Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotGodofWorld)
    I am a musician, :pierre:
    Cool
    Can you play any instruments?
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Bruh, I'm a bedroom producer :laugh: I didn't even know his first name was not Drake lmao
    :lol:
    Why don't you try guessing then? Your guesses may even be better than other people's knowledge:mmm:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Cool
    Can you play any instruments?

:lol:
    Why don't you try guessing then? Your guesses may even be better than other people's knowledge:mmm:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Guitar

ReputationRep:
    Guitar
    Woahhh nice :gasp:
    Any particular type you prefer?
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woahhh nice :gasp:
    Any particular type you prefer?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I own an electric, but I can pretty much play any type. might get ukele for christmas

ReputationRep:
    I own an electric, but I can pretty much play any type. might get ukele for christmas
    Ooh nice. Same, but I can't really play it that well. That's awesome, I would probably say that the guitar is my favourite instrument tbh.
    Cool, that'll be great fun.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh nice. Same, but I can't really play it that well. That's awesome, I would probably say that the guitar is my favourite instrument tbh.
    Cool, that'll be great fun.
    I'm about average
    I can learn a song pretty quickly, i'm fast and accurate, I know how to do vibrato, I know the basic minor scale, I know all the notes on the first and second string, I know all the majors and minor barres. Can't read shet music evenn though I tried but gave up after a week

ReputationRep:
    I'm about average
    I can learn a song pretty quickly, i'm fast and accurate, I know how to do vibrato, I know the basic minor scale, I know all the notes on the first and second string, I know all the majors and minor barres. Can't read shet music evenn though I tried but gave up after a week
    Fair enough and that's a great quality to have I think Ohh my sheet reading it's too bad but I'm not great at reading it and playing it the first time (well ) that's with the piano anyway; I was trying to do chords on the guitar (a good few months ago ) and I got so confused :rofl:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    1.Placebo are an English alternative rock band formed in which city?

2.How tall was singer Prince in metres? (answers will be accepted 7cm either side of the a value used)

3.Which singer has reportedly put his singing career on hold so he can focus on helping his son overcome a cancer treatment?

4.a) Skylar Grey is an American singer who has been nominated for how many GRAMMY’s in the past?
    b) Her birthday is on 23rd February. How old will she be on her birthday in a few months’ time?

5.a) Johann Sebastian Bach was a composer from which country?
    b) In which century was he born?

6.Blackburn Rovers striker Anthony Stokes has pleaded guilty to assaulting an Irish impersonator of which American singer who starred in the movies ‘Viva Las Vegas’ and ‘Love Me Tender’?

7.Which of the following did ex One Direction member Niall Horan say about the songs on his solo album?
    They’ll take a bit of getting use to because I’m experimenting with new sounds and styles
    They won’t bore people to death
    They were written by me whilst I was in the group, I just wanted to get myself out there more
    They are really worth listening to

8.Which Canadian singer was sadly revealed dead at age 82 recently?

9. a) What is recording artist Drake’s first name?
    Joshua
    Daniel
    Aubrey
    Timothy
    b) Who is he said to be working on a joint album with?

10.a) Miley Cyrus has recently launched a new charity campaign following which recent event in America?
    (Please provide the name of the event and at least one member involved)
    b) Her birthday is on 23rd November. How old is she now?
    c) i) Ariana Grande, like Miley Cyrus, began a career in acting as well as pursuing one in singing.
    What position is her song ‘Side to Side’, in the official charts?
    ii)Which artist is featured on the song?
    Spoiler:
    Show

1: Manchester
    2: 1.65
    3: Michael Buble
    4: 3 & 29
    5: Germany? 18th
    6: Elvis Presley (aka, Elvis the Pelvis)
    7: Won't bore people to death (still crap but whatever)
    8: Celine Dion is the only Canadian singer I can think of that's even close
    9: Aubrey, please be Aubrey - joint album, probably someone equally crap like Chris Brown
    10: a: presidential election - Donald Trump
    B: 24
    C: 17 + Drake

Might have one

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1. Placebo are an English alternative rock band formed in which city? London

2. How tall was singer Prince in metres? (answers will be accepted 7cm either side of the a value used) Who would know that?

3. Which singer has reportedly put his singing career on hold so he can focus on helping his son overcome a cancer treatment? Michael Buble <- Dunno how to spell that

4. a) Skylar Grey is an American singer who has been nominated for how many GRAMMY’s in the past?
    b) Her birthday is on 23rd February. How old will she be on her birthday in a few months’ time? NO idea who that is

5. a) Johann Sebastian Bach was a composer from which country? Germany
    b) In which century was he born? 17th i think

6. Blackburn Rovers striker Anthony Stokes has pleaded guilty to assaulting an Irish impersonator of which American singer who starred in the movies ‘Viva Las Vegas’ and ‘Love Me Tender’? No Idea

7. Which of the following did ex One Direction member Niall Horan say about the songs on his solo album?
    They’ll take a bit of getting use to because I’m experimenting with new sounds and styles
    They won’t bore people to death <- I know its this one
    They were written by me whilst I was in the group, I just wanted to get myself out there more
    They are really worth listening to

8. Which Canadian singer was sadly revealed dead at age 82 recently? Leonard *SOMETHING* <- Dunno his surname

9. a) What is recording artist Drake’s first name?
    Joshua
    Daniel
    Aubrey <- Defo I know
    Timothy
    b) Who is he said to be working on a joint album with? The one and only KANYE WEST!

10. a) Miley Cyrus has recently launched a new charity campaign following which recent event in America? Dunno...
    (Please provide the name of the event and at least one member involved)
    b) Her birthday is on 23rd November. How old is she now? 23 i think
    c) i) Ariana Grande, like Miley Cyrus, began a career in acting as well as pursuing one in singing.
    What position is her song ‘Side to Side’, in the official charts? 14
    ii)Which artist is featured on the song? Nicki Minaj

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Spoiler:
    Show

1: Manchester
    2: 1.65
    3: Michael Buble
    4: 3 & 29
    5: Germany? 18th
    6: Elvis Presley (aka, Elvis the Pelvis)
    7: Won't bore people to death (still crap but whatever)
    8: Celine Dion is the only Canadian singer I can think of that's even close
    9: Aubrey, please be Aubrey - joint album, probably someone equally crap like Chris Brown
    10: a: presidential election - Donald Trump
    B: 24
    C: 17 + Drake

Might have one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You have at least 4...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss_Rhythm)
    x
    Heyy thanks for taking part in the quiz
    A little pointer, if you'd like all answers to contribute to your point score, please give exact answers and not a range
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heyy thanks for taking part in the quiz
    A little pointer, if you'd like all answers to contribute to your point score, please give exact answers and not a range
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will do it again if you want...

Its 12th in the charts I think...
    Or it was that last week at least

ReputationRep:
    I will do it again if you want...

Its 12th in the charts I think...
    Or it was that last week at least
    No, just the last one I think, which is what you have done
    Thanks, I'll include this answer for the last question instead of the other one then?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    You have at least 4...
    Mostly guesswork

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I'm about average
    I play Guitar too and sheet music is a pain

I can read it and then play it on Guitar, but I can't sight read (yet )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I play Guitar too and sheet music is a pain

I can read it and then play it on Guitar, but I can't sight read (yet )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's good, I think I've forgotten everything about sheet music
    Are you classically trained?
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    That's good, I think I've forgotten everything about sheet music
    Are you classically trained?
    Nope, not at all. When I was doing Music GCSE I also took some theory lessons one lunchtime per week and got up to around Grade 3, but now I'm pretty rubbish again xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Nope, not at all. When I was doing Music GCSE I also took some theory lessons one lunchtime per week and got up to around Grade 3, but now I'm pretty rubbish again xD
    Lol I had a guitar tutor
    but our lessons were mostly practical even though he did a bit of theory
    I just read up online about music theory so I know the basics

ReputationRep:
    omg omg omg omg
    I finally figured out how to make my code work:excited::eek::^_^::awesome::bban::bhangra::blow::bumps::cheers::clap2::crazy::cry::cyber::dancing2::danceboy::dance::dancing::deal::dumbells::eek3::eek4::groovy::happy2::jebus::jiggy::jiggy::nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    omg omg omg omg
    I finally figured out how to make my code work:excited::eek::^_^::awesome::bban::bhangra::blow::bumps::cheers::clap2::crazy::cry::cyber::dancing2::danceboy::dance::dancing::deal::dumbells::eek3::eek4::groovy::happy2::jebus::jiggy::jiggy::nutcase:
    Well done!
    :party:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.