The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys I'm looking to get a tattoo done soonish and am popping down in a couple of days to get my idea drawn out but in the mean time I was wondering if you guys could roughly say how long you think the actual tattooing will take, so when I get my estimate I don't act too surprised :smile:

The image I uploaded will be similar to my idea, well the tiger climbing up the arm with the waves around it.

Thanks
Original post by Baines_22
Hey guys I'm looking to get a tattoo done soonish and am popping down in a couple of days to get my idea drawn out but in the mean time I was wondering if you guys could roughly say how long you think the actual tattooing will take, so when I get my estimate I don't act too surprised :smile:

The image I uploaded will be similar to my idea, well the tiger climbing up the arm with the waves around it.

Thanks

Depends on the speed of the artist. Probably 12hrs-ish... really depends on the level of detail too.

Where you looking a getting it done?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LAS7
A few of mine:

Nice man :yy:
Original post by WhyteBoar
Depends on the speed of the artist. Probably 12hrs-ish... really depends on the level of detail too.

Where you looking a getting it done?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers
I'm looking round my local area first which is Hertfordshire and where I go to uni which is Norwich.
Cheers
I'm looking round my local area first which is Hertfordshire and where I go to uni which is Norwich.

When I looked at it last night I didn't realise it was a 2/3 sleeve. It'll take much longer than 12 hrs! Sorry!

Make you sure you choose an artist whose work you have seen and someone who has done similar work in the past.

If you are open to considering London, Tutti Serra, Cesar Mesquita, or Rodrigo Souto at Black Garden Tattoo on Drury Lane do similar styles with their own twist. I think any one of those guys would do a great custom drawn 2/3 sleeve.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cpdavis
What theme are you thinking? :h:

Brighton / seaside :teeth:

(Two of my current tattoos are for particularly important places, so Brighton's up next!)
Original post by BlackHawk
Ok, this SOC chat thread seems to have died. Only 4 posts this year :frown:

Where are you guys?

Still here...:biggrin:

I don't know if I posted a picture of my new addition actually...i'll dig out a picture now

It's all healed now, this was straight after it was done. It'll be my last for a while now though...maybe forever :redface:

Thanks

I'm probably not the best to answer as I'm yet to get a tattoo, but looking at the size of it, if you're going for a lot of detail then I would assume around 15-20 hours.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by LAS7
A few of mine:

Gorgeous tats :love: I love the style.
Original post by CJ
Brighton / seaside :teeth:

(Two of my current tattoos are for particularly important places, so Brighton's up next!)

Ooo lots of things you could get to do with the sea :biggrin:

If you like literature, you could get something inspired by Ernest Hemingway, The old man and the Sea or Richard Bach's Jonathan Seagull.

Or a more sailor inspired one...

http://pinterest.com/pin/82964818108177073/

Or pinup style like those old 'visit the seaside' posters.

Original post by JWH
I haven't been on tsr much thanks to work. Though I am thinking about getting a new tattoo. I want Doctor who themed but can't find anything that I want yet

I love this one, but it's rather big :tongue:

http://pinterest.com/pin/35043703323277219/

What about the Dr's fob watch?

Original post by VickyTink

It's all healed now, this was straight after it was done. It'll be my last for a while now though...maybe forever :redface:

Awww Mrs Potts and Chips! :biggrin: Great tattoo!
Reply 1753
I love this one, but it's rather big :tongue:

http://pinterest.com/pin/35043703323277219/

What about the Dr's fob watch?

I have seen that one and thought it was a bit big as well :smile: and also that is the fob watch or at least the time lords seal that is on the front of it
Reply 1754
Gorgeous tats :love: I love the style.

Thanks very much, I had my elbow tattooed today as I had a gap there. Man was it painful!
Opinions on this artist? He said he can fit me in sometime in the next two weeks...

http://instagram.com/nicoroussin
Reply 1756
Original post by frankieboy
Between 400 and 450 for the two (at a rate of 80 or 90 an hour).

That seems to be the kind of rate you're talking for quality custom work. Flash will obviously be cheaper.

frankieboy thanks for replying and for taking a guess at the cost of the tattoo. you were right. 450 for the pair. they have both had a bit more done to them since posting the pics. To finish my back I'm thinking about adding a gargoyle below them and some buildings in the back ground. Last weekend my throat was cut and I'm poor again for now..oh throat, not literally cut btw :smile: see tattoo lol

If it posts I'll include the other stitches under my belly.

Thanks...ummmm :s-smilie: whomever posted the link to the art of Dmitiriy Samohin. brilliant stuff. if you get any tattoos done add them here please. anyhow my apologies its late so i forget the posters name. note to self: remember posters name or remember to look for posters name. Then edit this and nobody will be any the wiser..lol.

Vicky. cool tattoo:smile: on your foot as well..ouch? or like not so bad?. it looks good anywayscut throat.jpgstiches1.jpgback pair 2.JPG
(edited 10 years ago)
I've got some geeky tattoos I'd like, but I'm going to leave it a few years I think... already got four. Don't want to be covered in them. Going for a piercing instead I think :colone: had my ears done twice and it healed up both times; thinking of getting helix or tragus pierced instead... maybe I'd look after it more :moon:
Opinions on this artist? He said he can fit me in sometime in the next two weeks...

http://instagram.com/nicoroussin

What tattoo are you planning on getting, also if you want to go to that studio maybe look at https://www.facebook.com/DJTambeTattoos as well but I'm sure there will be a much longer waiting list, but hey good things come to those that wait :smile:
If you're in Vegas and looking for B&G work, check out Robert Pho

http://web.stagram.com/n/robertpho

Nico Roussin is solid, but who you choose depends on what you are asking them to do for you.

Personally, I would wait for the best, regardless of the waiting list, if the artist said they wanted to do the piece I wanted.

Quick Reply

Latest