Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0612)
    Which one are you thinking of? My friends at school went on a couple, if its the same one I can tell you what they advised me
    Thanks
    I've heard of the isc course? I have an MMI interview so ideally the interview course has to be suited to MMI

ReputationRep:
    I was told its a waste of money and just a money making business. The ISC course covers everything that is already in the book which costs only £25 from waterstones/amazon. The updated 2nd edition has a dedicated section for the MMI interview. If you go into waterstones you can browse the section and see if it suits you but tbh the book is fantastic I think you'll be wasting your money on the course.

The ace medicine course is not worth the money, it doesn't cover anything you can't find out for yourself from a good book. I had 3 interview books and the ISC book is by far the best, it covers absolutely everything apart from the recent news which you can get from the BBC website.

hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much yeah I was very sceptical indeed so I wanted to ask here

I've got the book 2nd edition isc too :yes:

ReputationRep:
    I was told that the ISC course people do not do mock interviews on the day at all. You'd be better off asking your friend or teacher to practice some mock questions and buy yourself a nice handbag or interview clothes with the money instead.

tried to rep you too but have exceeded my limit for today

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if it wrong to do hand gestures. I kind of do it naturally but ive been told to keep my hands under the table :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Does anyone know if it wrong to do hand gestures. I kind of do it naturally but ive been told to keep my hands under the table :/
    I've been told the opposite, hand gestures are good as long as you don't overdo it....personally if I keep my hands under the table, I feel too compact and more conscious/nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0612)
    I was told that the ISC course people do not do mock interviews on the day at all. You'd be better off asking your friend or teacher to practice some mock questions and buy yourself a nice handbag or interview clothes with the money instead.

tried to rep you too but have exceeded my limit for today
    Yeah I've been lucky to have mock interviews with teachers but it's traditional

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raveen789)
    Hand gestures are fine. So long as they're not rude ones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    Aha no not at all and i tend to keep them confined to my space, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miel Purple)
    I've been told the opposite, hand gestures are good as long as you don't overdo it....personally if I keep my hands under the table, I feel too compact and more conscious/nervous
    Yeah I would agree, yay I get to use them then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    LOL LOL LOL Hahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    What are the advantages of learning anatomy by dissection as opposed to prosection?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please give me some advice as to how I should go about preparing for the article section of the Barts interview?? really lost. Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nana96)
    Can someone please give me some advice as to how I should go about preparing for the article section of the Barts interview?? really lost. Thanks in advance!
    I haven't applied for Barts but, if I were you, I would prepare by:

~ Carrying out background research on the article. For example, if the article is about a certain disease, I'd make sure that I know everything about that disease including symptoms, treatment, statistics, funding for treatment, etc.

~ Reading other articles on the same/similar topic.

~ Imagining I'm the interviewer and create a list of every possible question that could be asked about the article - prepare answers for those questions.

ReputationRep:
    What medical discoveries/advancements are people using for the last 100, 75, 50, 25, 10 and 5 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoWiggles)
    What medical discoveries/advancements are people using for the last 100, 75, 50, 25, 10 and 5 years?
    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0932661.html

ReputationRep:
    Okay question: Should people who have self-inflicted diseases like liver disease from alcoholism or lung cancer from smoking, who have been told to change their behaviour to improve their health on 3 separate occasions, but have made no efforts to do so, pay for their own treatment and not on the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esta16)
    Okay question: Should people who have self-inflicted diseases like liver disease from alcoholism or lung cancer from smoking, who have been told to change their behaviour to improve their health on 3 separate occasions, but have made no efforts to do so, pay for their own treatment and not on the NHS.
    Maybe theres a reason they can't improve their health... Maybe they need support from a team who will help the patient psychologically.. You can't just refuse to treat patients because they aren't improving..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9967)
    Maybe theres a reason they can't improve their health... Maybe they need support from a team who will help the patient psychologically.. You can't just refuse to treat patients because they aren't improving..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If they have been given as much support that can be given and they have still made no effort to improve their own health and their quality of life.

ReputationRep:
    If we only have one organ and the two people have been waiting just as long for it and are in equally bad conditions, however one is 20 and one is 70. Would it be wrong to give it to the 20 year old?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 31, 2015

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.