it slightly at the moment, I was very impressed with it. :love:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Have you seen Earlham Hall? :fan:

ReputationRep:
    Got a Queen Mary offer last night and Bristol tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solrac777)
    What As' and GCSEs did you get? Congratulations by the way!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 9A* 1A at GCSE and AAAA at AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fckinfightme)
    congratulations!!! when did you apply? i've been waiting for around 3 months now
    Thank you!! I sent off my application on the 7th of October but I only took the LNAT 2 weeks ago (long story). Although loads of my friends that applied back in October/November haven't heard anything either

ReputationRep:
    We're in it for the long haul then.
    Do you know how the universities receiver our LNAT? I did my LNAT in October before actually sending off my UCAS application. So how am I supposed to make sure the LNAT universities actually did receive my LNAT?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by anon111097)
    Do you know how the universities receiver our LNAT? I did my LNAT in October before actually sending off my UCAS application. So how am I supposed to make sure the LNAT universities actually did receive my LNAT?
    When you did your LNAT did you input your UCAS ID on the Pearson VUE website during registration? Also, did you check off the universities you wanted to receive your results on the same LNAT website?
    If you did these things then you're all good. May I ask the universities you have applied to and what offers you currently hold?

ReputationRep:
    When you did your LNAT did you input your UCAS ID on the Pearson VUE website during registration? Also, did you check off the universities you wanted to receive your results on the same LNAT website?
    If you did these things then you're all good. May I ask the universities you have applied to and what offers you currently hold?
    Yes I did both those things. Thank you
    I applied to Kings, UCL, SOAS, Queen Mary and City. I'm still waiting for UCL and Kings but I got offers from the other three! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ds1998)
    Wow congratulations!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by anon111097)
    Yes I did both those things. Thank you
    I applied to Kings, UCL, SOAS, Queen Mary and City. I'm still waiting for UCL and Kings but I got offers from the other three! What about you?
    If you check the KCL portal, in the messaging section, they would have informed you had your LNAT not been received so no worries, looks like it's all right from that front! Plus, I think you can still check on the Pearson VUE website if it puts your mind at ease(?)

Woo! Congrats, do you have a favourite? I have offers from UCL and UEA. Waiting for Bristol, Birmingham, and KCL - same as you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student98x)
    I have no idea, but I'm just really impatient aha! I feel like I'm forever checking track😓
    Ahh same such a horrible time 😩 where else have you applied?x

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody think applying to a university such as Nottingham with AS Grades ABBC is very weak? Are the chances of an offer low for law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeonh)
    Law at Sidney Sussex, Cambridge
    SAME!

ReputationRep:
    When did you apply and what were your GCSE + AS? well done I've got QMUL too!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations!! Was just wondering what grades you got at AS and GCSE and what are you predicted? Still waiting to here from Bristol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bijoux1801)
    Does anybody think applying to a university such as Nottingham with AS Grades ABBC is very weak? Are the chances of an offer low for law?
    It will depend on other things too such as predicted grades, personal statement and of course the LNAT. If you want to go to uni such as Nottingham it's probably worth applying but do apply to other unis with lower entry requirements as back up. If you're predicted grades are that if the entry requirements I'd say it's worth a shot.
    I have applied there with AABB at as and A*AB predictions and have been told by advisors/teachers etc that I am unlikely to get an offer. Still waiting to here from them.
    Good luck with everything

(Original post by Ellejennifer)
    It will depend on other things too such as predicted grades, personal statement and of course the LNAT. If you want to go to uni such as Nottingham it's probably worth applying but do apply to other unis with lower entry requirements as back up. If you're predicted grades are that if the entry requirements I'd say it's worth a shot.
    I have applied there with AABB at as and A*AB predictions and have been told by advisors/teachers etc that I am unlikely to get an offer. Still waiting to here from them.
    Good luck with everything
    (Original post by Ellejennifer)
    Congratulations!! Was just wondering what grades you got at AS and GCSE and what are you predicted? Still waiting to here from Bristol
    (Original post by kirblaw3)
    When did you apply and what were your GCSE + AS? well done I've got QMUL too!
    (Original post by MobiDo)
    SAME!
    (Original post by Bijoux1801)
    (Original post by lks97)
    Ahh same such a horrible time 😩 where else have you applied?x
    If you check the KCL portal, in the messaging section, they would have informed you had your LNAT not been received so no worries, looks like it's all right from that front! Plus, I think you can still check on the Pearson VUE website if it puts your mind at ease(?)

Woo! Congrats, do you have a favourite? I have offers from UCL and UEA. Waiting for Bristol, Birmingham, and KCL - same as you!!
    this is the fourth day that Bristol has given out both offers and rejections. just so you know.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.