Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellejennifer)
    It will depend on other things too such as predicted grades, personal statement and of course the LNAT. If you want to go to uni such as Nottingham it's probably worth applying but do apply to other unis with lower entry requirements as back up. If you're predicted grades are that if the entry requirements I'd say it's worth a shot.
    I have applied there with AABB at as and A*AB predictions and have been told by advisors/teachers etc that I am unlikely to get an offer. Still waiting to here from them.
    Good luck with everything
    Thank you this was very helpful. Good to know they are looking af a very wide scope of things. I recently got an offer from Bristol however, would you say Nottingham are harsher than they are? Or are they around the same level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bijoux1801)
    Thank you this was very helpful. Good to know they are looking af a very wide scope of things. I recently got an offer from Bristol however, would you say Nottingham are harsher than they are? Or are they around the same level?
    In all honesty I'm not too sure.
    I believe that nitrous ham ranks higher in university tables for law but bridtol is ranked higher overall. I believe they are pretty much equally good unis for law.
    The main reason Bristol are more likely to be less harsh than nottingjam is because their entry requirements are lower. Bristol want AAA/A*AB whereas Nottingham require A*AA.
    Nottingham recently emailed me with info on who will or won't get offers and it seemed pretty harsh, but bristolName:  image.jpeg
Views: 303
Size:  123.6 KB may be the same
    I have attached a section of the email they sent me.

However it's important not to use this info as a decider whether or not you apply-may still be worth a try

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty I'm not too sure.
    I believe that nitrous ham ranks higher in university tables for law but bridtol is ranked higher overall. I believe they are pretty much equally good unis for law.
    The main reason Bristol are more likely to be less harsh than nottingjam is because their entry requirements are lower. Bristol want AAA/A*AB whereas Nottingham require A*AA.
    Nottingham recently emailed me with info on who will or won't get offers and it seemed pretty harsh, but bristolName:  image.jpeg
Views: 303
Size:  123.6 KB may be the same
    I have attached a section of the email they sent me.

However it's important not to use this info as a decider whether or not you apply-may still be worth a try
    Wait. What is this two week email? I haven't seen that and I applied back in November

ReputationRep:
    Wait. What is this two week email? I haven't seen that and I applied back in November
    I applies mid December and received that email 5 days ago, although it is from the univwristy of Nottingham, at the end it says that these views may not always apply?? Very confusing
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    this is the fourth day that Bristol has given out both offers and rejections. just so you know.
    What does that signify?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah guys like does that mean my rejection from Bristol is to be expected if I haven't heard from them soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmicsparrow)
    Yeah guys like does that mean my rejection from Bristol is to be expected if I haven't heard from them soon?
    For me, It means that the longer it is without hearing, the further down we are in the pool. Assuming the main batch of offers have already been dished out, as offer places become available (probably as others with Bristol offers firm other choices) then we move up the waiting list.

This will continue all the way to Mar 31st, when if we didn't move up far enough and get an offer in time we will get rejected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJaneH)
    Just got my Oxford feedback back, apparently I have a higher than average LNAT score, but my essay was average,(compared with all applicants to Oxford). Does anyone know how important the essays are to KCL?
    How can i get my feedback from the oxford regarding my rejection ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston97)
    How can i get my feedback from the oxford regarding my rejection ?
    I emailed the admissions office at the college that I applied to, there'll probably be more information on the admissions page of your college regarding feedback, as I'm not sure whether all the colleges do individual feedback

ReputationRep:
    It will depend on other things too such as predicted grades, personal statement and of course the LNAT. If you want to go to uni such as Nottingham it's probably worth applying but do apply to other unis with lower entry requirements as back up. If you're predicted grades are that if the entry requirements I'd say it's worth a shot.
    I have applied there with AABB at as and A*AB predictions and have been told by advisors/teachers etc that I am unlikely to get an offer. Still waiting to here from them.
    Good luck with everything
    You never know, I got a AAA offer from Nottingham. I have A*A*A predictions too so definitely wasn't expecting an offer lower than the standard A*AA. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirblaw3)
    When did you apply and what were your GCSE + AS? well done I've got QMUL too!
    Congratulations!! Was just wondering what grades you got at AS and GCSE and what are you predicted? Still waiting to here from Bristol
    Thank you both! I applied 25th November with 1A* 8A 2B at GSCE and AABB at AS predicted A*AA good luck I'm sure you'll get it soon!

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what time kcl updates their portal?? I'm refreshing every hour these days

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Nottingham back in November yet haven't heard anything from them (none of that 2-week email stuff). Anyone in the same situation?

ReputationRep:
    SO I got an offer from MMU for Law with Foundation and an offer from Hull for LL.B. ... which would you pick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viana90)
    SO I got an offer from MMU for Law with Foundation and an offer from Hull for LL.B. ... which would you pick?
    Do you want to be a lawyer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, has anyone gotten offers from Essex Uni? What are the interviews like I'm worried?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhishek Dhawan)
    What were your predicted grades? Waiting on LSE and KCL
    I was predicted A*AA and I already have an A* in German (as I'm from there)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    this is the fourth day that Bristol has given out both offers and rejections. just so you know.
    What do you mean by fourth day? They've been giving out offers since the new year, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfradkin)
    I applied to Nottingham back in November yet haven't heard anything from them (none of that 2-week email stuff). Anyone in the same situation?
    Im in the same situation. I wonder why this is the case

ReputationRep:
    Im in the same situation. I wonder why this is the case
    My son found 2 emails from Nottingham in his junk mail back in November. He also wondered why he hadn't heard anything. Search your spam.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.