700-749
    23.45%
    750-799
    5.31%
    > 800
    8.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzy Foot)
    Thinking of applying for the GEP at St George's for either 2016 or 2017 entry.

Is it true they interview everyone that satisfies the minimum entry requirements including GAMSAT scores? If so does that mean the overall acceptance rate is incredibly small?

What sort of work experience will they be looking for? I did voluntary work at a local hospice for more than ten years before moving away for postgraduate study.

I'm a mature student so would I be considered "too old" to obtain work experience at a local hospital etc? A family friend of mine is a GP and my own GP has kindly agreed to let me shadow him once I return to the UK. I'm currently based in the US. Would any sort of voluntary work here be considered relevant?

How long should I spend studying for the GAMSAT?

Really keen on St George's given its history and location. Rugby team isn't too bad either.
    I know for undergrad they interview everyone who meets the minimum, it might be the same for post grad. I don't think you will be considered too old, your age should not be a problem - just speak to your local hospital for work experience. I think any work experience in a caring environment is good - have you considered care homes?
    Your voluntary work in the US will be relevant, as because it will be different to things people have done here, it should be good to talk about at your interview.
    Hope this is helpful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ac05)
    Is st georges pbl, lectures or a combination of both
    It's both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ac05)
    Interview next Thursday, any advice?
    Stay calm, arrive early, make sure all your paper work is ready

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanishasharma)
    Stay calm, arrive early, make sure all your paper work is ready
    Have you had yours? If you have, what do you do before the interview begins? Is it 8 x 5 minutes of mmi?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is too! What time is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wbif)
    Mine is too! What time is yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine is 11 next thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ac05)
    Mine is 11 next thursday
    Me too! How are you feeling for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wbif)
    Me too! How are you feeling for it?
    Cool! Quite nervous, this is my last chance for an offer, got any tips on what to practice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ac05)
    Cool! Quite nervous, this is my last chance for an offer, got any tips on what to practice?
    People who've had interviews are saying that there weren't any 'surprise' questions so I'm going to mainly practice more traditional interview questions
    I'm worried by the fact that each station is five minutes long, I'm usually pretty concise with my answers, so I'll probably have a lot of silence haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wbif)
    People who've had interviews are saying that there weren't any 'surprise' questions so I'm going to mainly practice more traditional interview questions
    I'm worried by the fact that each station is five minutes long, I'm usually pretty concise with my answers, so I'll probably have a lot of silence haha
    Thanks and good luck to you! I'm sure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ac05)
    Interview next Thursday, any advice?
    Make sure you are not late. I think 4 people were on my interview day. 1 missed the interview :O
    idk what happened after that but it cant be good

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain the difference between CBL and PBL
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    How many students are there in a year for medicine at SGUL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Athena97)
    How many students are there in a year for medicine at SGUL?
    Around 140-150 if I remember correctly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    Make sure you are not late. I think 4 people were on my interview day. 1 missed the interview :O
    idk what happened after that but it cant be good
    Yeah there was a guy that was late on my day as well - wasn't even apologetic! I would have been mortified if I had to walk in late, even though it was just to the pre-interview talk! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Is there a facebook page for offer holders?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MollyMcFly1)
    Yeah there was a guy that was late on my day as well - wasn't even apologetic! I would have been mortified if I had to walk in late, even though it was just to the pre-interview talk! :eek:
    I think I was the first there for my session - like nearly 1.5 hours early XD
    Idk how people are able to do it tbh.

When do you think we will get a reply? I thinks all replies will come out on one day (that happened for dec. offers I think)... I'm not sure when though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    Around 140-150 if I remember correctly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought there was an increase.
    I heard that SG halved their GEM intake and increased the A100 intake by a bit. *dont quote me on this*

ReputationRep:
    I thought there was an increase.
    I heard that SG halved their GEM intake and increased the A100 intake by a bit. *dont quote me on this*
    Thats completely possible, I'm just basing it on previous years.

ReputationRep:
    I think I was the first there for my session - like nearly 1.5 hours early XD
    Idk how people are able to do it tbh.

When do you think we will get a reply? I thinks all replies will come out on one day (that happened for dec. offers I think)... I'm not sure when though.
    What do you do before the session starts?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.