POST HERE For Discussion About The DEATH OF OSAMA BIN LADEN (Updated) Watch

Poll: Osama's death?
He was killed on the 1st of may. (121)
46.36%
He was killed earlyer than the 1st of may (65)
24.9%
He is still alive (37)
14.18%
He is a myth (38)
14.56%
Jessieevaline
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Man G)
he was buried out to sea? yeah sure.
I heard the Americans did that so it wouldn't become a shrine/ pilgrimage site. Seems logical...
Tabris
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by umarrehman187)
i stated yes they do bend thier way only in this exremist bomb etc not other things dont take my words and say i said i only said bend thier ways in order to kill and in the name of jihad

about burying etc shrines etc no i still think they do not bend thier ways and they would have not made a shrine and worshipped it and used to for hatred!
You can't say that with 100% certainty though. If they're okay with killing innocents, I wouldn't doubt that they'd use Osama's body as a rallying point. Not a certainty, but there's a good possibility if they're happy with violating Islam to their own ends already.

Burying him at sea eliminates any possbility. It's better safe, than sorry.
concubine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Better off dead.
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DH-Biker)
I was applying it towards the Americans, they can't perform Torture as its against the Geneva Convention.

Of course Terrorist groups wont follow those guidelines.

Regardless of the opposing force, America will not torture any individual. Especially one like that who wouldn't give up any information anyway.

They found out what they needed there on his person.

If they even suggested doing so, the UN would rain down control order upon control order. Luckily, Obama holds more intelligence to resort to torturing someone who would rather be burnt alive then let slip any information.
did't Bush get around that by declaring the Taliban terrorists and Guerllias rather than soldiers in uniform?
chloeee!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't understand the argument that is being banded about, even by the likes of David Cameron and co, that because of this the West will now be the victim of a 'revenge' terrorist attack, because doesn't this imply that Al Qaeda could have plotted one at any time but were refraining out of a sort of...respect? Surely they would want to launch terrorist attacks whenever and wherever possible, so although I'm sure this has incensed them and made them more keen to do something in retribution, does this make it any more likely that they will succeed?
mmmmmpie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First terror arrests made on Monday, five men held after filming a nuclear power station,

The men, who are all from London and aged in their 20s, were arrested on Monday shortly after 1630 BST.

The arrests were made after Civil Nuclear Constabulary officers conducted a stop check on a vehicle close to the Sellafield site, in Cumbria.

The men were held in Carlisle overnight and are being moved to Manchester.

The BBC's Fiona Trott said the men were thought to have been filming and were all Bangladeshi.

The BBC understands the arrests were not the result of a long running investigation.

The North West Counter Terrorism Unit is leading the investigation.

A police officer can arrest anyone they "reasonably suspect" of being a terrorist, under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000.

The Sellafield site, on the Cumbrian coast, is responsible for decommissioning and reprocessing nuclear waste and fuel manufacturing on behalf of the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority.

The site, which has operated since the 1940s, is heavily protected by both private security and officers from the Civil Nuclear Constabulary

Sellafield is also home to the world's first commercial nuclear power station - Calder Hall, which operated from 1956 to 2003.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-13268834
nonotrly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Clinton could've killed him in 2000, but the order never came. 11 years on, Bush has killed far more innocents and spread far more hatred and racism/discrimination/xenophobia than Osama ever did. What a mess.

Too late now, but I greatly advise Americans don't dance in the streets. Someone was killed, and the reason he was killed was because so many other s were killed. This is not something to celebrate, it's something to respect the dead and living that you love and to reflect.

Just makes you look like animals, just like the Asians who danced in 2001. While that was due to the death of civilians, it's still on the same subject.
DH-Biker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nosaer)
Naive is thy name.

Which GC are you talking about?
Not really.

The Third and Fourth Conventions state:

"Willful killing, torture or inhumane treatment, including biological experiments"

Classes as a "Grave Breach".

America wouldn't dare attempt a "grave breach" as I keep saying, the UN would hinder every military action they did.
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
did't Bush get around that by declaring the Taliban terrorists and Guerllias rather than soldiers in uniform?
It wouldn't matter. He couldn't anyway;

The Convention states that it doesn't concern who the individual is, nor their religious, political or ideological stance.

Regardless of uniform, regardless of their status as a "Conventional Army" it doesn't matter.

They could no more torture Osama then they could a little girl.
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tabris)
Guncam or headcam footage would be pretty amazing.

That is, if people can handle watching somebody die. Or at the very least, up until the point.

No doubt they'd heavily edit it, if footage were to ever be released.
Oh, of course.

Seeing people's bodies torn up by 9mm and 7.62mm rounds would leave a mess.

Think Gears of War, but a lot more spray.

They would release an un-edited version for the general internet, but an edited version would be released to News Stations globally. Along with a picture, and multiple; "What you are about to see, may disturb you" warnings.
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by umarrehman187)
1stly please stop saying they would attack us, because you guys have been killing iraqi kids mothers and soldiers till this day, im sure the amount of innocent civlians bush killed in his president days is enough for me to keep calling out his name...and dont say awww the terrorists did it then george bush retalited because thats not true, they equally as bad!

obviously as an american you will say we started it, and we will say you started it....so yh this is never going to end

and according to your thing about this shrine etc no we would have not made a shrine and made it an icon because that is against our religion, saladin (a very strong muslim leader has a small wooden shrine thats it) so bin laden would have been no different!

bush is not the sole figure but one of the figures in this war just like bin laden....

the day the americnas get out of all the muslim countries there will be peace
Equally as bad? You wouldn't declare war on a faction that caused 4,000 deaths? :rolleyes:

"Oh, but that's not right! Attacking someone back is bad!" You're as bad as the ****ing teachers who say, "You shouldn't fight back, you should sit and take it!"

Yeah, tell that to the families of 4,000 people; You're going to tell them the war is a bad thing? That his death is a bad thing? :rolleyes:

I'm not an American, I'm British. And it was Osama that started it, he declared war on "The West" or "America and the Coalition" in the 1980s, before Operation Desert Shield and Storm.

He would have been different. He wasn't just a religious leader, he used the backing to rile support for military actions; he was using religious justification. There would have been a shrine, given he was regarded to them as Che Guvara was to the Cubans. Granted, the religion is different, but the political, ideological and military stance represents the same sense of duty towards a country/nation/people.

No there wont. As long as they continue to rile support against the West, there will be retaliation.
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aj12)
Can't help but be Skeptical though. Just wish they would release the video.
Because video evidence always stops the conspiracy theories doesn't it. *cough*moon landing*cough*
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by History-Student)
Because video evidence always stops the conspiracy theories doesn't it. *cough*moon landing*cough*
Exactly what i was thinking
Pics/videos of body:
Gory (for obvious reasons) - 'lulz what must be fake too much gore we can't be sures!'
Edited beforehand - 'they edited it, must be fakes cuz we don't have original duh'.

Never ending.
Trips
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And it was Osama that started it, he declared war on "The West" or "America and the Coalition" in the 1980s, before Operation Desert Shield and Storm.
Ah yes, 1980, the beginning of time for Middle-Eastern politics.
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Trips)
Ah yes, 1980, the beginning of time for Middle-Eastern politics.
No, nor did I state it was.

However, the first Twin Towers attack lead towards a blaming of the Middle East, the emergence of Al-Qaeda, Osama's power and the upper-echelon, power elite and splinter-factions of Al-Qaeda.

It was the begining of the troubles between Al-Qaeda and the Coalition.
Trips
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It was the begining of the troubles between Al-Qaeda and the Coalition.
This is where I think you've analysed it wrong. 9/11 and Al-Qaeda is a chapter. Look at policy in the Middle East post WW2 up to 1980 if you want to understand what our intervention is for.
Rant
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gangee)
You sir are completely and utterly right Please say thank you to your brothers and family, even though that ignorant Rant moron is so far up his own ass he cannot understand, don't let his stupidity get to you What your brothers have done is remarkable and they definitely have helped Thank you

As for this Rant guy, you're disgusting.
And you are a brainless little sheep.
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Trips)
This is where I think you've analysed it wrong. 9/11 and Al-Qaeda is a chapter. Look at policy in the Middle East post WW2 up to 1980 if you want to understand what our intervention is for.
I'm talking about Osama's decleration of war on "The West". After the attacks, it provoked a response in terror activities.
At a similar time, Iraq invaded Kuwait, "A branch that must be returned to the tree"; it was at this time they found a link between Al-Qaeda and Hussein.

There was no direct intervention by Saddam into Al-Qeada, but he and Osama did multiple deals.

Once 2001 swung around, the Gulf War had been and gone, the effects were still present of course, but at best it was a simmering down system of political instability characterized by extreme dictatorship.

No one could change that, so people did nothing against them. Small groups fought against Saddam's opressive regime, but for the most part, people shrugged their shoulders and moved on.

Advance to the Trade Center attacks by Al-Qaeda on September 11th, religiously backed by Osama, and intiated by the current leader of Al-Qaeda who brought the Egyptian Jihad into Al-Qaeda as a splinter faction.

The response in Iraq was due to oil and the freedom of opression, and then they found out Al-Qaeda was responsible for the attacks when Al-Qaeda released a video in which Osama said the attacks were a good thing, and more would follow.

They tracked them into Afghanistan, invaded, the Mujahadeen fought back against incursion as a splinter-faction under the leadership of an Al-Qaeda officer. With weaponry left over from Soviet-Era arms dealers and the war between them and Russia, they fought against the first Coalition forces.

Now we're here, Osama, the religious leader is dead. However, Al-Qaeda is still a threat, under the leadership of the person who unified seventeen different factions into the Al-Qaeda force. Whilst they are destabalized by the death of an iconic figure, **** will continue to happen.

That was my point. I wasn't talking about earlier politics. I was concerned about Osama's decleration of war on the West.
vilongo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm still giggling at how hard the right-wing is trying to make this look like a bipartisan effort.
I'm still amazed..... bush damn there gave up on bin laden:

In a press conference in 2002 (this conference is set to be key to winning obamas next election)
Bush stated:

Q Mr. President, in your speeches now you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? Also, can you tell the American people if you have any more information, if you know if he is dead or alive? Final part --deep in your heart, don't you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won't really eliminate the threat of --THE

PRESIDENT: Deep in my heart I know the man is on the run, if he's alive at all. Who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not; we haven't heard from him in a long time. And the idea of focusing on one person is --really indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission. Terror is bigger than one person. And he's just --he's a person who's now been marginalized. His network, his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match. He is --as I mentioned in my speech, I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death and he, himself, tries to hide --if, in fact, he's hiding at all. So I don't know where he is. You know, I just don't spend that much time on him, Kelly, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well-supplied; that the strategy is clear; that the coalition is strong; that when we find enemy bunched up like we did in Shahikot Mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did. And there will be other battles in Afghanistan. There's going to be other struggles like Shahikot, and I'm just as confident about the outcome of those future battles as I was about Shahikot, where our soldiers are performing brilliantly. We're tough, we're strong, they're well-equipped. We have a good strategy. We are showing the world we know how to fight a guerrilla war with conventional means. Q But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive? THE

PRESIDENT: Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I --I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban.:

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archiv...0020313-8.html

Candidate elect Obama was the one who stated that he was going to move the wars trajectory from Iraq to Afghanistan to find osama. It seems like pure news talking points, but in reality, Obama knew that capturing or killing osamas would safeguard the next election for him. This is why he was so adamant about osama.
DH-Biker
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rant)
And you are a brainless little sheep.
Switched targets, huh?

No reply to mine?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads