Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    A decent 3-0 win takes us up to second

Watford in first look worryingly good though. The game between us both next month is looking like a a mouth-watering prospect right now!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lennon sent to the stands in his first game as boss. Welcome back to English football!

ReputationRep:
    One of the more interesting refereeing decisions of the weekend:

https://vine.co/v/ObAiTBiWzL2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    A decent 3-0 win takes us up to second

Watford in first look worryingly good though. The game between us both next month is looking like a a mouth-watering prospect right now!
    I think we'll be hard to stop this year. The depth in our squad at the moment is ridiculously good, and if Jovanokic sticks with this 4-3-2-1 he tried on Saturday, a front three of Deeney ,Vydra and Forestieri with Anya and Dyer as impact wingers should mean we won't be short of goals, hopefully the defence keeps up its improvement from last year. Forest on Tuesday will probably be our first big test.

ReputationRep:
    Lee Clark's gone. Chris Hughton for a "sensational" St. Andrew's return?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Lee Clark's gone. Chris Hughton for a "sensational" St. Andrew's return?
    Be very surprised if it wasn't one of Coyle, McDermott, Rowett and Hughton.

ReputationRep:
    Glad that Clark's gone but who will we have now?

He was a nice/passionate fella (apart from the boot throwing) and I concede that he did well under the circumstances but at times he was simply inept.

Chris Hughton has been at St Andrews this evening, as has Tony Pulis so it will be interesting to see what happens. Personally, from a number of sources and from Clark's last interview (with Tom Ross) i think his fate had already been decided before the game against bolton and that they have already chosen a replacement.

I was shocked that he had been sacked, not because I was shocked at his departure but because of the timing and the fact they did it at all, nice to know that the new greek guy (Pavos) is listening to the fans. I swore very loudly in my lecture when I was messaged and a lot didn't get what the big deal was about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooby)
    Glad that Clark's gone but who will we have now?

He was a nice/passionate fella (apart from the boot throwing) and I concede that he did well under the circumstances but at times he was simply inept.

Chris Hughton has been at St Andrews this evening, as has Tony Pulis so it will be interesting to see what happens. Personally, from a number of sources and from Clark's last interview (with Tom Ross) i think his fate had already been decided before the game against bolton and that they have already chosen a replacement.

I was shocked that he had been sacked, not because I was shocked at his departure but because of the timing and the fact they did it at all, nice to know that the new greek guy (Pavos) is listening to the fans. I swore very loudly in my lecture when I was messaged and a lot didn't get what the big deal was about.
    I'd be very surprised if you got Pulis. I don't know how your financial situation is, but I imagine Pulis will hold out for a Premier League job after his work with Palace last year. Two big candidates at the moment are supposedly Gary Rowett and Mike Phelan. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    We'll be lucky to get anything out of Norwich tonight. I'm prepared to give Milanic to the end of the season, but if we're not in the top half t the very least then I see no reason to keep him on.

Went to Wigan away on Saturday. That makes four away games in a row I've not seen Brentford score. I'm seriously considering not going to Bolton this weekend for the sake of the club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Went to Wigan away on Saturday. That makes four away games in a row I've not seen Brentford score. I'm seriously considering not going to Bolton this weekend for the sake of the club.
    Hope you went to Wigan Pier whilst you were there.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    I'd be very surprised if you got Pulis. I don't know how your financial situation is, but I imagine Pulis will hold out for a Premier League job after his work with Palace last year. Two big candidates at the moment are supposedly Gary Rowett and Mike Phelan. Thoughts?
    Interesting to see Phelan linked with the role, he claimed that he did most of Fergie's work in his last few years at Old Trafford so I want to see how he does as a manager. Not sure if Birmingham would be something he'd be interested in though, given their financial woes.

Rowett played for Birmingham and surely wouldn't cost much to release from Burton. I think it'll be him.

ReputationRep:
    Rowett or Hughton for me, trevor Francis has also said he'd like a return as he has unfinished business...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Soccer Special is amazing with instant replays of all the Football League goals, why can't they do this for Soccer Saturday?

ReputationRep:
    I would've had your hand off for a point at Carrow Road before hand. Even more so after going 1-0 down.

ReputationRep:
    6 defeats from 7 now and Pressley still refuses to criticise this bunch of half arsed **** excuses for professional footballers. What did I do in a previous existence to support this sorry excuse for a football club?

ReputationRep:
    2-2 against Forest is nothing to be sniffed at, they are one of the top sides in this division as well. However, as Forest should've had a man sent off just before half-time, it should've been more.

ReputationRep:
    We are top of the league!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Interesting to see Phelan linked with the role, he claimed that he did most of Fergie's work in his last few years at Old Trafford so I want to see how he does as a manager. Not sure if Birmingham would be something he'd be interested in though, given their financial woes.

Rowett played for Birmingham and surely wouldn't cost much to release from Burton. I think it'll be him.
    Rowett's on a rolling contract at Burton so I'm not even sure if there would be a release clause. Burton literally can't stop him talking to Birmingham, unlike MK Dons with Robinson.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't put it past Bellusci to do something like this. He is very...fiery

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.