Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with revision? Join the TSR session every hour!! From 7am-2am. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I ended up starting at 10:30pm rather than 10:00pm but I spent 10 mins going over Chem unit 1 then completed the June 2013 past paper and got 69/70. - Lost a mark bc I condensed the bonds in the displayed formula question. I had some time left over so I did quite a few questions on Volume of revolutions, C4, from the textbook and now I am going to bed.

But before I do I just kinda want to breathe out some thoughts.

I genuinely think I sound/appear lyk I have no lyf. Well, I'm not trying to argue that I infact do have a life bc I don't and I don't care how secluded I become during these next few months tbh bc doing all this for the benefit of me.. well... I suppose I somewhat do care hence this post lol but anyway I'm just getting really scared. The annoying thing is, I feel like I'm getting nowhere with all this revision. There isn't a single unit out of the 16 that I'm feeling 190% confident with yet.. Like, I'll do really amazingly well one time then do absolutely drastically bad the next. I don't actually understand how it's possible to get an A* in one test then a U in another provided that both of them are testing exactly the same knowledge. That's how extreme it is and I'm just a bit, very, slightly worried lots.

It makes me laugh.

Rlly funny stuff.

On the verge of hilarious.

Another thing is I'm required to be totally finished with all my retake units before the holidays and I'm scared I won't get it done. Easter is, like, literally 2 days away and I only have so much energy after school to be able to do efficient revision for all of it and I don't even wake up early enough on the weekends anymore to fit lots in so I don't know if I'll have enough time to complete everything and if I don't complete it by that time then I'll have to do it during the holidays too and ofc, I don't want that to happen bc I need to be fully focusing on A2 stuff then but there's absolutely no chance I'm going to be able to complete over 100 past papers in 14/so days and I'm not even sure how many days we've got left tbh. Oh and I've just realised half of the days won't even be free for revision bc the EMPAs are, like, tomorrow and they're going to take up over a week since we need to be revising the topics that we'll be tested on which means less time for the other, perhaps more important stuff. I do understand the coursework is v important too though, which is why I need to place it as a priority atm. Ashjsdkdf.

Well goodbye allllllllllllll, I'll just update the timetable in the OP before I go. Okay, I majorly apologise + promise I shall remain positive as of tomorrow bc no one wants to hear all this irritating, repetitive + tiresome negativity for, like, the billionth time in a supposedly motivating thread so anywayyyyyyYYYyYYyyYyYyy I'll probably be in here at 6:00pm (at the latest) bc I unfortunately get back from sixth form quite late. My target will be to do a Bio paper and it will be completed without any excuses.- Goodnight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_98)
    I ended up starting at 10:30pm rather than 10:00pm but I spent 10 mins going over Chem unit 1 then completed the June 2013 past paper and got 69/70. - Lost a mark bc I condensed the bonds in the displayed formula question. I had some time left over so I did quite a few questions on Volume of revolutions, C4, from the textbook and now I am going to bed.

But before I do I just kinda want to breathe out some thoughts.

I genuinely think I sound/appear lyk I have no lyf. Well, I'm not trying to argue that I infact do have a life bc I don't and I don't care how secluded I become during these next few months tbh bc doing all this for the benefit of me.. well... I suppose I somewhat do care hence this post lol but anyway I'm just getting really scared. The annoying thing is, I feel like I'm getting nowhere with all this revision. There isn't a single unit out of the 16 that I'm feeling 190% confident with yet.. Like, I'll do really amazingly well one time then do absolutely drastically bad the next. I don't actually understand how it's possible to get an A* in one test then a U in another provided that both of them are testing exactly the same knowledge. That's how extreme it is and I'm just a bit, very, slightly worried lots.

It makes me laugh.

Rlly funny stuff.

On the verge of hilarious.

Another thing is I'm required to be totally finished with all my retake units before the holidays and I'm scared I won't get it done. Easter is, like, literally 2 days away and I only have so much energy after school to be able to do efficient revision for all of it and I don't even wake up early enough on the weekends anymore to fit lots in so I don't know if I'll have enough time to complete everything and if I don't complete it by that time then I'll have to do it during the holidays too and ofc, I don't want that to happen bc I need to be fully focusing on A2 stuff then but there's absolutely no chance I'm going to be able to complete over 100 past papers in 14/so days and I'm not even sure how many days we've got left tbh. Oh and I've just realised half of the days won't even be free for revision bc the EMPAs are, like, tomorrow and they're going to take up over a week since we need to be revising the topics that we'll be tested on which means less time for the other, perhaps more important stuff. I do understand the coursework is v important too though, which is why I need to place it as a priority atm. Ashjsdkdf.

Well goodbye allllllllllllll, I'll just update the timetable in the OP before I go. Okay, I majorly apologise + promise I shall remain positive as of tomorrow bc no one wants to hear all this irritating, repetitive + tiresome negativity for, like, the billionth time in a supposedly motivating thread so anywayyyyyyYYYyYYyyYyYyy I'll probably be in here at 6:00pm (at the latest) bc I unfortunately get back from sixth form quite late. My target will be to do a Bio paper and it will be completed without any excuses.- Goodnight!
    You're sOOoooOOooooOOOooo not alone in feeling like this, I'm too tired to read anymore but I totally understand!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I
    In Anon we Trust :yes:
    You'll be fine, your revision schedule is good and you're dedicated to it, don't trip about a few lower than average marks, it's cliché but with the rate you're going at am sure you'll be fine

However, even though this is contradictory and I don't mean to lecture you lol, you should calm it a bit for a week or something, still revise and all that but not starting and ending at extreme hours. Am guessing you have school at 9, so at max you'll have had 7 hours sleep if you get up at 8, which is unhealthy :no: Maybe alternate weeks where you stay up late and don't stay up late, otherwise it's awful feeling tired all the time and forcing your way through **** you'll just forget next day :console:

Anyway.....:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Aww I hope you're feeling a bit better now. I agree that sleep is super important- I struggle to sleep even when I desperately want to and it makes things seem so much worse than they really are.

Also if you're not doing enough revision then we're all doomed haha. From what I've seen here you're on track for great results ☺️

Anyways... I need to do a C3 and C4 paper for tomorrow so that's my evening sorted x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    X
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    X
    (Original post by khaleesi98)
    X

Thank you, lots. :cube::heart:

ReputationRep:
    :work: 6:00pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Start making my notes for Chemistry unit 5.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! How do you all manage to revise, whilst we're still getting so much homework?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I decided to clean my room first bc I needed a better working environment as everything was getting a bit too untidy then I had dinner. :'3 After that, I started a little bit of the Born-Haber section. I'm going to continue with it in the next block at 8:00pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benn777)
    Hey! How do you all manage to revise, whilst we're still getting so much homework?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Personally, for 'daily homework'(?) I try and do most of it at school during my free periods bc it means that it's all out of the way when I get home, whereas for weekly homework I usually dedicate Sunday evenings towards it/something.

ReputationRep:
    :work: 8:00pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Chem unit 5.

ReputationRep:
    It's just turned 8pm and for the next hour I'm going over early physics units (P1, P2, P3 etc) because I haven't looked at them for ageeeees. Then I'm going to tidy, shower and finish some English Lit classwork.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Binary Freak)
    Usually first thing in the morning, since I'm awake at 6 it gives me around 2 hours to do it!

Good luck!
    Wow 2 hours in the morning sounds like plenty of time! How long does it take you to get ready? And what time do you roughly hit the bed? Idk if i'd actually be able to manage this as I take an hour to get ready and then another hour to get to school which starts at 8.30. Waking up at 5AM is probably too extreme for me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carrot_Cake_13)
    Wow 2 hours in the morning sounds like plenty of time! How long does it take you to get ready? And what time do you roughly hit the bed? Idk if i'd actually be able to manage this as I take an hour to get ready and then another hour to get to school which starts at 8.30. Waking up at 5AM is probably too extreme for me..
    Around an hour to get ready and go about my daily business. Then catch the bus (7am), study on the bus (1hr 30min), then an additional half an hour at uni before lesson. Sleep on the journey home (A tad risky since I've missed my destination once)

Most days, I hit the bed around 3-4am. Don't even ask how I do it (Bit of a night dweller tbh)

ReputationRep:
    Around an hour to get ready and go about my daily business. Then catch the bus (7am), study on the bus (1hr 30min), then an additional half an hour at uni before lesson. Sleep on the journey home (A tad risky since I've missed my destination once)

Most days, I hit the bed around 3-4am. Don't even ask how I do it (Bit of a night dweller tbh)
    Ahh, you do the studying on the bus! I thought you did it at home. I guess I could do that too but the bus is usually packed. I'm assuming you just go through flashcards or something?

I could do something like this minus the sleeping on the bus but damn bed at 3-4AM :eek:

I guess the nap on the bus refreshes you :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, you do the studying on the bus! I thought you did it at home. I guess I could do that too but the bus is usually packed. I'm assuming you just go through flashcards or something?

I could do something like this minus the sleeping on the bus but damn bed at 3-4AM :eek:

I guess the nap on the bus refreshes you :lol:
    Nope, won't have enough time to complete it at home if I factor everything else I do in my day. I use flash cards a fair bit for my cert exams, since they're SC/MC, and lab questions. As for uni I never use flash cards, especially since all uni exams/tests this year have been written based. In which case I just research and hope for the best.

Yeah, it's caused more grief than anything else this semester!

Sometimes it can be, other times it's a bit too crowded for a nap.

ReputationRep:
    I've finished and written my notes on the Born-Haber stuff, practiced some cycles and now I'm just going to sort out all my folders then maybe make a start on Electrode potentials.

ReputationRep:
    :work: 10:00pm. :work:
    ~Logging out time!~

Continuing with Chemistry after other stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, won't have enough time to complete it at home if I factor everything else I do in my day. I use flash cards a fair bit for my cert exams, since they're SC/MC, and lab questions. As for uni I never use flash cards, especially since all uni exams/tests this year have been written based. In which case I just research and hope for the best.

Yeah, it's caused more grief than anything else this semester!

Sometimes it can be, other times it's a bit too crowded for a nap.
    I should probably make use of my bus time too. Although not on the way back as I'll probably be drained from college. Oh you're at Uni,. So did you do something similar to this at A-level?

I can imagine although bus must be pretty empty at 7am

ReputationRep:
    I should probably make use of my bus time too. Although not on the way back as I'll probably be drained from college. Oh you're at Uni,. So did you do something similar to this at A-level?

I can imagine although bus must be pretty empty at 7am
    Never done A-level since they didn't offer Computer Science (Walked out on interview when they told me what AS ICT involved). Went for BTEC in Systems Support & Networking + Microsoft Technology Associate (Network Fundamentals). As for GCSEs... Didn't really have a solid revision plan for it.

Haha, that's what I was hoping on first day to uni.. BUT.... It's a 50 mile journey (From Gwynedd to Wrexham) so it picks up a lot of people. But not as packed as it is in the afternoon!

ReputationRep:
    Never done A-level since they didn't offer Computer Science (Walked out on interview when they told me what AS ICT involved). Went for BTEC in Systems Support & Networking + Microsoft Technology Associate (Network Fundamentals). As for GCSEs... Didn't really have a solid revision plan for it.

Haha, that's what I was hoping on first day to uni.. BUT.... It's a 50 mile journey (From Gwynedd to Wrexham) so it picks up a lot of people. But not as packed as it is in the afternoon!
    I saw lab questions in your past post and assumed you did something science related but *pokes username* I see where that comes from now

That's a nice alternative way to get into the degree. I always assumed that physics/maths was needed for computer science.

50 miles by bus?! That's a pretty darn fast bus to get you there in an hour and a half :eek:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.