Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esra Oksuz)
    I got 68 out of 100. What grade would that be? And could I possibly get an A* with both papers combined?
    What would it be for a grade c ?

ReputationRep:
    Came out of the exam half-confident, but will now work my buttcheeks off for paper 2 bc I sure as hell haven't got the grade I wanted. (made the mistake of looking through the unofficial markscheme, and ohoohho boy I got it so wrong) Why are so many of you mathematical geniuses, I cannot fathom this, ;_____;

ReputationRep:
    The unofficial mark scheme says i got around 70 something, i need to ace the calculator paper to get an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1999Morgan)
    The angie question is 50 cm squared as you spilt the two squares which are five 2 take off 6 is 4 then times ten is 40 surely ?
    No, you work out the big area, which is 6m*10m = 60m^2
    then you work out the space in-between the two squares, which is 2m*5m=10m^2

Therefore total area = 60m^2-10m^2 = 50m^2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    You will get 2/3. And the cancelling was silly because your final answer was a negative value... for an area lmao
    Oops, think i'd just lost it by that point lol..

ReputationRep:
    How do you have the paper?

ReputationRep:
    for question 15, I only compared the interquartile range and median (with evidence and data from the box plot)..would I only get 2 out of 3 marks?

ReputationRep:
    This years paper was way harder than last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chassan)
    for question 15, I only compared the interquartile range and median (with evidence and data from the box plot)..would I only get 2 out of 3 marks?
    me too, i think the rest was to show workings??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chassan)
    No, that's all you need for the 3 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Please create a foundation one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenusername)
    This years paper was way harder than last year
    I agree, i was a bit silly, i misunderstood the questions but hopefully i can get an A* through the calculator paper in my opinion i am much stronger in that one, last years paper including the hannah one i got 98/100 for that paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ax can.m)
    How do you have the paper?
    http://mrkibria.weebly.com/uploads/7..._mr_kibria.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I think that i got 78 (lowest possible mark) how much more would i need for an A*? and grade boundary predictions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakstar)
    I agree, i was a bit silly, i misunderstood the questions but hopefully i can get an A* through the calculator paper in my opinion i am much stronger in that one
    Me too. Specially the graphical simultaneous one, and i didn't even try the last one lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zczashx)
    I think that i got 78 (lowest possible mark) how much more would i need for an A*? and grade boundary predictions?
    93+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke.brown1999)
    I think I got around 57-58 marks what would that be roughly? and do you think that the grade boundaries will be lower because people have found this hard?
    You should be secure 'B'. I gooe boundaries will be low as I personally thought it was a lot of working out for most of the questions.
    I did 49-53points and although I am secure 'C', I really want 'B'!Must hope for the best in the calculator test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zczashx)
    I think around the same marks in the next paper, or maybe 85 marks might get you an a*. I think last years grade boundary was 155 to get an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenusername)
    I think around the same marks in the next paper, or maybe 85 marks might get you an a*. I think last years grade boundary was 155 to get an A*?
    Last years paper was much much harder than this.

This exam as been super easy, expecting high grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.