Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lovren ready to step up in the wake of Sakho's absence, he says. That's good to hear, but I'll wait and see how he performs ON the pitch.

I'm glad the International nonsense is over now, this thread has been dead along with many others. It's good to see Sturridge back training, but as I've aforementioned, he needs to get a lengthy run of games to prove doubters wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Lovren ready to step up in the wake of Sakho's absence, he says. That's good to hear, but I'll wait and see how he performs ON the pitch.

I'm glad the International nonsense is over now, this thread has been dead along with many others. It's good to see Sturridge back training, but as I've aforementioned, he needs to get a lengthy run of games to prove doubters wrong.
    I agree completely.

Very happy to see that he seems confident because that's a very good sign for a player like him.

Massive downgrade from Sakho to Lovren but let's see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from Gambia and found it a bit amusing, a charity set up a primary school there and the head is a Liverpool fan,

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...-money-6338441

Really nice lady, got a load of photos, all the rooms have current and past players above the doors.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Lots of rumours that our old chum Brendan Rodgers is off to QPR.

I know he was a bit of a joke figure but he can do much better than a midtable Championship club.

ReputationRep:
    Should wait for a better club than QPR - they're a mess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Should wait for a better club than QPR - they're a mess.
    Agree.

A lot of people (especially me) were highly critical of him at Liverpool but that certainly doesn't mean he's a bad manager.
    Rodgers was poor at Liverpool but let's not sell him short. He was exceptional at Swansea and he would do very well at a midtable PL club.

He just isn't a top club manager - it wasn't solely his fault but you can tell he was struggling with having a big budget and the pressure of expectation.

Personally I wish him all the best of luck and it would be nice to see him back in the PL. Same with Moyes for that matter.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Moyes should go to Celtic, it would be his greatest achievement making that league competitive again
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Rodgers at QPR is not what either party need. You'd imagine that QPR could attract him financially, but he'll be much better suited with a mid-table PL side and trying to get them into the top six. I can actually see him taking over from Pardew at Palace, if he gets the England job post-Hodgson.

ReputationRep:
    Rodgers and Palace are the worst match since Moyes and United

ReputationRep:
    Pardrew is a better manager than Rodgers. Why would they replace Pardrew anyway?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Pardrew is a better manager than Rodgers. Why would they replace Pardrew anyway?
    He'll obviously get the England job post-Hodgson, because the ****ing press in this country champion the FA appointing English managers despite them being so short of quality.

I can just imagine Martin Samuel's opinion piece on how Pardew can lead England to glory in Qatar ffs.

ReputationRep:
    He'll obviously get the England job post-Hodgson, because the ****ing press in this country champion the FA appointing English managers despite them being so short of quality.

I can just imagine Martin Samuel's opinion piece on how Pardew can lead England to glory in Qatar ffs.
    Will be a foreign manager once we fail at the Euros. Everyone will start talking about Roy's outdated methods and how we need a new winning manager. We go through this cycle every time. Once the foreign coach is sacked, we'll go back to English.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Mourinho for England after Chelsea sack him for coming 6th

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Mourinho for England after Chelsea sack him for coming 6th

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Then Rodgers moves to Chelsea and wins back to back titles...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Good news: Sturridge says he's fit.

Bad news: Aguero is, too.

ReputationRep:
    Good news: Sturridge says he's fit.

Bad news: Aguero is, too.
    At least that's my FPL transfer sorted for the next GW then

ReputationRep:
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...endan-10303682

Markovic the latest to complain about Rodgers.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...endan-10303682

Markovic the latest to complain about Rodgers.
    Feel for him.

ReputationRep:
    City - best team in the league?

Klopp: “I don’t care about if they’re the best team in the league. All I care about is if Liverpool are the best team in the league.”

ReputationRep:
    City - best team in the league?

Klopp: “I don’t care about if they’re the best team in the league. All I care about is if Liverpool are the best team in the league.”
    Love this guy

Gonna watch the full presser later - always love to see them before big games.
    If you have a link to one later on, PM me

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.