Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    Manpower don't like to respond to emails though do they.... I've sent them an email querying whether or not all of these checks are necessary as I've already done them not so long ago and I'm still in the CS....

I've sent the email and DBS off anyway ....
    Exactly my point i work within hmrc and i dont know why they need these checks. I havent been asked for DBS and having spoken to my manager doubt any of us should really need one. I have a basic check pass currently. I think the london based roles havent been contacted yet.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe they are contacting people in order of location

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    Maybe they are contacting people in order of location
    Oh that would make sense. I applied to London as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Me so...?)
    Oh that would make sense. I applied to London as well
    I'm Edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    No, because my first choice is Manchester and I didn't get an email. I've sent them an email about it, but they haven't replied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escapalda lamen)
    Exactly my point i work within hmrc and i dont know why they need these checks. I havent been asked for DBS and having spoken to my manager doubt any of us should really need one. I have a basic check pass currently. I think the london based roles havent been contacted yet.
    I can't believe that they do checks when u already work there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    I can't believe that they do checks when u already work there.
    They don't usually, dunno what manpower think they're doing.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone whose preferred location is Nottingham had the email with the DBS forms from manpower?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachie93)
    I think they're just working through the responses with acceptance onan first come first served basis.

I applied to Liverpool and manchester
    Thats good, glad they are progressing things finally. I applied Liverpool/Manchester too! Wonder what location we get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawgrad13)
    I got 444 so I wouldn't worry, it just takes time!
    Whats the scores out of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottgib)
    Whats the scores out of?
    Its out of 7. I very much doubt its dependant on what scores you get as to when you get contacted. Once you have a provisional offer then its all the same. I think its more to do with location some areas may require people to start earlier or are just ready for them to start.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like Liverpool/Manchester applicants have been contacted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    Not me...

ReputationRep:
    For those of us who are going up to Euston Tower on Thurs... What are you wearing? Given it's not an interview, I can't decide whether I need to be in full formal business wear, or whether a blazer and smart trousers will do. Trivial issue I know but I can't decide how to play it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    I don't think they're contacting people based on location - they're just working their way through the email inbox based on who response and confirmed their acceptance first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil Piranha)
    For those of us who are going up to Euston Tower on Thurs... What are you wearing? Given it's not an interview, I can't decide whether I need to be in full formal business wear, or whether a blazer and smart trousers will do. Trivial issue I know but I can't decide how to play it!
    You can wear casual clothes as its just handing your documents in. Im going for the o grade role still awaiting info about the heo role. What role you going for on Thursday?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know what the dress code is for the job? When I had my interview, everybody who passed me in the building was wearing casual clothes except my interviewers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slc2710)
    Does anybody know what the dress code is for the job? When I had my interview, everybody who passed me in the building was wearing casual clothes except my interviewers
    Someone on another thread (who works for HMRC) said it's smart/casual unless you're meeting with a client, in which case it's smart. I'm going to dress formal for the first day and take it from there.

ReputationRep:
    Those who haven't had the email asking us to complete the health form, references and dbs check, what day did you respond with your acceptance to the provisional job offer? I replied on Saturday afternoon and am wondering if this is why i haven't got an email as yet as maybe they are working through the order of response and just haven't got to me?

ReputationRep:
    Those who work for HMRC currently - quick question. Do you know if you get any additional annual leave for Life events? I am getting married in December and my current work gives me an extra days leave for it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.