The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chughes17
I just emailed, hopefully they'll reschedule me, or just send the offer straight through (unlikely). Feb is a long time to wait with only the promise of an offer and not solid confirmation though! Maybe they'll even withdraw their intent of an offer because of the Oxford interview clash, who knows.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They won't withdraw :P. You're basically guaranteed an offer as long as you turn up. You don't even have to stay for the event, you could just go there, sign your name on the register and leave.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
They won't withdraw :P. You're basically guaranteed an offer as long as you turn up. You don't even have to stay for the event, you could just go there, sign your name on the register and leave.

Yeah but what I'm saying is that I may not be able to turn up! Oxford interviews are the exact same time as the open day, and so if I am invited to Oxford, I can't go to the UCL open day. That's why I think they may withdraw!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah but what I'm saying is that I may not be able to turn up! Oxford interviews are the exact same time as the open day, and so if I am invited to Oxford, I can't go to the UCL open day. That's why I think they may withdraw!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like I said, just ask to change the day of the invite. Although you'd most likely have to wait till Feb.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Since it clashes you can always email the UCL department so they arrange yours for a different day, they host several of these throughout the year. Although the next one is in February, so not sure if you'd want to wait that long?

I've just emailed them and asked for a different date, ah I guess I'll have to wait till February!:erm: I don't really want to miss the trip since it's an economics conference which might be useful for my camb interview on the 12th and I'm pretty sure the trip is compulsory:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17
Should normally take that long if you're reading it properly! Hah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha very true, sometimes when I read it and I'm a bit short of time I just miss out so many articles
It's when there are special reports that gets me they take so long to fully digest ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1725
Just got a UCL open day invite for the same day as prospective Oxford interview, what is the done thing here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats on the offer man, what date did you send off your application?
Yeh same for me guys, just got a UCL open day offer which is on the same day as my potential Oxford interview.
You would have though they would have checked seeing as many of their applicants would apply to Oxford as well! I guess I'm going to have to rearrange mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
offer to open day for economics! however potential oxford interview on the same day, should I just ask to rearrange?
Original post by fha96
Congrats on the offer man, what date did you send off your application?

Cheers, 7th October!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applying next week :smile:
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Haha very true, sometimes when I read it and I'm a bit short of time I just miss out so many articles
It's when there are special reports that gets me they take so long to fully digest ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always try and read as much as possible. Even if I'm not too interested I still want my £5's worth!

How are you finding the Economist espresso app?
Original post by EHZ17
I always try and read as much as possible. Even if I'm not too interested I still want my £5's worth!

How are you finding the Economist espresso app?

Very true, I've only recently started paying £5 I had the 12 week subscription for £1 previously so I didn't quite feel the need. I have to say the USA section drives me insane it mostly seems to be politics so I just skip it unless there's anything mega interesting

I haven't actually downloaded it, don't you only get a few free articles each day and have to pay or something, or is it worth downloading?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Very true, I've only recently started paying £5 I had the 12 week subscription for £1 previously so I didn't quite feel the need. I have to say the USA section drives me insane it mostly seems to be politics so I just skip it unless there's anything mega interesting

I haven't actually downloaded it, don't you only get a few free articles each day and have to pay or something, or is it worth downloading?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh man I cannot say how passionately I agree with you on the USA thing, hardly a bit of economics there.

I've had a sub for a while now and I only remember a hand full of good USA section articles.

With the app, it is free to all economist subscribers and it isn't full articles it is a comment on the expected news that will occur during the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1733
Hey guys! UCL is having an open day for some economics (L100) applicants tomorrow! Is anyone here going?
Original post by gbg001
Hey guys! UCL is having an open day for some economics (L100) applicants tomorrow! Is anyone here going?

Yep :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gbg001

Cba for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1736
Original post by gbg001

Im coming :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gbg001

Does anyone know what we are doing at the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1738
Original post by EHZ17
Does anyone know what we are doing at the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

in the email it says there is a presentation and then we get a tour around UCL and an opportunity to discuss the course with UCL students and staff.
Original post by gbg001
in the email it says there is a presentation and then we get a tour around UCL and an opportunity to discuss the course with UCL students and staff.

Ah okay cool. Am I right in saying that it basically is an offer? Like I can relax a bit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending