Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathrg26)
    Haha I'm pretty comfortable now. Oh that sucks, where have you applied?
    Cambs, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol. Yh it must be comforting knowing you're wanted somewhere

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin1125)
    Do you know if you have to go to a visit day at York if you have an offer? It's just that I don't really want to have to take time out of school since I'm incredibly busy (with Oxford interview prep and Target 2.0) and already know it's my back up since it's the lowest grades. If they're still doing visit days in January or February I'd sign up for it, but I really shouldn't be missing 1-2 days of school to visit a uni I've already seen...
    i looked on the York Gateway thing and there's a visit day in March that you can go to, there's three more aswell, one is 27th November and the other two ive forgotten ! i'll just check and tell you

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everyone who has received offers! I'm just sitting here, waiting patiently.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Flawless)
    Well done to everyone who has received offers! I'm just sitting here, waiting patiently.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Cambs, LSE, UCL, Warwick and Bristol. Yh it must be comforting knowing you're wanted somewhere
    At least you know they haven't really started giving any out.

ReputationRep:
    At least you know they haven't really started giving any out.
    Actually I've seen people with Bristol, Warwick and LSE offers, but it's fine, I'm in no rush.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I've seen people with Bristol, Warwick and LSE offers, but it's fine, I'm in no rush.
    Not a massive amount though right? Exactly! Still early days.

ReputationRep:
    It says on UCAS
    what when you apply will it notify you, or is it up to the student to find out for themselves?

ReputationRep:
    Not a massive amount though right? Exactly! Still early days.
    Yh I guess you're right, waiting's not a problem as long as there's good news in the end

(Original post by Millerman)
    what when you apply will it notify you, or is it up to the student to find out for themselves?
    No no when you enter your options on UCAS. Like when I put down Cambridge it said I might need to submit a few essays.

ReputationRep:
    zzzzzzzzz

ReputationRep:
    I've got one from Exeter, someone I know already has 4 offers! But not in economics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh I guess you're right, waiting's not a problem as long as there's good news in the end

No no when you enter your options on UCAS. Like when I put down Cambridge it said I might need to submit a few essays.
    oh okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SP10)
    Congratulations!
    Have you booked the applicant day yet?

ReputationRep:
    Question for anyone who's received an offer:

Does UCAS email you saying they've updated track or do I need to keep checking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)

They email you but its delayed

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard from Nottingham or Leeds?

ReputationRep:
    Have you booked the applicant day yet?
    Nope, not yet. Have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)

they email you saying ' something has changed in your application, please log into UCAS Track to view the changes ' then it tells you what the change could be.

so yeah no point checking till you get that email im afraid

ReputationRep:
    I am not quite sure which course to choose if I want to pursue a career somewhere in the lines among government or politics..is BSc economics or BA economics and politics better degree to have for that field? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blurb234)
    I am not quite sure which course to choose if I want to pursue a career somewhere in the lines among government or politics..is BSc economics or BA economics and politics better degree to have for that field? :/
    BA Economics is probably more beneficial for that sort of career path, however it honestly doesn't matter which one you do

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.