Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyjonesx)
    Thankyou! Btw, a youtuber called NottsAst has some videos on b7 which i found quite helpful i watch them before i go to bed as last minute revision
    That's so weird I do the same. I find that watching videos before bed helps me remember more..? Idk it just sinks in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if someone has already asked this but does anyone know where I can find a B7 past paper I have already done the specimen paper and I would like to test myself again Sunday night before the exam.

Also I got 38/60 on the specimen does anyone know what sort of grade that would be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyromanoff)
    I'm not sure if someone has already asked this but does anyone know where I can find a B7 past paper I have already done the specimen paper and I would like to test myself again Sunday night before the exam.

Also I got 38/60 on the specimen does anyone know what sort of grade that would be?
    My guess, a high A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordMoonNinja)
    My guess, a high A

Posted from TSR Mobile
    woah my revision has been working, thanks )

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Krollo)
    45 for an A*, 39 (I think) for an A. Quite high.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're a lot higher than I expected :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olmyster911)
    456 was the worst I've done all season
    But you seemed to get quite a lot right! I think someone just has really high standards :rolleyes: I think I'm borderlining physics so I'm gonna sweat it out for the 7 :lol:
    How's b7 going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyricalvibe)
    They're a lot higher than I expected :eek:
    that is really high! considering a C is usually around 20 but a B is still pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else finding the ecosystems quite dull? I always disliked geography. I prefer the human biology it's way more interesting, I hope there is a question on the joints and/or the new technologies.

ReputationRep:
    But you seemed to get quite a lot right! I think someone just has really high standards :rolleyes: I think I'm borderlining physics so I'm gonna sweat it out for the 7 :lol:
    How's b7 going?
    How do you know if I got quite a lot right? Maybe I do have high standards...

Oh I'm the same. B7 is actually really good and understandable for the most part, so, pretty well. You?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else finding the ecosystems quite dull? I always disliked geography. I prefer the human biology it's way more interesting, I hope there is a question on the joints and/or the new technologies.
    Plants/ecosystems is the part of biology where everyone stops being interested and falls asleep, including myself

ReputationRep:
    Incredibly dull -_- I did some heart and negative feedback and then tried ecosystems and just wanted to give up when I reached it- so many examples!

that is really high! considering a C is usually around 20 but a B is still pretty good.
    Ikr! But then again, 1-6 boundaries are done with core and additional students as well while the 7s are just radiologists I think that's why their a bit higher and also I think bio is the easiest to 'get' so boundaries go up I really hope chemistry and physics are lower...

ReputationRep:
    How do you know if I got quite a lot right? Maybe I do have high standards...

Oh I'm the same. B7 is actually really good and understandable for the most part, so, pretty well. You?
    When discussing answers and what the majority of people put on here or and also I'm psychic and can see your results slip now saying name: olmyster
    Grades: biology A*- 100 ums I used to, then exam season started :lol:

:yep: I hate ecosystems though and still need to do the bio tech pages you?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions (grade boundaries) for the exams that we've just done?

These have been the boundaries in the past:

C123: 35-38
    C456: 41-46

P123: 36-40
    P456: 33-39

B123: 41-44
    B456: 35-39

ReputationRep:
    When discussing answers and what the majority of people put on here or and also I'm psychic and can see your results slip now saying name: olmyster
    Grades: biology A*- 100 ums I used to, then exam season started :lol:

:yep: I hate ecosystems though and still need to do the bio tech pages you?
    I really hope you're right xD Science & Spanish are the only things I continue to have standards in

Yup, ecosystems drag it down. I'm on blood sugar at the moment but I want all my notes done by tonight. Shouldn't take long if I limit procrastination!

ReputationRep:
    I really hope you're right xD Science & Spanish are the only things I continue to have standards in

Yup, ecosystems drag it down. I'm on blood sugar at the moment but I want all my notes done by tonight. Shouldn't take long if I limit procrastination!
    I don't understand revision through note takin :s do you copy it down and the at helps it stick or..?

That bit wasn't to bad and I got a YouTube video explaining it with a cartoon kinda thing(more like diagrams) I hope that's a 6 marker
    Get off here then -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    Does anyone have any predictions (grade boundaries) for the exams that we've just done?

These have been the boundaries in the past:

C123: 35-38
    C456: 41-46

P123: 36-40
    P456: 33-39

B123: 41-44
    B456: 35-39
    What do you think?
    These are my guesses

I'm hoping like 10 but 34

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand revision through note takin :s do you copy it down and the at helps it stick or..?

That bit wasn't to bad and I got a YouTube video explaining it with a cartoon kinda thing(more like diagrams) I hope that's a 6 marker
    Get off here then -_-
    Yeah I write it in brief notes and highlight important words, and include diagrams. More than anything typing it up helps because it goes into my memory.

Nah it's gooood. No, the TSR force is too powerful sorry

ReputationRep:
    I'd estimate the boundaries to be lower for the specimen. 38 on the specimen would probably be a mid-to-high A, at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you think?
    These are my guesses

I'm hoping like 10 but 34

I'd agree. C123 may be slightly higher. P123 could be a little lower. Otherwise my predictions are the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Plants/ecosystems is the part of biology where everyone stops being interested and falls asleep, including myself
    agreed B4 was a treck with all those plants and leafs...

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.