University of Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2016

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Are you a mathmo? I don't think many of us are even bothering to do the booklet, let alone the nrich tasks at the end.
    no a natsci

ReputationRep:
    where are the nrich tasks? didn't see them

(Original post by josephinemar25)
    no a natsci

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RThornton)
    where are the nrich tasks? didn't see them
    They're after the answers in the 'maths for natscis' booklet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathMoFarah)
    They're after the answers in the 'maths for natscis' booklet
    thanks and brilliant username!

ReputationRep:
    Confirmed.
    Homerton is the worst college ever.
    Never apply there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Confirmed.
    Never apply there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha how come?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claree)
    Haha how come?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My kitchen is disgusting, the fridge is disgusting aswell I thought there is supposed to be designated parts of he fridge? Horrible. Dirty kids. And it is gull even though only mathmos have arrived and only 1 of them is in my corridoor.
    My room is so small that it is around 2.5mx3.5/4m including the ensuite. So i can walk to other side in literally two big steps.
    Oh yeh I forgot that it is approx 30 miles from cambridge.
    Upside
    College grounds are wonderful tho, so big, although what ****ing difference does this make lmao.
    Atlesst the room was clean.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My kitchen is disgusting, the fridge is disgusting aswell I thought there is supposed to be designated parts of he fridge? Horrible. Dirty kids. And it is gull even though only mathmos have arrived and only 1 of them is in my corridoor.
    My room is so small that it is around 2.5mx3.5/4m including the ensuite. So i can walk to other side in literally two big steps.
    Upside
    College grounds are wonderful tho, so big, although what ****ing difference does this make lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Youre there already? I'm a mathmo and I dont go till Thursday. Do you have an induction day tomorrow or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nitromeguy)
    Youre there already? I'm a mathmo and I dont go till Thursday. Do you have an induction day tomorrow or something?
    Homerton Girton and Gonville n Caius have an Pre sessional course at CMS this whole week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Upside

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow!! Was the fridge not emptied and cleaned by he students leaving last summer? Or has the other mathmo on your corridor filled up the whole fridge already?! The bedder might clean the kitchen on monday/whenever they restart working and it might get better then The kitchen often ends up a mess whichever college you're at just out of luck of who you're sharing it with. I got fed up of sharing a fridge in 1st year, so got a room with its own fridge last year, and this year am getting a room with my own gyp

Haha I went past Homerton for the first time at the end of last term (my tutor had a bbq at his house and he lives near Homerton), it turned out not to seem quite as far out as I though it was. Never been inside the college though. The leisure park and shops near by are quite nice, too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow!! Was the fridge not emptied and cleaned by he students leaving last summer? Or has the other mathmo on your corridor filled up the whole fridge already?! The bedder might clean the kitchen on monday/whenever they restart working and it might get better then The kitchen often ends up a mess whichever college you're at just out of luck of who you're sharing it with. I got fed up of sharing a fridge in 1st year, so got a room with its own fridge last year, and this year am getting a room with my own gyp

Haha I went past Homerton for the first time at the end of last term (my tutor had a bbq at his house and he lives near Homerton), it turned out not to seem quite as far out as I though it was. Never been inside the college though. The leisure park and shops near by are quite nice, too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The other mathmo has nothing in there he said aswell.
    Its just disgusting honestly. Everything looks half used etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is the stuff in date? If it's been left there accidentally for months then you could just throw it out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is the stuff in date? If it's been left there accidentally for months then you could just throw it out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dont even want to touch it tbh. Stinks aswell

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cover it in chilli powder and use garden gloves

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably from conference guests. The kitchens are cleaned every day but Sunday, and the fridges probably won't be cleaned out until this coming week when they prepare for everyone to arrive. After that if it's disgusting, make sure everyone on your corridor is throwing stuff out when it goes bad, or do what I do and throw everything out that has gone off. The cleaners wont go through everything in the fridge to check it's in date for you.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Put a note on the fridge asking the bedders to clear it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Probably from conference guests. The kitchens are cleaned every day but Sunday, and the fridges probably won't be cleaned out until this coming week when they prepare for everyone to arrive. After that if it's disgusting, make sure everyone on your corridor is throwing stuff out when it goes bad, or do what I do and throw everything out that has gone off. The cleaners wont go through everything in the fridge to check it's in date for you.
    The room is so small lmao. Im so big.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The room is so small lmao. Im so big.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you on 4th floor?

ReputationRep:
    Confirmed.
    Never apply there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was assured that we would all think each of our own colleges was the best.

Now I am worried. Perhaps that is a lie, perhaps everyone at Cambridge secretly wishes they applied to Trinity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Are you on 4th floor?
    Yep lmao.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.