Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Barclays interview really wasn't too bad tbh. Bit weird recording yourself mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMZL)
    Barclays interview really wasn't too bad tbh. Bit weird recording yourself mind

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I still honestly can't believe their whole process is application -> video interview -> offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jker)
    I still honestly can't believe their whole process is application -> video interview -> offer.
    I also agree with this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BGUK19)
    How exactly did you network with traders?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am from a target school, so there were a lot of networking events on-campus, where I talked with MDs from Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and Citi for example and I also had informal phone interviews later with them. That is really a great opportunity to learn a lot and to understand the industry better. It´s also nice to mention that in your cover letter later on. I also had an informal interview with an analyst from Morgan Stanley, after asking him over linkedIn. So it´s also possible for non-targets.

The best thing to do is really reaching out to some alumni. Most of them will be happy to help you.

ReputationRep:
    When doing cover letters, who do you address it to? Do you have to find a HR person in the bank from Linkedin and address it to them?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwagon)
    When doing cover letters, who do you address it to? Do you have to find a HR person in the bank from Linkedin and address it to them?
    Dear sir madam or grad recruitment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BGUK19)
    Has anyone seen this Amplify trading? Just curious if its one of those pay loads and get nothing. Or is it actually recognised and gives you potential?
    Nothing you pay for will equate to anything near experience you successfully applied for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trader07)
    I am from a target school, so there were a lot of networking events on-campus, where I talked with MDs from Goldman Sachs, Bank of America and Citi for example and I also had informal phone interviews later with them. That is really a great opportunity to learn a lot and to understand the industry better. It´s also nice to mention that in your cover letter later on. I also had an informal interview with an analyst from Morgan Stanley, after asking him over linkedIn. So it´s also possible for non-targets.

The best thing to do is really reaching out to some alumni. Most of them will be happy to help you.
    I agree. I can't stress enough the importance of networking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    offers: BAML

interviews: BAML, UBS, ICAP

If we consider the posters reliable sources...
    is that it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobb99998)
    is that it?
    MS is interviewing as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobb99998)
    is that it?
    offers: BAML*, BARC*

interviews: BAML, UBS, ICAP, BARC, MS*

I want to clarify that these are not MY achievements (unfortunately), but the up to date list of banks giving interviews and offers!

*Based on too few posts to be 100% confirmed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LN27)
    Got an offer from JPM 🎉🎉
    Good prank!

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone else who got an offer from BAML? I haven't heard back since applying 3 weeks ago.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone else who got an offer from BAML? I haven't heard back since applying 3 weeks ago.
    Ndm11 I think but I literally don't know if we can trust him, he comes from Bocconi you know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LN27)
    Ndm11 I think but I literally don't know if we can trust him, he comes from Bocconi you know...
    hahah you can trust me people, I'm an honest man. I would be more concerned with Barclays and JPM offers out of the blue

ReputationRep:
    I also think there is some ********ting in here. Like the people who said they got interview with CS. And CS is not reviewing applications before December etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    I also think there is some ********ting in here. Like the people who said they got interview with CS. And CS is not reviewing applications before December etc.
    I don't know who said that, but can confirm that CS says screening starts in December. I also know that Barclays tells you quite quickly if you failed or passed the video interview (which, btw, for some people is instead a set of tests, I have no idea on what this distinction is based).

ReputationRep:
    Probably. Don't think MS has started interviewing yet either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    Probably. Don't think MS has started interviewing yet either.
    Hope so, because I heard nothing...

ReputationRep:
    Have you interviewed?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.