Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    I do. And as you know I spent the morning in Westfields :P
    Sounds like something I'd do tbh. Either that or spend it hungover/sleeping.

ReputationRep:
    Well done!
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Woop woop!
    Thanks! I'm so surprised by my OSCE mark. Who knew I could talk to patients?

Oh and you two better be going to the medic meet! Looking forward to meeting a few of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Got my ticket for Sonisphere. Oh yes.
    They released the line up yet? Me and a flatmate are deciding between that or Download.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    just to let you know I'm unimpressed, mister

(though I did chuckle)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Thanks! I'm so surprised by my OSCE mark. Who knew I could talk to patients?

Oh and you two better be going to the medic meet! Looking forward to meeting a few of you.
    There is a meet?

ReputationRep:
    There is a meet?
    Yes.

And vote here people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    They released the line up yet? Me and a flatmate are deciding between that or Download.
    A fair portion of it yeah. All I'm interested in at Download is Rob Zombie and System of a Down, the rest really doesn't do it for me.

Sonisphere has the big 4! Definitely excited about Metallica. Also there's Slipknot, In Flames, Mastodon, Gojira so it's looking good so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Yes.

And vote here people!
    I probably wont be in london. Apart from the last one when I will be cramming

I need to ban myself from TSR AGAIN it seems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    A fair portion of it yeah. All I'm interested in at Download is Rob Zombie and System of a Down, the rest really doesn't do it for me.

Sonisphere has the big 4! Definitely excited about Metallica. Also there's Slipknot, In Flames, Mastodon, Gojira so it's looking good so far.
    Periphery <3

ReputationRep:
    Back from trauma course with LAS, surprise present was a certificate thing with the RCS on it 'for your portfolio and cbd'. I diddn't know this mattered. We have portfolios, but just for module sign offs and cexs etc. Really interesting stuff though - little sick, big sick or dead?

Meh, I hate Mondays, especially when they begin with a consultant grilling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Back from trauma course with LAS, surprise present was a certificate thing with the RCS on it 'for your portfolio and cbd'. I diddn't know this mattered. We have portfolios, but just for module sign offs and cexs etc. Really interesting stuff though - little sick, big sick or dead?

PHTLS?

If it is, that's epic and well worth keeping hold of the certificate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    PHTLS?

If it is, that's epic and well worth keeping hold of the certificate.
    Yes, pre hospital trauma life support. I was an observer though, so it just says demonstrated skills, not qualified in. At the momment its a piece of paper that has LAS on it with a bit saying official certification from RCS is apparently on the way...

Does it actually matter? (I'm not taking the piss, genuinely clueless). Its a £400 course, about to go up to about £6-700, I got on as an observer because someone emailed me asking whether I'd do it, seemed like an interesting weekend out - and it was.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it does count. Not as much as actually doing the courses as a provider but it's good evidence of interest in pre-hosp care, emergency medicine and continuing professional development.

I was going to go on that particular course too.

ReputationRep:
    Woo, does that mean my observer ATLS certificate might count too?

I'm running our students' trauma weekend course next week. Not looking forward to the organisational nightmare (not to mention the cleaning up of meat-products...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Yes, it does count. Not as much as actually doing the courses as a provider but it's good evidence of interest in pre-hosp care, emergency medicine and continuing professional development.

I was going to go on that particular course too.
    They're changing the course - the one I went on was the last of the old courses, this is why the cost is going up. I gathered that the new courses will teach more on management of catastrophic bleeds, among other things.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, just spent the last hour in the mess cheering on the junior doctors. "They've spent the last 5 years learning how to save lives."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Ahh, just spent the last hour in the mess cheering on the junior doctors. "They've spent the last 5 years learning how to save lives."
    I loved the gratuitous 'make the fat guy run' scenes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)

If only you knew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Crash)
    I loved the gratuitous 'make the fat guy run' scenes...
    I like the ad with the fat guy running, and someone screaming, "WE HAVE A CARDIAC ARREST!!" I'm thinking, 'not far off'.

I've honestly never seen another medic that fat before. He's also obviously gained a lot of weight recently, all his clothes look ridiculously stretched out, like he hasn't had time to buy bigger stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I like the ad with the fat guy running, and someone screaming, "WE HAVE A CARDIAC ARREST!!" I'm thinking, 'not far off'.

I've honestly never seen another medic that fat before. He's also obviously gained a lot of weight recently, all his clothes look ridiculously stretched out, like he hasn't had time to buy bigger stuff.
    I have - he's an F1 now and helped teach me last year

And I had exactly the same thoughts when he was shouting cardiac arrest

I need to get my ass in the gym so I am nice and slim haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.