Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got any offers from Edinburgh, Southampton, Essex or Reading for English lit? The wait is almost driving me crazy!

I got an offer from Kent though which is keeping me sane haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver79)
    Has anybody got any offers from Edinburgh, Southampton, Essex or Reading for English lit? The wait is almost driving me crazy!

I got an offer from Kent though which is keeping me sane haha.
    LOL i was like that until i got my offer today. That is keeping me happy for the time being. As for your query, i don't think many people have offers from Edinburgh just yet, i think it's one of those unis that take its sweet ass time in getting back to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matty101)
    hah, your post made me laugh. Ive applied for mech engineering to Bristol, Loughborough, exeter and Sussex. All have acknowledged (via email or letter) and sussex have given me an unconditional offer (im on a gap year and have already done my a levels). really want an offer from exeter tho. Otherwise yeah, tbh, i havent seen many people with offers for engineering yet (apart from engineering and management). Dont know why theyre being so slow? I like your theory tho
    At least you have an unconditional offer :thumbsup:

I think the engineering departments set specific dates on when they send out offers, something like once a month or once in two months. So even if there is this outstanding student they absolutely want, that student will not be notified until the other accumulated offers are given out on the specifically given date. When I got a conditional offer from Bath this weekend, I saw loads of people with the offer, the same applies to Southampton. So... I suppose if you haven't heard from exeter, then no one else has... However, it seems like that offers for non-engineering studies are more randomly given.... I have many more theories, lol :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Right people, I'm coming to join this thread for many more happy months of waiting...wahoo. Sent my UCAS off today (lateee I know).. hope to get some offers sooooooon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel80088)
    Got an offer from kent for english with Spanish! 33 points! ahh!

Oh my god nottingham are giving out offers!! For what??
    well done
    yep they are...got unconditional from notts for history

What are yo applying for? Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking enviously at this thread for weeks now and can finally post! Have an offer for Biology from Durham (Castle) :woo: 34 IB points with 5,5 in Biology and either Chem or Maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver79)
    I think edinburgh like to take their time in giving out offers.. damn them! Although my friend has got an offer from there, but that is for biochemistry where about 250 people apply and 240 get places so.. considerably easier I'd say!

Anyone else sick of playing the waiting game.. c'mon universities.. just one would be nice!!:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agneisse)
    I've been looking enviously at this thread for weeks now and can finally post! Have an offer for Biology from Durham (Castle) :woo: 34 IB points with 5,5 in Biology and either Chem or Maths.
    You may be the first durham offer. :shock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    You may be the first durham offer. :shock:
    Unfortunately I'm not :p: Not on the whole of TSR, anyway. At least one other person on the Durham thread got one too, though she might not have been TSR-obsessed enough to have ventured here TBH we're international so that might be the reason why our applications were processed so quickly - so they can rape us for fees. I'm not complaining, of course

Has it dawned on anyone yet that the people who will, offers and grades permitting, be teaching us next year, are the same people who have read our (I speak for myself here) cringeworthy PSes? :eek: *hides in shame*

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I'm not :p: Not on the whole of TSR, anyway. At least one other person on the Durham thread got one too, though she might not have been TSR-obsessed enough to have ventured here TBH we're international so that might be the reason why our applications were processed so quickly - so they can rape us for fees. I'm not complaining, of course

Has it dawned on anyone yet that the people who will, offers and grades permitting, be teaching us next year, are the same people who have read our cringeworthy PSes? :eek: *hides in shame*
    Heh, that occurred to me, but then again they must have liked them in order to accept us... right? :grin:

ReputationRep:
    Durham :woo: congratulations. I really really want an offer from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    Heh, that occurred to me, but then again they must have liked them in order to accept us... right? :grin:
    I like your explanation better :yep: Though my PS was rather run-of-the-mill so hopefully they won't remember it after reading hundreds of apps :p: I doubt they memorise bits of everybody's PSes and then go hunt down the freshers who talked about the cringeworthiest stuff each year, at any rate Though it would be a freaky experience at the first lecture: "Is there a Matt Kongers in the room? Matt, welcome to [uni]. Care to share with us how Chemistry is 'more than a bunch of test tubes'?" XD

(Original post by Echolife)
    Durham :woo: congratulations. I really really want an offer from there.
    Thanks, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I like your explanation better :yep: Though my PS was rather run-of-the-mill so hopefully they won't remember it after reading hundreds of apps :p: I doubt they memorise bits of everybody's PSes and then go hunt down the freshers who talked about the cringeworthiest stuff each year, at any rate Though it would be a freaky experience at the first lecture: "Is there a Matt Kongers in the room? Matt, welcome to [uni]. Care to share with us how Chemistry is 'more than a bunch of test tubes'?" XD

Thanks, and good luck!
    :eek: YOU HAVE AN OFFER!!

Yo estoy muy muy muy celosa.

LOL I thought us Americans were going to have to wait FOREVER. hahaha

did your offer come through the mail or UCAS?

And isn't that a pretty low offer? Aren't IB tests out of 7? well congrats if it is

i wonder when they'll be sending my rejection along...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mleoni1)
    :eek: YOU HAVE AN OFFER!!
    Yo estoy muy muy muy celosa.
    LOL I thought us Americans were going to have to wait FOREVER. hahaha
    did your offer come through the mail or UCAS?
    And isn't that a pretty low offer? Aren't IB tests out of 7? well congrats if it is
    i wonder when they'll be sending my rejection along...
    My offer's on track though the AES thing still tells me that my app has not yet reached the department :rolleyes: Yahoo mail also classified the email telling me my track status has changed as spam. Lovely.

No necesitas tener celosa :hugs: Biology's pretty uncompetitive from the admissions ratios, so that's probably why it's faster (and like the only reason I got in, LOL). 34 +5,5 is vaguely equal to ABB (their typical offer) I think, shouldn't be *too* difficult...I hope.

I'm sure you'll get an offer soon enough Fingers crossed for you! I hope we see each other at uni next year :yep:

ReputationRep:
    My offer's on track though the AES thing still tells me that my app has not yet reached the department :rolleyes: Yahoo mail also classified the email telling me my track status has changed as spam. Lovely.

No necesitas tener celosa :hugs: Biology's pretty uncompetitive from the admissions ratios, so that's probably why it's faster (and like the only reason I got in, LOL). 34 +5,5 is vaguely equal to ABB (their typical offer) I think, shouldn't be *too* difficult...I hope.

I'm sure you'll get an offer soon enough Fingers crossed for you! I hope we see each other at uni next year :yep:
    *grumbles* i should have applied for biology - I already have a 5 on the ap test */grumbles*

oh why oh why did i choose physics?! lawl

but yeah it would be awesome if we could see each other at uni!

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take for the application form to be processed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    How long does it take for the application form to be processed?
    what did u apply for it depends??
    my application was only sent off a few days ago and ive got an offer from liverpool on track for psychologyy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srana)
    Thank you very much! Well done on Newcastle (whenever it was, perhaps I am waaay behind :p:) and good luck for your pending offers. I'm extra glad today, 'cause initially my school sent off my predicted grades incorrectly, but earlier sorted it out finally. Woo!
    thats awwwfull! how did they find that out?
    hope mine are right haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach__)
    what did u apply for it depends??
    my application was only sent off a few days ago and ive got an offer from liverpool on track for psychologyy
    I applied for Politics, but have only sent off my application today.

ReputationRep:
    I got an acknowledgment from Bristol for Zoology 4 weeks on saturday and they said they would reply within four weeks, so I'm hoping for a reply in the next 4 days. Come on! please! This is getting painful now and I always thought I was such a patient person!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 26, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.