[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    surrey and kent are already sending out offers ( friends )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna.Karenina)
    All of my 2014 Linguistics offers came through in November :-)
    Where did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hetpiglet)
    Ooh that does sound interesting, I hope that you get an offer 😊. I'm really nervous just waiting for offers now, which other uni's have you applied for ?
    Same, it's only been a few days and I already feel like I can't wait much longer I hope you get an offer too! I've applied to Edinburgh, the Courtauld, UCL and St. Andrews What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmwilliams)
    Same, it's only been a few days and I already feel like I can't wait much longer I hope you get an offer too! I've applied to Edinburgh, the Courtauld, UCL and St. Andrews What about you?
    Thank you 😊, I've also applied to Durham, Nottingham, Lancaster and Birmingham. 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxsciencemathsxX)
    I've applied to three of the same as you- Bath, Exeter and Imperial! I have also applied to Warwick and Oxford
    That's awesome, we could end up at the same place! What are you thinking for firm and insurance (if you have/get all your offers)? Good luck with Warwick and Oxford!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received offers for PPE or Economics & Philosophy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dinliltla)
    Thought it wonderful to see one fellow Romanian, but to see you're also from Timisoara!! Where have you applied to/what course?
    Economics - at those 5 unis:Manchester , LSE , UCL , Nottingham and Bristol .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmalley1)
    Nice! I applied for History and Education at Strathclyde and they wanted AAAA so I understand why they rejected me - but that doesn't mean they'll reject you! I don't think I'll get into Edinburgh either but like you say - it really is worth a shot!

Good luck to you too!
    Where is your 1st choice going to be do you know? What did you apply for at Glasgow?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Loughborough for Sociology. 9pm I was about to go to sleep lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scottishgirl163)
    Where is your 1st choice going to be do you know? What did you apply for at Glasgow?
    Glasgow is my first choice - I applied for History/Sociology and I have an unconditional offer which has calmed my nerves! The course at Glasgow sounds really good and has a lot of content that I'm interested in. I'm really into Edinburgh but I don't think I'll get in.

What about you? Do you know what your first choice will be?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything from Manchester for Law? That's the only one I might expect to hear back from before the 21st, because none of the LNAT unis will make any offers before then since that's when the LNAT scores are uploaded.

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow is my first choice - I applied for History/Sociology and I have an unconditional offer which has calmed my nerves! The course at Glasgow sounds really good and has a lot of content that I'm interested in. I'm really into Edinburgh but I don't think I'll get in.

What about you? Do you know what your first choice will be?
    See I was put off Glasgow because of the entry requirements but now that you've had an unconditional I may reconsider it.

I'm thinking Aberdeen right now but who knows hahahahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RelfTE)
    Has anyone received offers for PPE or Economics & Philosophy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Phaha just checked my own UCAS track and I have an offer for PPE from UEA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    See I was put off Glasgow because of the entry requirements but now that you've had an unconditional I may reconsider it.

I'm thinking Aberdeen right now but who knows hahahahah
    AAAB are good grades - I'd give it a go if you like the course content and have a good personal statement. Are you doing 6th year or did you leave in S5?
    I applied for Aberdeen but I don't think it's a very practical option for me!

ReputationRep:
    AAAB are good grades - I'd give it a go if you like the course content and have a good personal statement. Are you doing 6th year or did you leave in S5?
    I applied for Aberdeen but I don't think it's a very practical option for me!
    Stayed on for 6th years doing AH Modern Studies and crashing Higher History, Geography and Economics! What about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Stayed on for 6th years doing AH Modern Studies and crashing Higher History, Geography and Economics! What about yourself?
    You need at least ABBB in S5 to get a condtional from Glasgow so I say go for it! I left in S5 (June this year) and am taking a gap year, I'm just hoping for the best with the results I already have!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hs8)
    Where did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    UCL, King's and Queen Mary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatoHeadshot)
    sweet physics for me
    have you applied to other unis? if so which ones?
    Bristol, Manchester, Leeds, Sheffield😊

ReputationRep:
    Got offer from University of Edinburgh and Glasgow ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SayoniRoy)
    Got offer from University of Edinburgh and Glasgow ☺️
    What did you apply for?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 10, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.