POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
nosaer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DH-Biker)
I was applying it towards the Americans, they can't perform Torture as its against the Geneva Convention.

Of course Terrorist groups wont follow those guidelines.

Regardless of the opposing force, America will not torture any individual. Especially one like that who wouldn't give up any information anyway.

They found out what they needed there on his person.

If they even suggested doing so, the UN would rain down control order upon control order. Luckily, Obama holds more intelligence to resort to torturing someone who would rather be burnt alive then let slip any information.
Yeah, I dont think you know what the Geneva convention is.

America will not torture any individual? :lol:
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nosaer)
Oh yes, cremation is absolutely fine in Islamic tradition. In fact, its encouraged. Good to know we have someone who knows what they're talking about on this thread. Good job Cap'n! :rolleyes:
Muslims are always
buried, never cremated. Cremation and other modes of disposal are considered to be strictly forbidden.
http://www.mcb.org.uk/downloads/Death-Bereavement.pdf
DH-Biker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SatanIsAwesome)
If they would've took Osama alive then there would've been a lot of kidnappings/threats by Al-Qaeda to try and bargain for his release...
I guess some of you would prefer that?
I tried debating that point; it fell dully on deaf ears I'm afraid.

There will be attacks anyway, but at least now they know he's actually dead, its a significant blow to moral.

We'll see how it plays out, though I remain pessamistic with the safety of cities with the Coalition Nations.
DH-Biker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nosaer)
Yeah, I dont think you know what the Geneva convention is.

America will not torture any individual? :lol:
I spent seven years studying warfare, its aplications and its historic/modern results.

I know the details of every convention that has been assembled in the face of warfare, and the rules and restrictions that are now applied to combat scenarios.

America has tortured individuals before; and they've always been discovered. Ensuing problems within the UN brought down a political storm that forced them to wade through seas of red-tape, unable to pass any jurisdiction within the UN council until they had cleared up the fact and compensated those involved, or members threatened.

They wont torture one more person until the GC is scrapped. Which it wont be, and when it is, it will be replaced by a then-modern application.

In any case, I've got a lesson now and then Lunch, so I'll debate any more arguments you have afterwards. Please drop the cockiness, it doesn't represent the level headed attitude you had yesterday.
nosaer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sarcasm: [noun] the rhetorical device of using a characterization of something or someone in order to express contempt.

Tabris
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah.

They are debating whether or not to release the footage from the camera-mount on one of the Navy Seal Team's weapons.

And they are also debating whether or not to release images from the scene.

They've done it before with such things, and they showed footage of Suddam being hung, so I'm sure they will this time.
Guncam or headcam footage would be pretty amazing.

That is, if people can handle watching somebody die. Or at the very least, up until the point.

No doubt they'd heavily edit it, if footage were to ever be released.
nosaer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I spent seven years studying warfare, its aplications and its historic/modern results.

I know the details of every convention that has been assembled in the face of warfare, and the rules and restrictions that are now applied to combat scenarios.

America has tortured individuals before; and they've always been discovered. Ensuing problems within the UN brought down a political storm that forced them to wade through seas of red-tape, unable to pass any jurisdiction within the UN council until they had cleared up the fact and compensated those involved, or members threatened.

They wont torture one more person until the GC is scrapped. Which it wont be, and when it is, it will be replaced by a then-modern application.

In any case, I've got a lesson now and then Lunch, so I'll debate any more arguments you have afterwards. Please drop the cockiness, it doesn't represent the level headed attitude you had yesterday.
Naive is thy name.

Which GC are you talking about?
Ewan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's amazing people would condone this then go and rally against the death penalty. At least death row inmates were actually sentenced in a court of law.
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by umarrehman187)
and according to your thing about this shrine etc no we would have not made a shrine and made it an icon because that is against our religion, saladin (a very strong muslim leader has a small wooden shrine thats it) so bin laden would have been no different!
I don't think you'd call Al Qaeda an Islamic group, would you? I mean, they twist the words of Islam to suit their own ways.
ihaveyourcat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1stly please stop saying they would attack us, because you guys have been killing iraqi kids mothers and soldiers till this day, im sure the amount of innocent civlians bush killed in his president days is enough for me to keep calling out his name...and dont say awww the terrorists did it then george bush retalited because thats not true, they equally as bad!

obviously as an american you will say we started it, and we will say you started it....so yh this is never going to end

and according to your thing about this shrine etc no we would have not made a shrine and made it an icon because that is against our religion, saladin (a very strong muslim leader has a small wooden shrine thats it) so bin laden would have been no different!

bush is not the sole figure but one of the figures in this war just like bin laden....

the day the americnas get out of all the muslim countries there will be peace
Killing innocent people is also against Islam but extremists seem to be doing that anyway... I think that burying him in sea was the right desicion- wherever you burried him on land would have caused more trouble than its worth. Plus the USA did try to give his body to saudi arabia (where he was from originally) but saudi arabia refused to take it. Which country would have wanted to take his body and associate themselves with it? Under the circumstances as the body had to be burried in 24 hours (according to muslim tradition) I think they did the right thing.
sammca
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greengrapes)
with todays advances in technology a application called photoshop does exist. If the USA wanted to show us actual evidence of Osama's "death" they would of given him a dignified muslim burial instead of drowning him at sea..
They didn't drown him. He was buried at sea so that his followers couldn't use his grave as a gathering place to praise him. And what would a grave mean to anyone, and its not like the whole worlds gonna want to watch a televised funeral of the worlds most hated man. That is exactly what he wants, to be a legend to his people.
umarrehman187
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i do agree with some people here that yes they do take ilsam and make it suit thier own ways which i do think is wrong as in jihad innocent people should not be killed... so i do agree on that, extremists blowing up trains with children to get thier point across and extresmists who blow thier own kind up i do think that is wrong i do not support that...... but when america bombs innocent civlians in iraq do you not think that is extreme too?

but they did ask saudi arabia and they refused? ok
bin laden has been fighting for iraq and staying in pakistan since a young age why did they not ask them?

they found him in pakistan why did they not ask them would they like to keep him?

they did not ask ask because they knew they would say yes

they asked saudi because the saudi are puppets of america!

its sounds stupid but thats the truth!
greengrapes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sammca)
They didn't drown him. He was buried at sea so that his followers couldn't use his grave as a gathering place to praise him. And what would a grave mean to anyone, and its not like the whole worlds gonna want to watch a televised funeral of the worlds most hated man. That is exactly what he wants, to be a legend to his people.
islamically graves are not marked soo it wouldnt of been used as a shrine or for people to come and praise and i dont understand how u can bury somone in sea when you just drop there coffin in the middle of nowhere im pretty sure where they dropped him there isnt a underwater grave yard. he may of been the most hated man but he he is a human and God will deal with him as he pleases.
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ewan)
It's amazing people would condone this then go and rally against the death penalty. At least death row inmates were actually sentenced in a court of law.
There is a difference between sentencing a prisoner to death, who is already locked up and is not presenting a threat to anyone and having to open fire and kill someone who is trying to kill you in a firefight.
Gangee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Rubbish
You sir are a moron.
Tabris
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i do agree with some people here that yes they do take ilsam and make it suit thier own ways which i do think is wrong as in jihad innocent people should not be killed... so i do agree on that, extremists blowing up trains with children to get thier point across and extresmists who blow thier own kind up i do think that is wrong i do not support that...... but when america bombs innocent civlians in iraq do you not think that is extreme too?
What the USA does to the innocent and how extreme it is, is completely irrelevant. We're talking about Al Aqaeda using Osama Bin Laden's body as a beacon of some kind if his body were to be found.

You said that nobody would use his body as n icon because it is unislamic; however, you've just ceded that they do bend Islam to their own ways. You have no reason to say that his case would be the no different to Saladin's.

Like people have been saying, burying him at sea saves the hassle of the possibility of anything like this happening.
umarrehman187
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gangee)
You sir are a moron.
ok sir
umarrehman187
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tabris)
What the USA does to the innocent and how extreme it is, is completely irrelevant. We're talking about Al Aqaeda using Osama Bin Laden's body as a beacon of some kind if his body were to be found.

You said that nobody would use his body as n icon because it is unislamic; however, you've just ceded that they do bend Islam to their own ways. You have no reason to say that his case would be the no different to Saladin's.

Like people have been saying, burying him at sea saves the hassle of the possibility of anything like this happening.
i stated yes they do bend thier way only in this exremist bomb etc not other things dont take my words and say i said i only said bend thier ways in order to kill and in the name of jihad

about burying etc shrines etc no i still think they do not bend thier ways and they would have not made a shrine and worshipped it and used to for hatred!
umarrehman187
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
but i do understand your point and will not be ignorant and i do see sense in your comment
Man G
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
he was buried out to sea? yeah sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (141)
38.42%
No - but I will (21)
5.72%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
48.77%

Watched Threads