Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L01)
    Quite disappointed with my results this year got 4Bs and a C in higher maths which I am gutted about! Does anyone know if it's possible to still get into engineering at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Difficult, most want an A or at least a B in Maths, but have a look at Napier. Resit if you can. There is always a way, resist, college course first ... It might just take you a little bit longer that's all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeandadamsmum)
    Difficult, most want an A or at least a B in Maths, but have a look at Napier. Resit if you can. There is always a way, resist, college course first ... It might just take you a little bit longer that's all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Resit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im finished S5 and I am wanting to study medicine:

Int 2 Spanish A
    Int 2 Biology A
    Standard grade Chemistry 1
    Standard grade Physics 2
    Standard grade English 2
    Standard Grade Maths 2
    Standard Grade Drama 2
    Standard Grade Business Management 2

Higher Maths C
    Higher Business Management C
    Higher Biology C
    Higher Physics C
    Higher Chemistry C

I'm so gutted and devastated with my Higher Results this Year utterly heart broken, i've dreamed of doing medicine and nothing else that's all i think about no other alternative course. Do you Know what i can do now i.e next steps or any routes i can take to do medicine if so please tell me i really need your guys help much appreciated.

What subjects should i do in sixth year based on these results, so any routes or next steps that i need to take in order to do medicine could you please tell me thank you
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHD7726)
    Thankyou so much you've really helped me, is it possible that i could get a different result when the post arrives, there have been in the past incorrect results given to people on the sqa emails.

anyway thankyou so much if things work out and i do in the future study medicine i will thankyou and owe you one big time cheers
    That's very lovely of you to have let us know.

You never know, there could have been a mix up - but there is absolutely no way of knowing until you have the post in your hand.

ReputationRep:
    I've just received my SQA Higher results...

4 A's and a B

The B was in Chemistry and I want to study Medicine. Is this me out of the picture now or is there a chance I can still get in? I've been wanting to study medicine since I was 13.

I'm taking 3 Advanced Highers in S6 - Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Borderer)
    I've just received my SQA Higher results...

4 A's and a B

The B was in Chemistry and I want to study Medicine. Is this me out of the picture now or is there a chance I can still get in? I've been wanting to study medicine since I was 13.

I'm taking 3 Advanced Highers in S6 - Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

Thanks
    Not at all - this ultimately depends on the offer they give you. And if you are taking Advanced Higher in Chemistry as well, and you get an A for that, then that should show them that you are more than capable!

You can check here for the medical courses and what kind of grades they are looking for!

Hope this helps, and really well done with those results - you should be really happy!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im finished S5 and I am wanting to study medicine:

Int 2 Spanish A
    Int 2 Biology A
    Standard grade Chemistry 1
    Standard grade Physics 2
    Standard grade English 2
    Standard Grade Maths 2
    Standard Grade Drama 2
    Standard Grade Business Management 2

Higher Maths C
    Higher Business Management C
    Higher Biology C
    Higher Physics C
    Higher Chemistry C

I'm so gutted and devastated with my Higher Results this Year utterly heart broken, i've dreamed of doing medicine and nothing else that's all i think about no other alternative course. Do you Know what i can do now i.e next steps or any routes i can take to do medicine if so please tell me i really need your guys help much appreciated.

What subjects should i do in sixth year based on these results, so any routes or next steps that i need to take in order to do medicine could you please tell me thank you.

Hoping to study in Sixth year Advance Biology, Advance Chemistry And Higher Computing i asked them can i do advanced biology and chemistry they said yes if i had got a C or Higher in Both, me i could get A in advance Biology, B in advanced Chemistry and A in higher computing and them maybe could i be accepted to an access to medicine or even medicine course? please help me

ReputationRep:
    Just got my results and i really am slightly disappointed

Adv Higher History- B
    Adv Higher Mod Studs- C
    Higher English- B
    Higher R.M.P.S- C
    Social Science Baccalaureate- Pass
    Interdisciplinary Project- C

I really am shocked at the B in English and History and i am incredibly gutted with the C in Modern Studies as i worked very hard and i also achieved an A in the prelim with 88%.

Not sure what the plan now is.. I have a place at St Andrews for the next year to take some modules for reapplying 2015 and i will probably have to take that as im sure no university would let me in with my grades of BC ABCC. I want to study history.

ReputationRep:
    Generic message to all.

If you have done well, great, good to know that you can fulfil what you want. I was fortunate enough to be one of these people.

If you haven't done so well, please, don't worry. Qualifications are fairly meaningless in the long run with grit, determination and passion, you can achieve what you want. Some of the thickest people I know come from University, some of the brightest those who never got their, or went to much demeaned polytechnics.

Not to mention moral conscience. If you have passion and desire to help society and people, you will find a way. This will merely be an obstacle.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala4)
    Just got my results and i really am slightly disappointed

Adv Higher History- B
    Adv Higher Mod Studs- C
    Higher English- B
    Higher R.M.P.S- C
    Social Science Baccalaureate- Pass
    Interdisciplinary Project- C

I really am shocked at the B in English and History and i am incredibly gutted with the C in Modern Studies as i worked very hard and i also achieved an A in the prelim with 88%.

Not sure what the plan now is.. I have a place at St Andrews for the next year to take some modules for reapplying 2015 and i will probably have to take that as im sure no university would let me in with my grades of BC ABCC. I want to study history.
    Well done on your results, I will quote She-Ra in here as I feel she would be better to help you!

(Original post by She-Ra)
    FAO

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for results

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebells60)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww I hope you get them soon! Fingers crossed for you, what are you hoping for?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unlucky mate - should be within about an hour though - did you stay up all night waiting?
    Best of luck for when they come and let us know how they go!

ReputationRep:
    No, I woke up at 5:10 to wait for them and the results are still not here yet... :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airess3)
    No, I woke up at 5:10 to wait for them and the results are still not here yet... :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats really annoying - sorry about that. Well hopefully within the hour! What are you hoping to get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Unlucky mate - should be within about an hour though - did you stay up all night waiting?
    Best of luck for when they come and let us know how they go!
    No, I woke up at 5:10 am to wait for them and the results are still not here yet... :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They should be with you soon :yes:
    Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    I Got AAAAAA, which i am delighted with considering my prelims were not great and i actually failed the maths prelim, I honestly had no idea this was coming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She-Ra)
    Hello you,

How many points away are you? What was your offer? Track will open at 9 so there isn't much you can do until then.

How are you feeling about your insurance choice? Sorry so many questions - we'll do our best to help you
    Hi,

My highest offer was ABBCC and my lowest was BBC. I've landed with BCFF, I don't know how. I had thought I absolutely aced the Adv.Higher Computing due it feeling so easy this year, I am so so gutted right now. Also, Higher Maths? I would thought I AT LEAST got a C in it, I don't even know why, my parents paid £30 for tutoring TWICE a week from October, this is just so so so so bad.[/QUOTE]
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MartinDUFC)
    I Got AAAAAA, which i am delighted with considering my prelims were not great and i actually failed the maths prelim, I honestly had no idea this was coming.
    WOW - that's incredible. You should be so happy and proud of yourself!!!!
    I'm really glad for you! Congratulations!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.