Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who's having a bad day take a few minutes to look through this page http://www.buzzfeed.com/animals full of cute animals guaranteed to give a smile!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SweetNothing)
    For anyone who's having a bad day take a few minutes to look through this page http://www.buzzfeed.com/animals full of cute animals guaranteed to give a smile!
    Mega cuteness. I want to work with cute furry creatures. That would give me total job satisfaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm sick of being alone. I'm home alone this weekend (I'm 19 btw so it's not like OMG CALL THE POLICE!)

last weekend I went to Leeds fest and everyone I was supposed to be camping with left me and I had to camp by myself and my anxiety was so bad I threw up during Macklemore and I left the festival early because I had a panic attack =/

I just want somebody who I can have as a friend and talk to. Oh, who can also be bothered making the effort to spend £15 on a train ticket to come and see me because apparently I should always be the one making the effort to see people.

No, I've literally gone halfway round the country for some of you guys. Can you not do the same for me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)
    I'm sick of being alone. I'm home alone this weekend (I'm 19 btw so it's not like OMG CALL THE POLICE!)

last weekend I went to Leeds fest and everyone I was supposed to be camping with left me and I had to camp by myself and my anxiety was so bad I threw up during Macklemore and I left the festival early because I had a panic attack =/

I just want somebody who I can have as a friend and talk to. Oh, who can also be bothered making the effort to spend £15 on a train ticket to come and see me because apparently I should always be the one making the effort to see people.

No, I've literally gone halfway round the country for some of you guys. Can you not do the same for me?
    :hugs:
    I know the feeling. There are some people who I thought were good friends who seem to take every chance they can get to bugger off .

ReputationRep:
    That's one thing I don't struggle with is getting up and out of bed, although I don't have motivation to do stuff most days, I still get up and I don't just lounge on the sofa in sluggish behaviour. Even though my depression can be severe and incapacitating sometimes I get on with some things like send emails, make phone calls and keep my mind and body active

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i know :emo: but i can't stop! i've tried and I've tried and i can't stop thinking like that. just like i can't stop thinking about the future when I'm writing exams, even though it makes me panic to no end, i can't stop. because when i look back its always been my identifier, if that makes sense? like, my dad ran into my old year 6 teacher a while ago and she remembered me from my neat handwriting and the fact that i sat on the 'top' table...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Wolfie has a very good point, grades and qualifications mean little nowadays, since everyone and their dog has them. Sure they help, but they're not the be all end all, like society would like you to believe. You don't suddenly become happy if you get a well paid job, a mortgage and a partner, which quite a few people seem to believe. Things are changing :ninja:

If you are a genuinely nice person to be around and put yourself out there for things, people will want you to work for them. There's nothing worse than a work colleague who is good at what they do but is a total ********. They will much prefer to take someone who is a lot nicer but may not be quite as good at the job.

In regards to losing weight (which i believe you mentioned earlier), there are many ways you can make it a lot easier, it doesn't have to be daunting and scary. A good diet and eating at regular times can do a lot for you, and exercise can be as simple as walking around a local park, given you do it kinda regularly

I hope im talking sense, feels like my brain is still in bed

(Original post by Odd socks)
    Just realised that exactly a week ago I was so worried about telling my parents stuff that I had scratched all the skin off my hands and now my skin is the best it's been in ages, it's definitely stress related

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Stress is a big deal, don't listen to all this "stiff upper lip" "man up" "just get on with it" *******s. Stress isn't easy to deal with, especially when work places expect you to do more than a machine but give you nothing in return, for example. Life in general is stressful, it can take a lot of practice until we learn to handle it right, but you can definately do it :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosasaurr)

Im 18 and I lost nearly all my friends because of my stupid self. Depression doesn't make you a social person now irl be in college with people i dont know who are younger than me while my 4 friends left to go to uni

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain if this is anxiety or not? the constant feeling in your throat of something being stuck so I have to keep eating cuz i thought it meant I was hungry as my insides feels all clenched in my stomach

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GEEKHELP)
    can someone explain if this is anxiety or not? the constant feeling in your throat of something being stuck so I have to keep eating cuz i thought it meant I was hungry as my insides feels all clenched in my stomach
    I guess anxiety manifests itself in lots of different ways and the throat thing is something I can relate to.

--------------------
    Aaah! I just realised that it makes me anxious that someone has sent me a fb message that I don't want to acknowledge so I can't even go facebook otherwise they'll know I've been online. :cool: oh dear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    I guess anxiety manifests itself in lots of different ways and the throat thing is something I can relate to.

--------------------
    Aaah! I just realised that it makes me anxious that someone has sent me a fb message that I don't want to acknowledge so I can't even go facebook otherwise they'll know I've been online. :cool: oh dear!
    yeah when i told my doctor about it she said the throat thing may be anxiety but they said nothing about the fact that my insides were turning in my stomach though...I always feel like im gonna throw up and it makes me feel sick.
    about the fb message i feel you...i still go on it but i don't open the message so they dont know i looked lol

ReputationRep:
    :lol: Yeah, cos insulting our society always goes down so well with the mods... :teehee:

Anyways, more important matters:

(Original post by rmhumphries)
    :woo:
    Roooooob I put the washing machine on with the dryer on auto and it WON'T STOP DRYING. I think it's been over an hour now... Help? :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :lol: Yeah, cos insulting our society always goes down so well with the mods... :teehee:

Anyways, more important matters:

Roooooob I put the washing machine on with the dryer on auto and it WON'T STOP DRYING. I think it's been over an hour now... Help? :puppyeyes:
    The drying cycle can take upto 3 hours on auto. Either leave it, or press and hold the reset button until it stops.

ReputationRep:
    The drying cycle can take upto 3 hours on auto. Either leave it, or press and hold the reset button until it stops.
    Thank you lovely - I pressed reset, and it's stopped now, but I still can't open the door. :confused:

THIS IS WHY I NEVER DO THE LAUNDRY.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you lovely - I pressed reset, and it's stopped now, but I still can't open the door. :confused:

THIS IS WHY I NEVER DO THE LAUNDRY.
    Wait ~2 minutes, it has to drain the water in the system before you can open the door. What laundry you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Wait ~2 minutes, it has to drain the water in the system before you can open the door. What laundry you doing?
    Oh ok. I'm prewashing fabric for CHRISTMAS CRAFTING PROJECTS. :awesome:

I'll try and tidy before you're back. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Pouncy pounce.

Well played.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Pouncy pounce.

Well played.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do like a good bit of pouncing

I mean, :angel:

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I do like a good bit of pouncing

I mean, :angel:

:ninja:
    *play fights with TLG*

:catfight:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubble999)
    The never ending fight, hmm :sigh: Well you know I'm a PM away :console:

Spoiler:
    Show
    N'aww thank you so much :jumphug: Thanks for being so lovely and kind and aww *goes into highpitched noises only audible by cats*
    Yeah, that fight Thanks Bubz

Spoiler:
    Show
    No worries sweet! :hugs: So I can't hear it then? :teehee: Thank you for being there :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    *play fights with TLG*

:catfight:
    :sexface:

Btw, love your very early Christmas enthusiasm. Tiz still August, my dear

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 24, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.