Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    I like this answer

Have you ever met a person suffering from Schizophrenia? If so, how was encounter? Thoughts?
    Yeah, he was a paranoid schizophrenic.

He was with his dad at the time, and we met because he had a traumatic brain injury too (so that's the types of brain injuries that I work with) along with schizophrenia. He kept thinking that the government had plotted against him, and were after him.. and because I was a new face he thought I was going to kidnap him - and that I had brainwashed his dad.

I had to continuously reassure him, and I had to avoid eye contact with him too when I spoke to both of them - so I looked at his dad most of the times and tried not to refer to the client by his name or "him" or "he". I always had to use something like.. "typically, in this case we would do this with a potential client..." etc.

At the end of the assessment I told his dad that he wouldn't benefit from input from us at this stage, and referred him back to his neuroteam at the hospital.

Felt more bad for his dad though, he's devoted all of his life to help his son and right at the end he asked me if this would ever go away, and if he'd get better etc - when he knew that he probably wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Lol at the mode being on a stats exam.

I learnt that **** in primary school. Let's talk binomial distribution.

What you saying Dirtybit
    Research methods man

**** you

😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Jay-Z has dropped the ball with his boxing promoting ffs
    He has a poor stable, bar Ward, but its unlikely he'll ever be a PPV attraction.

He did sign Kevin Durant and Jerome Boateng to Roc though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    He has a poor stable, bar Ward, but its unlikely he'll ever be a PPV attraction.

He did sign Kevin Durant and Jerome Boateng to Roc though.
    He has Cotto FFS, and didn't even help Oscar sell the fight against Canelo. Should have been his responsibility to get the African-American population on Cotto's side.

Too busy banging Rita Ora probably

ReputationRep:
    He has Cotto FFS, and didn't even help Oscar sell the fight. Should have been his responsibility to get the African-American population on Cotto's side.

Too busy banging Rita Ora probably
    how many years would you Cotto is removed from his prime?

He's 3-3 since 2011.

ReputationRep:
    how many years would you Cotto is removed from his prime?

He's 3-3 since 2011.
    Cotto was competitive with prime Canelo. Guy is still one of the best at 154 IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Cotto was competitive with prime Canelo. Guy is still one of the best at 154 IMO.
    154 is a dead division though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Yeah, he was a paranoid schizophrenic.

He was with his dad at the time, and we met because he had a traumatic brain injury too (so that's the types of brain injuries that I work with) along with schizophrenia. He kept thinking that the government had plotted against him, and were after him.. and because I was a new face he thought I was going to kidnap him - and that I had brainwashed his dad.

I had to continuously reassure him, and I had to avoid eye contact with him too when I spoke to both of them - so I looked at his dad most of the times and tried not to refer to the client by his name or "him" or "he". I always had to use something like.. "typically, in this case we would do this with a potential client..." etc.

At the end of the assessment I told his dad that he wouldn't benefit from input from us at this stage, and referred him back to his neuroteam at the hospital.

Felt more bad for his dad though, he's devoted all of his life to help his son and right at the end he asked me if this would ever go away, and if he'd get better etc - when he knew that he probably wouldn't.
    Very Interesting,

Could it possibly be dangerous looking after him though because he could randomly attack you or something

ReputationRep:
    154 is a dead division though?
    True, you have guys like Lara and Trout still floating around. Just wait for some welterweights to make the jump up; I'm sure Bradley wouldn't mind the payday.

ReputationRep:
    True, you have guys like Lara and Trout still floating around. Just wait for some welterweights to make the jump up; I'm sure Bradley wouldn't mind the payday.
    I've just started watching The Wire.

Question: does it develop into a GoT meets American Gangster type of show?

ReputationRep:
    I've just started watching The Wire.

Question: does it develop into a GoT meets American Gangster type of show?
    No. It has it's own style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Very Interesting,

Could it possibly be dangerous looking after him though because he could randomly attack you or something
    Definitely, which is why it was much better that his dad was there. If he was in a new place, sitting opposite someone he didn't know he probably would have attacked out of self defence

ReputationRep:
    It's literally impossible for Leicester to bottle this now, if Spurs drop points especially.

Nothing from their previous form suggests they will, and United's attack against Leicester's defence and Leicester's attack v Everton's defence shouldn't be a problem for them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    It's literally impossible for Leicester to bottle this now, if Spurs drop points especially.

Nothing from their previous form suggests they will, and United's attack against Leicester's defence and Leicester's attack v Everton's defence shouldn't be a problem for them.
    They'll win the league at OT

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    They'll win the league at OT

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm so glad they/someone new will win it - takes the focus off our shite season a bit more.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jimmy Seville)
    I'm so glad they/someone new will win it - takes the focus off our shite season a bit more.
    Leicester haven't won a top division title in their history never mind the PL

You have to feel for Spurs though, their best season in decades and they're usurped by Leicester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Leicester haven't won a top division title in their history never mind the PL

You have to feel for Spurs though, their best season in decades and they're usurped by Leicester
    haha it is typical Spurs, beat Arsenal, United, Chelsea, Liverpool and City and still don't finish finish top
    Always said they'd struggle when the Europa league kicks back in. You seen Kagawa's goal v Schalke?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah our coefficient will be banter after next season

ReputationRep:
    Having said that, imagine Leicester catch teams by surprise in the CL too :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Yeah our coefficient will be banter after next season
    City and Liverpool bailing England out

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.