Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    Congrats on getting into SOAS for law with ABC. It's unheard of really to get into law at SOAS with such grades but I guess miracles do happen? I guess what I will miss most is seeing you ask the same set of repetitive questions over and over and over again on this thread especially now that you've finally gotten into uni. Good luck and have a good one up at SOAS!
    this is really nice passive aggression, wow

i r8 8/8 m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    Congrats on getting into SOAS for law with ABC. It's unheard of really to get into law at SOAS with such grades but I guess miracles do happen? I guess what I will miss most is seeing you ask the same set of repetitive questions over and over and over again on this thread especially now that you've finally gotten into uni. Good luck and have a good one up at SOAS!
    I got into SOAS because of my reference and mitigating circumstances which was included.
    Also SOAS if you firmed them accepted people with lower grades. Some people on here got accepted with BBB because they firmed them. So know your facts before you start trying to act smart.

(Original post by xxvine)
    I got into SOAS because of my reference and mitigating circumstances which was included.
    Also SOAS if you firmed them accepted people with lower grades. Some people on here got accepted with BBB because they firmed them. So know your facts before you start trying to act smart.
    So I guess you won't be posting in the A-level thread subjects thread asking the same repetitive questions over and over again given that you've finally made it to uni? A simple yes or no answer would be nice.

ReputationRep:
    scraped a B in unit 1 (70 UMS) but thankfully got 100 in unit 2 so got an A overall.. and there i was thinking unit 1 was the easiest out of all of my exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxx-ooo-xxx)
    scraped a B in unit 1 (70 UMS) but thankfully got 100 in unit 2 so got an A overall.. and there i was thinking unit 1 was the easiest out of all of my exams
    I was the same in terms of doing better in unit two. I would have bet everything that I did better in unit one.

How weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    I was the same in terms of doing better in unit two. I would have bet everything that I did better in unit one.

How weird.
    it's so surprising, which topics did you choose for each unit?

ReputationRep:
    it's so surprising, which topics did you choose for each unit?
    Hmmm.... I can't remember - what did you choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Hmmm.... I can't remember - what did you choose?
    I seem to remember I did Pressure Groups and Elections in Unit 1 and Parliament and Constitution for the 40 mark on Unit 2. I had to teach myself all of those topics apart from Parliament due to missing a lot of school for a particular reason, so I'm very happy I managed to get an A if I'm honest

ReputationRep:
    I seem to remember I did Pressure Groups and Elections in Unit 1 and Parliament and Constitution for the 40 mark on Unit 2. I had to teach myself all of those topics apart from Parliament due to missing a lot of school for a particular reason, so I'm very happy I managed to get an A if I'm honest
    I think I did the same thinking about it.

That's so good getting an A then! I could never do that well in those circumstances

ReputationRep:
    Bit late, but i somehow managed to get Full UMS on this!

No idea how xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadnol)
    Bit late, but i somehow managed to get Full UMS on this!

No idea how xD
    Mate that's frikkin awesome, well done to you you must be pretty impressed with that 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

I used the thread a lot last year. You guys really helped me revise! (thanks)

I did AS and A2 politics in one year and very fortunately got an A* despite getting a C in that horrible unit 1 paper.

I did unit 3 & 4 C (America) so any help you guys may need, just ask because I myself found it very challenging at times.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone putting their AS grade on UCAS as 'pending'? since this is a modular grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmy15)
    Is anyone putting their AS grade on UCAS as 'pending'? since this is a modular grade
    No, I'd put the grade, considering you've been awarded a grade for the AS section of the course. The A Level is pending.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.