Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahmcallister)
    Yes I think so. I applied to St. Cuthbert's, what about you?
    I haven't got a decision yet but Classics at St Chads'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    I haven't got a decision yet but Classics at St Chads'
    I was really tempted to take Classics but I couldn't give up English literature. I hope you hear soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wryter_reeda)
    Just been made an offer for Ancient History with AAA - applied for AMMH so not too sure what happened there but am thrilled nonetheless

I am just awaiting confirmation that no mistake has been made. I emailed the admissions office to check as a) I have never heard of this happening before, b) as I don't study ancient history currently I'm a tad surprised that they have decided to make me an offer for just that and c) UCAS has been down recently and I'm paranoid that might have made something go wrong! Has this happened to anybody else/ has anyone heard of this happening? I'm really happy but at the same time mildly confused - I certainly was not expecting that!!!
    I know someone who got offered physics and geography at Durham because all the places for physics alone were taken up, even though they didn't do A level geography. If they like your application but can't find a space for you they'll give you an offer for a similar subject. So they must have run out of places on AMMH but wanted to have you as a Durham student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wryter_reeda)
    Just been made an offer for Ancient History with AAA - applied for AMMH so not too sure what happened there but am thrilled nonetheless

I am just awaiting confirmation that no mistake has been made. I emailed the admissions office to check as a) I have never heard of this happening before, b) as I don't study ancient history currently I'm a tad surprised that they have decided to make me an offer for just that and c) UCAS has been down recently and I'm paranoid that might have made something go wrong! Has this happened to anybody else/ has anyone heard of this happening? I'm really happy but at the same time mildly confused - I certainly was not expecting that!!!
    I had this happen to me today, I was surprised as well and I've also emailed them. I'm assuming it's because of the limited number of places on the other course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie Sharratt)
    Yeah! Is it yours ?
    I really want it to be!! It's the one I'm most excited about but I'm still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and St Andrews. Being EU I don't pay tuition fees in Scotland so I really have to think about it. But yeah I really want to firm Durham😍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pauli14)
    I really want it to be!! It's the one I'm most excited about but I'm still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and St Andrews. Being EU I don't pay tuition fees in Scotland so I really have to think about it. But yeah I really want to firm Durham😍
    I'm waiting on St Andrews as well and have the same dilemma with the fees..... I think if I didn't take that into account, I would choose Durham... but it is such a massive point to consider. I'm going to go visit both unis hopefully in March and then decide! Are you leaning more towards one rather than the other?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kezkel)
    Its now been a month since I applied. The wait is killing me.
    I applied in October and got my offer in February!! Stick in there

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected by Durham for economics but being considered for bsc finance at queens campus! Anyone else applied for this course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mld120)
    I'm waiting on St Andrews as well and have the same dilemma with the fees..... I think if I didn't take that into account, I would choose Durham... but it is such a massive point to consider. I'm going to go visit both unis hopefully in March and then decide! Are you leaning more towards one rather than the other?
    Same as you! Without taking the fees into account, definately Durham. If I get an offer from St Andrews or Edinburgh, I'll have to think about it. I might visit in March as well, but leaning more towards Durham at the moment☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahmcallister)
    I was really tempted to take Classics but I couldn't give up English literature. I hope you hear soon
    whereas I couldn't give up the art/history and philosophy so Classics was the best course to keep everything in :''")

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    whereas I couldn't give up the art/history and philosophy so Classics was the best course to keep everything in :''"
    the art part of classics is amazing. If I can always try to get some part of it my art projects

ReputationRep:
    Starting to think Durham and Edinburgh hate foreign language applicants... :,)

ReputationRep:
    Be hopeful. Me and a close friend of mine are "foreign language applicants" and got offers from Durham. Be patient and hopeful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leehoma)
    Be hopeful. Me and a close friend of mine are "foreign language applicants" and got offers from Durham. Be patient and hopeful.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Doing my best, but besides yourself, I've yet to see another person with a foreign language studies offer! I'm going for Chinese - mind if I ask what you were offered?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry that I misread your post (I read your post on a small iPhone 4 screen). I applied for law instead of a foreign language. But, remains hopeful. Not getting rejected up to now is a good sign. I send you my sincere blessing here from Hong Kong.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sorry that I misread your post (I read your post on a small iPhone 4 screen). I applied for law instead of a foreign language. But, remains hopeful. Not getting rejected up to now is a good sign. I send you my sincere blessing here from Hong Kong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I wondered if you yourself may have been Chinese, or at least oriental (Leehom is a name I recognise!) and your luck and wishes are greatly appreciated! Nin nian kuai le Finger's crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I gives you can tell that leehoma literally means "how are you".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I guess not gives. Hates auto correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I gives you can tell that leehoma literally means "how are you".

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't like to presume! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crozzer24)
    Got rejected by Durham for economics but being considered for bsc finance at queens campus! Anyone else applied for this course?
    Unlucky. If you don't mind saying when did you apply and what were you predicted?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.