Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herisson)
    Ha, I meant to type "thing" instead of "they"
    Teach teachers do after they will get marks not they just the bands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apologetic Cube)
    Teach teachers do after they will get marks not they just the bands.
    I agree completely .......

But there must be a definitive answer to this. Does every school/college receive the same detail for individuals' exam results. Or, can posh ones pay for greater detail?

Or, do teachers/lecturers decide arbitrarily what info they want to release to avoid excess workload.

ReputationRep:
    Got 85% in Geog, considering we had been preparing for Coasts to come up in the exam for the whole year and Glaciation turned up instead, wasn't so bad :P. I'm so glad that I managed to get that grade given how mind numbingly boring Geo was, plus I was a loner in my class

ReputationRep:
    I went in with one poem and a novel I'd read once. Can you sense the badass?
    Indeed, badass mofo. I recall still trying to cram about 50 quotations in my head the night before, and I don't think I had learned many Gatsby quotations at all, which I fortunately didn't have to use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skier16)
    Just found out I got 94% in Spanish and 93 in German!! I don't want to find out my English or Maths though
    Well done! I know my bands, but I think I will choose to remain blissfully ignorant of the raw marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    A harrowing journey to develop a man's skills of literacy and writing long, neat essays under a time limit. An adventure where one will endure love, tragedy, poems that probably don't rhyme and possibly a good movie that you will grow to hate. It is a lifestyle, one that can be adopted only by the top. The best. Those that achieve a standard grade credit pass in English, or equivalent. For months you will write essay after essay. Do close reading after close reading. And on a fateful day in May, you will prove yourself worthy. You will use your new finely honed skills of analysis and writing fast to take on the strongest beast in your entire academic life. The Higher English exam.

Too some, Higher English means nothing. It's worthless to them. A 'waste of time'. But to others, to those with heart and soul mightier than average. Its an experience. An experience that will change their life. Forever.
    This is simply too funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladymarshmallow)
    Indeed, badass mofo. I recall still trying to cram about 50 quotations in my head the night before, and I don't think I had learned many Gatsby quotations at all, which I fortunately didn't have to use.
    :ditto:

I was absolutely bricking it the night before the exam! The funny thing is, I came out of the exam praying that the grade boundaries would be a little lower, perhaps around the 63/64 mark, so that I could possibly scrape an A pass... when, in reality, I got a band 1 :proud:!

Exams are odd. I was certain Biology would be my strongest result and English my worse... but it was vice-versa in the end :hmmm:!

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

I was absolutely bricking it the night before the exam! The funny thing is, I came out of the exam praying that the grade boundaries would be a little lower, perhaps around the 63/64 mark, so that I could possibly scrape an A pass... when, in reality, I got a band 1 :proud:!

Exams are odd. I was certain Biology would be my strongest result and English my worse... but it was vice-versa in the end :hmmm:!
    Exactly the same as me! You would not believe how many hours I spend frantically calculating the lowest marks I could get in each component to scrape an A on the Higher English grade calculator, thinking that even that was surely wishful thinking, but like you I ended up with an A1.
    Yes, exams are indeed odd. I came out of history feeling fairly confident that I had got an A1, however got an A2.

ReputationRep:
    Can't get my bands yet cause my school doesn't go back until Tuesday

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have just finished 5th year and achieved AAABC in History, Spanish, Chemistry, English and Maths respectively. I want to study Spanish or modern languages at university. What would be te best subjects do study this year, considering my school can't offer advanced higher Spanish?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by rachelcee.)
    Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have just finished 5th year and achieved AAABC in History, Spanish, Chemistry, English and Maths respectively. I want to study Spanish or modern languages at university. What would be te best subjects do study this year, considering my school can't offer advanced higher Spanish?
    You've hit a lot of good subjects there already: A language, an essay-based humanity, and English. Honestly, you'd be good to study whatever you want, whatever you'd enjoy! What about another language?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    You've hit a lot of good subjects there already: A language, an essay-based humanity, and English. Honestly, you'd be good to study whatever you want, whatever you'd enjoy! What about another language?
    Thanks. Yeah I'm doing higher French and higher modern studies but I'm not sure if studying no advanced highers is an issue?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by rachelcee.)
    Thanks. Yeah I'm doing higher French and higher modern studies but I'm not sure if studying no advanced highers is an issue?
    Nah, not at all. Unless you want to study outside of Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you need to study Advanced Higher Physics for Optometry? I got an A for Higher Physics.
    Tried contacting the universities but have't received any replies.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not at all. Unless you want to study outside of Scotland.
    Okay thank you! And yeah I'm wanting to stay in scotland.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by kurt123)
    Does anyone know if you need to study Advanced Higher Physics for Optometry? I got an A for Higher Physics.
    Tried contacting the universities but have't received any replies.
    Nope! Not at all.

ReputationRep:
    Nope! Not at all.
    I got the entry requirements for the course so does that mean I can pick any subjects for S6.

At the moment I have picked/am doing:-
    A.Higher Maths, A.High Computing, Crash Higher Biology, Higher Art.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I got the entry requirements for the course so does that mean I can pick any subjects for S6.

At the moment I have picked/am doing:-
    A.Higher Maths, A.High Computing, Crash Higher Biology, Higher Art.
    If you meet all of the subject requirements, then yep. Do whatever you want!

ReputationRep:
    If you meet all of the subject requirements, then yep. Do whatever you want!

Yipee!! I wish I didn't stay on to 6th year now.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Yipee!! I wish I didn't stay on to 6th year now.
    Well remember that just because you meet the minimum entry requirements doesn't mean you'll get an offer. Staying on until 6th year gives you an opportunity to exceed the requirements, giving you a better chance, and to get some valuable stuff like work experience.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Do you have any savings?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.