Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrybirdzzz)
    Q7, Q8b attached.
    i got almost the same as you for q 7, I made a sign error at the end which is why i got plus one twelth instead of minus ;( but you got it right so well done to you.
    For q 8 i was so baffled. I did something akin to yours but i have different limits. i got 15. something aswell but it wasn't point 6. to be honest i don't know any other way to go about the question, so i think we used valid methods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armpits)
    no chance
    We'll see...
    If FP3 last year was 59 anything is possible, don't really care about FP2 now, lucky M3 was 100 and M2 can make up as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD1997)
    i did. Done nothing but fp2 for a month, and all for nothing. I just sacrificed my other subjects and other modules for this piece of s*** paper!
    THere goes my uni offer
    Same thing for me. A lot of blood, sweat and tears went into fp2 and all for nothing. There is no chance I'm getting a decent grade for this. Paper made my so angry, I actually teared up in the exam hall.

ReputationRep:
    Have another exam in a minute, will be able to respond to any other questions in a while.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Student403)
    67 or 68 for A*

perhaps he did so **** he feels the need to pretend he did well on an online forum to impress people he doesn't know
    Fair nuffs. I had a couple huge things wrong. Think I maybe got some method marks and an accuracy mark for 8. So perhaps 4/7 and then for the 53/480 one i somehow ended up with 153/480 so not sure what happened there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    I did since, I made quite a lot of silly mistake. I wamted to do the FP2 paper first, but the invigilators gave me M1 first, so loat concentration afterwards

Just hoping I got a B at least.
    I sat the m1 paper beforehand as well! I don't even know if it would've made a difference if I did fp2 first or not! I'd be utterly surprised if I landed myself a B. I'm expecting lower after all of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Quote me if you have boundary predictions
    74 for 100 UMS
    67-68 for A*
    60 for A
    Reasonable boundaries

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was q4 part a?

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahahahaha I'm dropping A2 Further Maths now, it's been fun guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    Sketch \displaystyle \arg\left ( \frac{z-5}{z-2} \right ) = \frac{\pi}{4}.

Find \displaystyle \left | z_{\text{max}} \right |.
    I devoted the last week to these kind of questions I wished and predicted a circle question would come up but no they put a c4 integration question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Fair nuffs. I had a couple huge things wrong. Think I maybe got some method marks and an accuracy mark for 8. So perhaps 4/7 and then for the 53/480 one i somehow ended up with 153/480 so not sure what happened there.
    If there's ever a paper that isn't 75 for full UMS, in my opinion it should be this one. No worries man the boundaries should be nice (by FP2's harsh standards anyway)

ReputationRep:
    I have solutions to 5Qs. Might make a new thread. fyi if anyone wants to check it out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by target21859)
    How many marks was q4 part a?
    4 marks for solving the DE (part a)
    1 mark for testing the limit as x approaches infinity

(Original post by angrybirdzzz)
    Have another exam in a minute, will be able to respond to any other questions in a while.
    Oh, we'll miss you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmarPatel98)
    I have solutions to 5Qs. Might make a new thread. fyi if anyone wants to check it out
    Make a new thread, I'll join!

ReputationRep:
    for the last queston i used arcos3/4's value 0.72 whatever, will i get the question wrong? I put it to 2dp and used this figure in part b will i lose marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P____P)
    74 for 100 UMS
    67-68 for A*
    60 for A
    Reasonable boundaries
    I'm thinking 56 A, 65-66 A* and 73=74 for 100 UMS..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P____P)
    Make a new thread, I'll join!
    File is too big. What can i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)

Whoever made this needs a medal xD
    So f***ing accurate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmarPatel98)
    File is too big. What can i do?
    Take screen shots...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.