UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

Holsy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by The Jester)
quick question all.. do we put our UKCAT scores before we send off our application? Because i cant take the exam till the 8th.. (financial thing...)
Nope.

-

Just to let you know everyone I've added a FAQ section on the first post. I've included some questions which regularly pop up in this thread. If there's anything else you think would help people out let me know.

Well done Calum and charlotte. Those are excellent scores!
Calumcalum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holsy)
Nope.

-

Just to let you know everyone I've added a FAQ section on the first post. I've included some questions which regularly pop up in this thread. If there's anything else you think would help people out let me know.

Well done Calum and charlotte. Those are excellent scores!
Thanks ermm maybe a question on whether BMAT unis will look at UKCAT score at all if you put it on your UCAS? And how to enter it into UCAS form with modules etc for those who like to fill in as much as they can
ben_stretch
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It doesn't go on your form, its only forwarded to the unis you're applying to that use it as part of the process (not the BMAT unis)
mj2
Report 10 years ago
I am soooooo worried about the QR section - ive done the practise one, and checked the answers, and im missing little details in the text ahhh this is soo annoyin . Glad to get that off mi chest.
OriginofSymmetry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Calumcalum)
Thanks ermm maybe a question on whether BMAT unis will look at UKCAT score at all if you put it on your UCAS? And how to enter it into UCAS form with modules etc for those who like to fill in as much as they can

They won't look at it. They won't care about it. They chose NOT to use the UKCAT as they do not think it provides valid evidence of non-academic abilities. It will mean nothing to them.
Calumcalum
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mj2)
I am soooooo worried about the QR section - ive done the practise one, and checked the answers, and im missing little details in the text ahhh this is soo annoyin . Glad to get that off mi chest.
I found the actual test easier than all the practices. What I did was kinda skip through to ones with less writing and set the others for review (perhaps having a go if I could) and then make sure I got the points for them, then with the little time I left I had at the end I guessed the ones that looked REALLY confusing. There's some fairly easy questions which you can get quickly if you read the questions quickly
Quira
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I found the actual test easier than all the practices. What I did was kinda skip through to ones with less writing and set the others for review (perhaps having a go if I could) and then make sure I got the points for them, then with the little time I left I had at the end I guessed the ones that looked REALLY confusing. There's some fairly easy questions which you can get quickly if you read the questions quickly
You're talking about the maths bit, right?
Is it simpler questions than the ones on the practise test? (WHICH WAS SO DIFFICULT AND SHORT-TIMED IT WAS DISGUSTING D: ), cause in the UKCAT book they only had like one chart or something per 4 questions, but in the practise test it was a graph, a whole block of text, and then a seriously confusing question EACH TIME 0__0
Calumcalum
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Quira)
You're talking about the maths bit, right?
Is it simpler questions than the ones on the practise test? (WHICH WAS SO DIFFICULT AND SHORT-TIMED IT WAS DISGUSTING D: ), cause in the UKCAT book they only had like one chart or something per 4 questions, but in the practise test it was a graph, a whole block of text, and then a seriously confusing question EACH TIME 0__0
Yeah I hated the practice test. The actual one's quite varied, you will get a couple with more writing and a more confusing looking table/graph, but then there'll be others with a shorter question which take much less time. In general, mine were slightly less writing than the practice, but that might not necessarily be the case... but yeah it's very unlikely you'll get it all done in time so make sure you sort out your timing so you don't spend ages on one question, I'd go for the easier questions but you might wanna do something different, as looking for easier ones will take up time aswell...
o_d
Report 10 years ago
Did mine today:
Verbal Reasoning: 700
Quantitative Reasoning: 680
Abstract Reasoning: 690
Decision Analysis: 760

Average: 707.5

I was o'so very shocked

For anyone who is worrying about it, don't. I was nervous too and found the practise maths test impossible. I was going for around the mid-60% on the practise tests on the purple book, with 70's in DA. Also on the actual test, I got to about half way on QR before having to guess the lot.

Makes up for my two B's at AS :mad:
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you think It will matter that I put UKCAT score on my UCAS form? as there was space to put it on I did. Its already sent though, unfortunately
OriginofSymmetry
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crazylemon)
Do you think It will matter that I put UKCAT score on my UCAS form? as there was space to put it on I did. Its already sent though, unfortunately

No, it won't matter. Don't worry, the universities won't put you at a disadvantage or anything!
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
No, it won't matter. Don't worry, the universities won't put you at a disadvantage or anything!

phew
Holsy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by o_d)
Did mine today:
Verbal Reasoning: 700
Quantitative Reasoning: 680
Abstract Reasoning: 690
Decision Analysis: 760

Average: 707.5

I was o'so very shocked

For anyone who is worrying about it, don't. I was nervous too and found the practise maths test impossible. I was going for around the mid-60% on the practise tests on the purple book, with 70's in DA. Also on the actual test, I got to about half way on QR before having to guess the lot.

Makes up for my two B's at AS :mad:
I told you today it would be fine. :teeth: Well done, you wiped the floor with me and my prediction. I'm very proud. I'm taking those chips back now.
Sanjetti
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bloody hell. Everyone here is saying they find it so hard and do amazingly. I feel really depressed, I feel like a complete idiot
campbellian
Report 10 years ago
How is an average of 612.5? Is that good?

Be honest.
Calumcalum
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Does anyone know which unis really value UKCAT? Apart from Kings and Sheffield...
campbellian
Report 10 years ago
Eurgh.

I'm considering applying to Dundee, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Sheffield, UCL and King's.

Which would you say 612.5 isn't good enough for, other than King's and Sheffield?
iheartvet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by campbellian)
Eurgh.

I'm considering applying to Dundee, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Sheffield, UCL and King's.

Which would you say 612.5 isn't good enough for, other than King's and Sheffield?
I do not think that King's judges solely on your UKCAT score, so you should not use that alone as your basis for deciding whether to apply there. If you really want to go there, then you should apply. People can only answer this question for you with the same exact information that you have. No one really has insider's information.
shriya
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if barts had a cut off score of 620 last year,amd it increases every year,should i consider applying there,coz i only have an average of 640
Kinkerz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Does anyone know which unis really value UKCAT? Apart from Kings and Sheffield...
Newcastle and Manchester rank applicants on UKCAT score and ask the top 'x' to interview. Also, Barts normally set up a cut-off score, though this has been different each cycle.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.27%
No - but I will (38)
6.97%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.61%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (257)
47.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed