Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Woooooop got all A*s Brum here we come can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    Woo got in! But has anyone else received their AS12 letter for confirmation ? I haven't :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biomagic)
    Woo got in! But has anyone else received their AS12 letter for confirmation ? I haven't :/
    Wooo got in too! Yeah I have..dont worry it should show up soon. Has your place been confirmed though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMe17)
    Wooo got in too! Yeah I have..dont worry it should show up soon. Has your place been confirmed though?
    Yeah, it has:

"Congratulations! Your place at The University of Birmingham B32 for Biological Sciences C100 has been confirmed"

I reallllllly don't know why I'm still worrying lol, I think it's just the shock.

Congratulations to us! (I hope so, I hope it's not a mistaaake!!)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it has:

"Congratulations! Your place at The University of Birmingham B32 for Biological Sciences C100 has been confirmed"

I reallllllly don't know why I'm still worrying lol, I think it's just the shock.
    LOL im exactly the same! Read track like 10 times this morning!! Have you been contacted for any scholarships yet? I think im eligible for the chamberlaind award (think thats how you spell it lol) but they havent said anything yet...

ReputationRep:
    LOL im exactly the same! Read track like 10 times this morning!! Have you been contacted for any scholarships yet? I think im eligible for the chamberlaind award (think thats how you spell it lol) but they havent said anything yet...

Haha, I've heard literally nada from the university! If I'm honest I was completely oblivious to any scholarships! I don't think my grades are like...super commendable tbf :')
    What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I've heard literally nada from the university! If I'm honest I was completely oblivious to any scholarships! I don't think my grades are like...super commendable tbf :')
    What are you studying?
    I know right! Not even a congratulations email lol. Haha neither are mine :P Studying Law, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    I know right! Not even a congratulations email lol. Haha neither are mine :P Studying Law, wbu?
    Haha, I literally went on to track at 7:30 only to find that it was open, and I was absolutely bricking it, and when I saw the confirmation I was like...so no congratulations email? Haha, oh wow that's fantastic, I've heard Law at Birmingham is extremely competitive, you've done really well! Celebrate!
    Biological sciences

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I literally went on to track at 7:30 only to find that it was open, and I was absolutely bricking it, and when I saw the confirmation I was like...so no congratulations email? Haha, oh wow that's fantastic, I've heard Law at Birmingham is extremely competitive, you've done really well! Celebrate!
    Biological sciences
    I was in school at 7;30 to get results first :P. I was disappointed when i saw them (only got ABB) so thought i had definitely got into clearing. Then i checked track and it said congratulations! I was never so happy haha. Then i checked my email and i was like oh no congratulations then? hahah. I know, so grateful im in really!

ReputationRep:
    I was in school at 7;30 to get results first :P. I was disappointed when i saw them (only got ABB) so thought i had definitely got into clearing. Then i checked track and it said congratulations! I was never so happy haha. Then i checked my email and i was like oh no congratulations then? hahah. I know, so grateful im in really!
    Lol...maybe they wanted to instil further fear in us for the luls. ABB? That's pretty good, but I understand what you mean. I was 3% off my offer grade because I did completely different qual to A-levels this year, and I found out like 2 months before today. I was like, nope not gonna do it, and so I accepted the worst really .
    But so so happy I've got into the uni of my dreams!!!

Happy for everyone else too, and anyone who didn't get in, I know exactly how it feels, I had the same experience last year with my a-levels and it positively sucked BALLS. Just persevere and make good choices and you'll get plenty more confirmations in life.

ReputationRep:
    Hey.I applied to uni through a student agency,so I didnt get personal access to ucas.I delivered all papers to uni and then received an email that I have to register.I did this and this is it?Nothing else?got no confirmations and else,on student finance website it says that my paymenys are approved

ReputationRep:
    Lol...maybe they wanted to instil further fear in us for the luls. ABB? That's pretty good, but I understand what you mean. I was 3% off my offer grade because I did completely different qual to A-levels this year, and I found out like 2 months before today. I was like, nope not gonna do it, and so I accepted the worst really .
    But so so happy I've got into the uni of my dreams!!!

Happy for everyone else too, and anyone who didn't get in, I know exactly how it feels, I had the same experience last year with my a-levels and it positively sucked BALLS. Just persevere and make good choices and you'll get plenty more confirmations in life.
    Hahaha exactly! Talk about tension! Yeah not bad, could have done better at least we both got in the end!! Uni of our dreams ahh it's all in the past anyway, just need to move on with the future. Thanks for the motivation! Hope everything works out in the future for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You won't receive any personal congratulations from the university until you register online through the 'my.bham' student portal. Your login details will be sent in the next few weeks. You have until the 9th of September to register.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grace .)
    You won't receive any personal congratulations from the university until you register online through the 'my.bham' student portal. Your login details will be sent in the few weeks. You have until the 9th of September to register.
    Haha thanks but they actually sent me one after I posted that :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha thanks but they actually sent me one after I posted that :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Does it say you can now register online or only ''congratulations''?

ReputationRep:
    One grade off my offer and I didn't get a place, gutted. Life goes on

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from Ucl, birmingham was my insurance. See you all in September

ReputationRep:
    Guys which is better to get, the electric freshers' fest tickets or the guild of students' one?

ReputationRep:
    Got accepted, see you all soon! Just bought my Fresher's package - excited!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbdulRI)
    Guys which is better to get, the electric freshers' fest tickets or the guild of students' one?
    I've gone for guild. Don't like how Facebook is filled with promoters for electric who are tricking people into the electric one :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.