Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    should I visualise 3d vectors in 2d? Would it still work??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maham88)
    here
    wow, ive never had to use sina +sinb before as ive only been doing edexcel papers till now, thankyou, really appreciate that! do you think thatll come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moniii16081997)
    Need help on part d
    what have you tried?

btw you can screenshot on a mac using command-shift-4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AffirmedCube)
    Obviously in parts (e.g.- (a) (b), etc.). Nonetheless, I'd say this is pretty feasible. Considering vectors has come up frequently, knowing Edexcel I'd say it won't make up as much of the paper as it has previously (or so I secretly hope cos vectors iz not good)... But we'll never know, I guess lol.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    P.S.- We meet again lol. Biology, chemistry, maths ftw! 2 more days till freedom XD
    haha!! yeah man can't wait for this to be over! Edexcel and their unpredictable nature!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ember8)
    wow, ive never had to use sina +sinb before as ive only been doing edexcel papers till now, thankyou, really appreciate that! do you think thatll come up?
    no problem , i actually dont know if it would come ive havent seen any questions like this . At least you know how to do it now

ReputationRep:
    Need help on part dAttachment 429189

Posted from TSR Mobile
    think dot product

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bustamove)
    UCL for economics
    A* emphasis on maths... I've definitely not met that criteria..
    I can only hope that I get AAA and a very high UMS in maths.. maybe they'll still take me...
    Ah, yeah, UCL specifically ask for maths.
    I suppose with the C3 exam being the way it was, they'll be somewhat lenient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincentjack)
    what have you tried?

btw you can screenshot on a mac using command-shift-4
    I know that OD. AB = 0
    And I made the line which passes through AB = OD. I equated the coefficients of i, j, and k.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    UCL for economics
    A* emphasis on maths... I've definitely not met that criteria..
    I can only hope that I get AAA and a very high UMS in maths.. maybe they'll still take me...
    I got UCL economics as well as my firm!

You sitting S4 as well by any chance? I got that first then c4 :/ gonna probs die after tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    would they ask us to prove the parts formula?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)

You sitting S4 as well by any chance? I got that first then c4 :/ gonna probs die after tomorrow

no sorry good luck on your exams tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maham88)
    no problem , i actually dont know if it would come ive havent seen any questions like this . At least you know how to do it now
    so if it was say cos3xsinx, or sin3xsinx, what would the formula look like? as in, is it always sina +sinb?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0PEL3SS)
    Ah, yeah, UCL specifically ask for maths.
    I suppose with the C3 exam being the way it was, they'll be somewhat lenient.
    tbh, that C3 exam wasn't that hard... I don't know what came over me in the exam... maybe it was lack of sleep or something, but after comparing my answers with Arseys.. I made some ridiculous stupid mistakes... I know the grade boundaries for an A will be somewhere between June 13 -14... I don't think it will fall that much from june 2014 tbh... Arsey predicts 57 ums for an A.. I pray that his prediction is correct...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have a guide or a way of thinking on how to tackle differential equations? When I've started them I'm fine I just find it hard to know where to start? Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)

Cool offer!

Last year, I had S4 straight after D1. Slightly less taxing than S4/C4 combined, but I feel your pain.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't done the question but could you not also find the angle between OD and OC using the answer from part c? Just a suggestion i dont know if it would help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Usually shouldn't be a problem; if it's only lines you don't really need to visualise cos it's all algebra
    If it's a geometrical question they always focus on a single plane for 2d shapes anyway so you can draw a 2d diagram and think of everything in 2d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    It should yes; either way it's much more effective than trying to use mental maths lol. Also, if something seems not right with your diagram, you can prob look at your data and kind of figure out what's wrong.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The coordinates of D satisfy two equations
    The general equation of the line and the appropriate dot product = 0

ReputationRep:
    tbh, that C3 exam wasn't that hard... I don't know what came over me in the exam... maybe it was lack of sleep or something, but after comparing my answers with Arseys.. I made some ridiculous stupid mistakes... I know the grade boundaries for an A will be somewhere between June 13 -14... I don't think it will fall that much from june 2014 tbh... Arsey predicts 57 ums for an A.. I pray that his prediction is correct...
    I hope so too

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.