Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Denilson will definitely play I reckon. He'll probably play Bendy out wide too :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZizAli)
    I'm done with you fools. Absolute fools.

Premier League prediction: 76 points
    Champions League prediction: LOL

I leave you in the hands of Slawaccess, Marcus, Overmars, Economist, Complex Simplicity (14 goals in 33 games) and the rest of the dimwits that attempt to comfort one another. Blind leading the blind.
    :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trying to 'lead' anyone.

76 points could easily be enough to win the league this season, tbh - it's more points per game than we're averaging at the moment. So much for your lack of faith in the team.

Good riddance. :hi:

You'll be back though, I guarantee it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Denilson will definitely play I reckon. He'll probably play Bendy out wide too :facepalm2:
    He's got to have realised how badly that went in the last game right? I hope so.

ReputationRep:
    Hearing a very tenuous rumour about Bordeaux's Michael Ciani.

If we're going to go down the French defence route again, I'd quite like to see Mathieu Bodmer, since he can play CB but also provide backup/competition for Song in the DM position.

ReputationRep:
    I think JET should get a start, impress some suitors in the J-League :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Rumour has it we might get Ramos, would be great but whoever wrote this article doesnt know Wenger.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football...o_bust-up.aspx

ReputationRep:
    He's obviously not going to come to Arsenal. Sure, if he was made available we have the money, and he is one of the best defenders in the world. But, you know, Wenger.

ReputationRep:
    Djourou definitely needs a rest, he was off his game a bit last match, but due to our lack of defensive back up we may need to resort to Song, and seeing as how Wenger has mentioned Song in every interview concerning his centre back cover for the last 5 months, that seems a likely option.

As someone else said, Nasri had a bit of a break last week so I think we can risk starting him, and can always pull him off later if we're leading. So I'm gonna go for the following lineup:

Szczesny

Sagna-----Song-----Koscielny-----Gibbs

Denilson-----Ramsey

Rosicky

Nasri------Chamakh------Arshavin

That front line is a) two thirds second teamers so we're still resting Van Persie and Walcott for the weekend, but also b) the front three who have arguably played the most minutes with each other in the first half of our season, so should be able to link up well.

On the bench I'd go with Shea, Clichy, Eboue, Eastmond, Fabregas, Vela, Bendtner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I don't want to be controversial here, but the most technically gifted player we've had in the Premier League is either Robert Pires or Aliaksandr Hleb.

Technical ability doesn't make you a great player without application (Hleb wasn't good defensively and almost never shot or scored, whereas Pires was a true club legend).
    Bergkamp deserves a mention

in terms of technique....the best now is rvp probably

ReputationRep:
    http://arseblog.com/2011/01/leeds-pr...ntent-thieves/

"I think that we lack leadership and without leadership we can’t move forward. You can walk forward a bit but then the same thing that’s happened will happen again. These things make us very sad but I don’t see a player at Arsenal who is a real leader. I can’t see a single one. Even if Fabregas is the captain, but he is not a leader to me." - Denilson

Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    I first expected it to be purely aimed at Cesc, perhaps in retaliation to the comments made after the pen Denilson gave away, but looking at the article it appears the interview was before the match, which is quite interesting. Apparently, he qualified those comments by talking about joint leadership, which, in fairness, has been the club line for a few years now, but there's clearly something more behind it.

On the pitch, Cesc can be a great leader, but his recent comments off the pitch have been :facepalm2: worthy. I think the constant link to Barca means we know he won't be around long term and so it's hard to hold him up as a leader in the short term.

At a big club, you'll have big players and so egos come in to play. Some players may not be willing to accept another as a leader if they see it as a sign that they're not the best around and perhaps Arsene feels that is the case. If so, the joint leadership line is the best one to have really and imo can be quite productive. I guess if people generally perceive us as needing one real leader, and believe that Cesc isn't that man, then you have to look to Wenger. Wenger isn't known for being a man manager and I don't think he's a great one at all, tbh, so the problem, if indeed there is one, stems from him; the transfers he's made and the way he treats the players.

Edit: Apparently Cesc said something on Twitter about it just being a misunderstanding and there's no real problem.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like an RVP/Verm captainship. But sadly they are both always injured.
    And Wilshere for the future.

ReputationRep:
    RvP seems to have improved (leadership wise) with age, but I definitely think Verm should be future captain. Jack is also a potential future candidate, but the time when he's ready to take over is still a long way off, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it journalists think we have an issue with our goalkeepers? (see the newest edition of the game podcast for interesting discussion on arsenal)

For me the only position we've got significant weakness is at CB. Am I the only one who is not really the nervous with fabianski and sindy in goal?

ReputationRep:
    Upon meeting Wilshere in the reception area before the event I was instantly struck by how wide he is. I remember Theo Walcott saying that - despite his size - he is surprisingly hard to shove off the ball.
    :awesome:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/danwalker...his_class.html

ReputationRep:
    I did not realise Wilshere had a tattoo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Hearing a very tenuous rumour about Bordeaux's Michael Ciani.

If we're going to go down the French defence route again, I'd quite like to see Mathieu Bodmer, since he can play CB but also provide backup/competition for Song in the DM position.
    If we were going down the french route I'd like to see Eden Hazard.

Since he can play as an attacking mid or out wide like every midfielder we have in our squad.

But seriously he looks ****ing amazing, shame we have no room for him.

ReputationRep:
    Govou would be better :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I think we're meant to be in for him in the summer. :yy:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.