Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!
    Anyone for Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry? I'm already in Manchester looking for the job.. anyone in the city?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katrina1)
    I have a conditional offer for English Lit and German (I really, really hope I get into Manchester!) I applied for accommodation at Ashburne, Dalton-ellis and St. Gabriels. I'm not really fussed about the room, so long as it's catered (can't cook to save my life, haha). As I only live about 40 minutes away, I already know the area, I'll still be sort of close to home, but not too close, and it won't take long for me to get there. I don't know anyone else who's going to Manchester, though, so it'll be almost completely new to me
    I'm from Portugal and already hold a confirmed place at the university of Manchester to study Philosophy. I'm staying at Asburne too It is a mixed hall, right? I'm feeling a bit lost

ReputationRep:
    Had to phone student finance as they kept getting my course wrong - apparently the course code isn't on their database (even though they can see I'm putting in the right one from Manchester's website). Does anyone know which number I have to phone to contact the university and ask them to update the database?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beatriz_philo)
    I'm from Portugal and already hold a confirmed place at the university of Manchester to study Philosophy. I'm staying at Asburne too It is a mixed hall, right? I'm feeling a bit lost
    As far as I know it is a mixed hall, but only in a few of the wings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _JakeConnor)
    Hey, got a conditional offer of ABB to study Philosophy, anyone else? Also applied for Oak House, heard it's a good place to live but don't know when to move in?
    Hey! I already hold a place for Philosophy, so we will be "classmates" I was told we can move in to halls on the 11th of September at 10 a.m

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know it is a mixed hall, but only in a few of the wings
    Ok, thanks a lot for your help

ReputationRep:
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subject_delta)
    Electronic Engineering anyone?
    YES! MEng with year in industry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Can'tTurnLeft)
    YES! MEng with year in industry
    I think I'm on BEng with Y.I.I but you can change so that's what I'm definitely going to be doing. What halls are you in, or do you not know yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subject_delta)
    I think I'm on BEng with Y.I.I but you can change so that's what I'm definitely going to be doing. What halls are you in, or do you not know yet?
    I've only firmed it, so haven't got a halls offer yet. If things go to plan though, Oak House please....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Can'tTurnLeft)
    I've only firmed it, so haven't got a halls offer yet. If things go to plan though, Oak House please....
    I'm on the City campus, Wright Robinson. Being able to roll out of bed into the lecture theatre is gonna be pretty nice.

ReputationRep:
    Is it ok to arrive at Manchester at 12th of September or I will be late for the orientation day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Quantum)
    Is it ok to arrive at Manchester at 12th of September or I will be late for the orientation day?
    I think it's alright, there are formal apresentation on the 12th and 13th as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HaQ_mAn_)
    Hey I'm gonna be at Beech court aswell
    I'll probably see you in September then, what day are you arriving? I'd like to come as early as possible but with working parents I doubt I'll arrive before the Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidharthb)
    Hey Michaela,
    I'm going to be studying Management, and got an offer to Canterbury court too! It was my third preference though. Have you heard anything about how good/bad it is?

Regards, Sidharth!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey there Sidharth!

Sorry for the late reply..didn't have wifi access for a while
    Turns out I'll be staying at Oak House in the end...I emailed the accom office and they changed it Heard Canterbury is lovely though, I'm sure you'll like it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theconorra)
    I'll probably see you in September then, what day are you arriving? I'd like to come as early as possible but with working parents I doubt I'll arrive before the Saturday.
    Hey I dnt really know yet, gonna take the train though. I'll inbox you

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Does anybody know how to order a bedding pack? I'm staying at Ashburne Hall
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No problem
    Ashburne, according to the accommodation FAQ on this forum, is all female in the undergraduate part of the hall. There is a small, mixed postgraduate block.

ReputationRep:
    when do we get our login details to access the university's network? cos i wanna buy a laptop using a student discount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William Turtle)
    Ashburne, according to the accommodation FAQ on this forum, is all female in the undergraduate part of the hall. There is a small, mixed postgraduate block.
    I'm now on the Ashburne Hall on facebook and there also boys there, so I don't know... Will do when I get there, I guess

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.