Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbg001)
    Hey guys! UCL is having an open day for some economics (L100) applicants tomorrow! Is anyone here going?
    Yep

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! UCL is having an open day for some economics (L100) applicants tomorrow! Is anyone here going?
    Cba for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im coming

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what we are doing at the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Does anyone know what we are doing at the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    in the email it says there is a presentation and then we get a tour around UCL and an opportunity to discuss the course with UCL students and staff.

ReputationRep:
    in the email it says there is a presentation and then we get a tour around UCL and an opportunity to discuss the course with UCL students and staff.
    Ah okay cool. Am I right in saying that it basically is an offer? Like I can relax a bit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Ah okay cool. Am I right in saying that it basically is an offer? Like I can relax a bit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure... I have heard stories that people get "informal interviews" sprung on them at these open days, although I have no idea whether that is true...
    I'm basically just gonna read the news tonight, skim over my AS notes and just read through the course in the prospectus again just in case!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure... I have heard stories that people get "informal interviews" sprung on them at these open days, although I have no idea whether that is true...
    I'm basically just gonna read the news tonight, skim over my AS notes and just read through the course in the prospectus again just in case!
    If there is an informal interview I doubt it'd be anything that could make us lose our offers aha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol guys chill. There's no informal interview. I attended one of these last year, the whole day is essentially them selling UCL to you and trying to convince you on how they're better than Oxbridge/LSE to get people to firm them instead.

It's totally worth going, to see whether UCL is right for you if you're thinking of firming/insuring them.

ReputationRep:
    I've been preparing for Cambridge so I should be okay. No doubt that is just complacency and I'll screw up haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the open day too! How should we dress? Dont wanna be overdressed if it is really an open day and dont wanna be underdressed if there are actually interviews...
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArseneWenger)
    I'm going to the open day too! How should we dress? Dont wanna be overdressed if it is really an open day and dont wanna be underdressed if there are actually interviews...
    Thanks!
    I was thinking jeans & nice jumper (smart casual thing) but idk... What is everyone else wearing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danialani_)
    unconditional offer from Birmingham ehehehehehe 🎉🎉
    Well done! If you don't mind can you tell me your gcse's, as results and predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what are people wearing to their Cambridge/oxford interviews?

ReputationRep:
    ye, just won our Target 2.0 regional heat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    what are people wearing to their Cambridge/oxford interviews?
    I was thinking something I'd normally wear to sixth form so skirt, shirt etc but not a suit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Heard from durham today so I now have 4 offers and an interview at cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Heard from durham today so I now have 4 offers and an interview at cambridge

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow I still have to apply.
    Well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Well done! If you don't mind can you tell me your gcse's, as results and predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!
    My GCSEs were 2A*s, 7As and 2Bs
    My AS Results were AABB
    And my A2 Predictions are A*AA

ReputationRep:
    How many people have received offers from Warwick? I'm getting so worried now!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.