Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Aww, just thinking about a homeless man last night when we were out, he was an amazing acoustic guitarist, we ended up sitting with him at 1am singing along to wonderwall :laugh:

I have so much respect for people like that, actually trying to make a difference to their and others lives.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by james1211)
    I'd rep you back but i can't rep anymore today :laugh: oh TSR...
    It's the thought that counts ^^ It's one of the perks of being a sub...That you like actually never run of rep to give out :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjj22)
    I love maths, crazy about it, its the only subject that makes sense)) -to me anyway- lol
    Haha aww, that's like with me and music!!! + Psychology, Chemistry & and few other subjects but mainly music haha aww that's good though! I like it but don't love it, its nice you have something you love I know people that don't have that and thy feel so lost...

(Original post by mjj22)
    haha lol, i think at gsce/standard grade we all fool about and once the highers/a-levels come we are like damn gotta get to work now for real.

lol im really picky with subjects. maths is the only thing l like... the rest are ok. recently i've been loving chemistry.

lol when i tell my friends that they laugh haha, thats why, but thats good that u like almost all genres)

yep i guess when im older i might change haha
    Haha so true! Though I did work hard for GCSE's and I really wanted good grades for them! OMGosh! Yes, we have totally actually worked for A levels like we're actually trying to get high grades lol. This is where the real work starts, GCSE's were nothing.

Ah really??? I love like all subjects that's real good! Chemistry is awesome!!! the best science in the world & my fav hehe

Aww, hha I've got a few friends like that but they're all 'are you 50??? who da hell listens to country anymore?!' Yeah i think so too, gives me variety

Haha, well we do become wiser with age apparently so possibly

ReputationRep:
    Aww, just thinking about a homeless man last night when we were out, he was an amazing acoustic guitarist, we ended up sitting with him at 1am singing along to wonderwall :laugh:

I have so much respect for people like that, actually trying to make a difference to their and others lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tcrumpen)
    Hahaha, someone else suggested it. We had him playing Bob Dylan songs and everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucine.B)
    x
    hopefully you got my PM

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, someone else suggested it. We had him playing Bob Dylan songs and everything.
    fair enough

ReputationRep:

I love wonderwall its like my fav Oasis song!!!

Yeah...i work at a shelter and food bank most weeks, I just love the people that come and go...however I always say that just because some don't look as if they're trying to make a difference they are and obvs its not always their fault they';re in the situation they're in life just springs up on ya sometimes...

What I love to do which I've been doing since I was about 4/5 is basically well my aunt is like a manager of a Pret branch and they chuck a ton of sandwiches and snacks each day so we take those and go around London feeding the homeless and that Its so nice! I have fab convo's with them, such fun ahaha XD
    Out of curiosity do you do anything when you see beggars a homeless people on the streets etc.???

ReputationRep:
    hopefully you got my PM
    Received Shall email ya now.

ReputationRep:
    I love wonderwall its like my fav Oasis song!!!

Yeah...i work at a shelter and food bank most weeks, I just love the people that come and go...however I always say that just because some don't look as if they're trying to make a difference they are and obvs its not always their fault they';re in the situation they're in life just springs up on ya sometimes...

What I love to do which I've been doing since I was about 4/5 is basically well my aunt is like a manager of a Pret branch and they chuck a ton of sandwiches and snacks each day so we take those and go around London feeding the homeless and that Its so nice! I have fab convo's with them, such fun ahaha XD
    Out of curiosity do you do anything when you see beggars a homeless people on the streets etc.???
    :five:

Yeah, i can't imagine how hard it must be. I'd love to help out, i wonder if there is something like that near me.

Usually i won't give them money but i sometimes just sit and talk to them for a bit. I'd hate to think they were lonely if nothing else. Our council and local police have instructed people here not to give them money under any circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    I concur completely with the stuff in bold. Absolutely concur. Sometimes all they have to do is be online on Skype and not even say anything. It's the little things that people don't realise they're doing or saying that can mean the most and it's the little things that people don't do that can hurt the most. Well if you've got the 'ban button' I wouldn't blame you for being a little trigger happy with it :ninja: You'd be a popular choice. That's all I'm getting at ^^

You seem to have a pretty decent head on your shoulders and you make people feel welcomed and you take the time to be there for people and put time and effort and thought into your replies. That's at least some of the way there :') I think incipient and all the other females in this thread would agree with me on what I'm saying Have alot of respect for your view on mistakes. Alot of respect. The fact you say they've made you a better person means they were mistakes worth making.
    Exactly! A stranger smiling at me can make me a little happier or just a basic compliment can make my day. I'm not asking for the whole world to stop still and help me out. Noooooo way, it's my battle and I understand that the bulk of my battle is down to me, but people creating memories with me and just being there can give me the energy I need...sometimes. Hahaaa well thank you! I wouldn't know what to actually mod haha, but I feel a little young and i'm more than willing for someone else to do the job. Maybe at some point in the future It's good to know I have some people wnating me to be one though

Funnily enough, sooooo many people say I have a wise head on young shoulders and I take that as one of my greatest compliments that i've received. I put in the time and effort for replies and talking to people cause of the realisation that someone beign ncie can lead to a great surge in positivity for the individual. Plus at times I feel like like I don't get a great deal of attention (in real life...I like the attention I have on here i.e. Not to much and not too little) and I know how hard it is when someone needs someone there. If I can inspire someone with the experience of mental health issues i'm suffering from to avoid or ge tout of there problems, i'd make me feel that this whole experience was worth it. granted i'd love to get out of it myself, but my life inspired other people to get happier...something that may not have had happened if I didn't go through it
    Thank you! I feel better for them as I feel a little more compassionate and understanding than before

ReputationRep:
    Received Shall email ya now.
    roger that, i be waiting with emails open

ReputationRep:
    If I don't fall asleep in this bath it'll be a miracle.
    I'm also feeling reeeally dehydrated meh

ReputationRep:
    You should be studying Psychology if you find the brain interesting not computing Glad to hear that the course is going well ^^ How intensive is it? It's good you're keeping your head in some form of academia too before you go to uni Definitely won't be a shock to the system that it might've been if you'd had a break from education completely.

So you have a Scottish accent?: holmes: Scotland looks an incredibly pretty place to live I have to say. 30-40 miles is quite a distance to compute for university so I don't blame you for moving next year.

Another brain/mind person indeed ^^ Absolutely adore Psychology. I'm like constantly analysing how people react to other people, their body language, how they respond to others and how behaviours are being constantly reinforced; along with being interested in Psychopathology and attachment and sleep. Just yeah There's not really a part of Psychology I'm not interested in... :getmecoat:

You might have absolutely no chance of keeping up next year once you're at uni if that's the case :lol: Mmmm not particularly given I've forced myself to be constantly around people for the past two days which is alot for me.
    I'm more interested in minds But I'm doing AI for computing, which is somewhat related to that stuff

Not very intensive at all, though it depends on how much prior experience you have. Most of the stuff covered up 'till now I've already been familiar with so it's been easy so far

I guess it's true about the shock thing. Don't think I've ever experienced it myself though.

Nope, no scottish accent for me

I don't know, people keep telling me it's a great place to live but I don't really see what's so special. Maybe because I see it all the time.

I find that interesting too, stuff like the different ways peoples reasoning is biased I don't do it all the time though

Maybe, depends how busy I am in the evenings as that's when this thread moves fastest.

Two days, I hope you had a few breaks in tht time :lol:

ReputationRep:
    roger that, i be waiting with emails open
    Haha & sent (over) lol.

(Original post by lauraaaaa)
    If I don't fall asleep in this bath it'll be a miracle.
    I'm also feeling reeeally dehydrated meh
    Awww babe, want me to read you a bed time story??? Or play some heavy metal so you stay awake???
    Get some water in your system

:five:

Yeah, i can't imagine how hard it must be. I'd love to help out, i wonder if there is something like that near me.

Usually i won't give them money but i sometimes just sit and talk to them for a bit. I'd hate to think they were lonely if nothing else. Our council and local police have instructed people here not to give them money under any circumstances.

I never give money tbh, I always take them to the shop so usually like M&S or some coffee shop so they can get a sandwich and something for they're dinner if its the middle of the day or even something for their breakfast if its late at night. Near this Cathedral I go to all the time (have done since i was a kid its beaut) there's a Mcy D's so I buy those folks some of that and then nip to Sainsbury's for them. Man the convo's you have with them I swear some of them should become stand ups! They're fun
    Did you know Jim Carey, Daniel Craig & Halle Berry were at some point in their lives homeless??? Fascinating I know. XD

ReputationRep:
    You should be studying Psychology if you find the brain interesting not computing Glad to hear that the course is going well ^^ How intensive is it? It's good you're keeping your head in some form of academia too before you go to uni Definitely won't be a shock to the system that it might've been if you'd had a break from education completely.

So you have a Scottish accent?: holmes: Scotland looks an incredibly pretty place to live I have to say. 30-40 miles is quite a distance to compute for university so I don't blame you for moving next year.

Another brain/mind person indeed ^^ Absolutely adore Psychology. I'm like constantly analysing how people react to other people, their body language, how they respond to others and how behaviours are being constantly reinforced; along with being interested in Psychopathology and attachment and sleep. Just yeah There's not really a part of Psychology I'm not interested in... :getmecoat:

You might have absolutely no chance of keeping up next year once you're at uni if that's the case :lol: Mmmm not particularly given I've forced myself to be constantly around people for the past two days which is alot for me.

I concur completely with the stuff in bold. Absolutely concur. Sometimes all they have to do is be online on Skype and not even say anything. It's the little things that people don't realise they're doing or saying that can mean the most and it's the little things that people don't do that can hurt the most. Well if you've got the 'ban button' I wouldn't blame you for being a little trigger happy with it :ninja: You'd be a popular choice. That's all I'm getting at ^^

You seem to have a pretty decent head on your shoulders and you make people feel welcomed and you take the time to be there for people and put time and effort and thought into your replies. That's at least some of the way there :') I think incipient and all the other females in this thread would agree with me on what I'm saying Have alot of respect for your view on mistakes. Alot of respect. The fact you say they've made you a better person means they were mistakes worth making.

Also, that was me
    I agree totally with the first bit in bold :sadnod:

I haven't read all of you conversation, so I'm not really sure exactly what I would be agreeing to with the second bit in bold

ReputationRep:
    It's the thought that counts ^^ It's one of the perks of being a sub...That you like actually never run of rep to give out :')
    I have frequently done that

ReputationRep:

I never give money tbh, I always take them to the shop so usually like M&S or some coffee shop so they can get a sandwich and something for they're dinner if its the middle of the day or even something for their breakfast if its late at night. Near this Cathedral I go to all the time (have done since i was a kid its beaut) there's a Mcy D's so I buy those folks some of that and then nip to Sainsbury's for them. Man the convo's you have with them I swear some of them should become stand ups! They're fun
    Did you know Jim Carey, Daniel Craig & Halle Berry were at some point in their lives homeless??? Fascinating I know. XD
    Really? Wow i'd never have guessed that. You're right though, sometimes they have the best conversations because they have nothing to hide and have experienced a very different life to the rest of us

There's a man sits outside WH Smiths every morning, he never asks for money or anything, he just asks for a conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Haha & sent (over) lol.
    receiveing you 5 by 5 replied over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieTT)
    I wondered why my singing teacher was being overtly friendly today. Get home, decide to do some casual Facebook stalking, wind up on her profile. She's single now... Damn.
    Seems like someone is getting in there

(Original post by Pallas Athena)
    I can imagine how privileged I would feel if I received The Book, I would even feel a little egoistic.

Haha, I love when I speak to someone who loves food, not everyone can understand what it is like to love food.

Oh yes, I feel so darn good the last time I cooked something and my family loved it. I somehow makes you feel like experimenting, trying out now things. Self-taught, eh? That is even more impressive. I have thought about improving my cooking skills for some time now, I think I will finally give it a try.

Great- what kind of music do you like? What instruments do you play?
    Haha, not sure the ego has kicked in quite yet haha but I do feel rather privileged esp. since our family is so huge and she could've given the book to anyone!

Haha I totally get what you mean :grin: They just don't get it! I hae a genuine passion for food and i just immerse myself in the marriage of flavours and innovation, creating new things/ dishes, being able to present in a new world etc. I just love it haha.

Haha its nice to cook something isn't it??? Esp. from scratch and when you know people like it! I always experiment Haha lol I guess so, thanks!
    Yeah do, you'll enjoy it and your future husband will love you for it

I love literally every single genre :bigsmile: y'know I just like good music.
    I play many many instruments, but my strongest 3 are the voice, piano & trombone. Also play violin, double bass, saxophone (mainly soprano sax) a bit of the viola, guitar, the drums, a bit of the cello, some bassoon, some oboe and other instruments.
    Wbu???

I replied on your previous username so don't think you got it

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.