Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR A2 CHEMISTRY F324 and F325- 14th and 22nd June 2016- OFFICIAL THREAD watch

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=anndz3007;65764899]
    (Original post by maisym00)
    I wasn't sure on that one, but I put steric acid which is saturated because you couldn't know whether the other two were trans

Saturated is good tho ._.
    Since when has saturated fat been good for you ahha, oh well it's done now

ReputationRep:
    Highest it's ever been for an A* is 55/60 in January 2013. Do you think it'll be higher than this year?

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was pretty decent no nasty nmrs I put the only saturated fat as the heart disease on because they were all naturally occurring it said and trans fats arn't naturally occurring meaning the two with double bonds are unsaturated and therefore must have been the saturated one right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollyht)
    Thought it was pretty decent no nasty nmrs I put the only saturated fat as the heart disease on because they were all naturally occurring it said and trans fats arn't naturally occurring meaning the two with double bonds are unsaturated and therefore must have been the saturated one right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Read that question wrong

In tears right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyk5)
    i put the c=o on the 2nd carbon
    Don think it could have been a straight line coz there was 5 carbons but only 4 carbon environments so I did 4 in a row then a methyl group on end and Ketone on 2nd carbon

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR121)
    Guys for the ketone on the last question was it 5 carbons in a row then the c=o on the middle carbon ?
    That would give 3 carbon environments. The spectra showed 4 environments. I got that it was a ketone but not the same structure as you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollyht)
    Don think it could have been a straight line coz there was 5 carbons but only 4 carbon environments so I did 4 in a row then a methyl group on end and Ketone on 2nd carbon

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Methyl group on the end carbon is the same as a 5 carbon straight chain. Did you mean methyl on the second to last carbon?

ReputationRep:
    CH3CHOHCH(CH3)2 is the answer, i believe

ReputationRep:
    Not sure it was as easy as January 2013 but definitely one of the easiest they have set. Fingers crossed 60/60 for me, suspect I may not have written enough on the stitching question to get all 3 marks though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grannyG)
    CH3CHOHCH(CH3)2 is the answer, i believe
    Damn it! i dont think i related my structure to the 13C NMR

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=maisym00;65764987]
    (Original post by anndz3007)

Since when has saturated fat been good for you ahha, oh well it's done now
    Sorry i was thinking cis in my head, well i may mess it up then, there was 17 c in sat.. acid and 15 C in the other 2 right, i think your answer may be right then

ReputationRep:
    That was a fairly pleasant exam, just the three marker on PLA had me thinking. 2.66g for the yield question anyone? And molar mass of the carboxylic acid was 74, so I presumed it was C2H5COOH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rory58824)
    That was a fairly pleasant exam, just the three marker on PLA had me thinking. 2.66g for the yield question anyone? And molar mass of the carboxylic acid was 74, so I presumed it was C2H5COOH
    What question about PLA was that?? And i got the same as you, ketone was like 4 straight C with a methyl group right ?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i got that for the yield, and also got 74. I think i may have messed up on the structure of the ketone and then because of that the structure of the ester

ReputationRep:
    ohhh why on earth did i get 2.61g nooooo ((((((

Do you think you'd get error carried forward for the CNMR boxes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anndz3007)
    What question about PLA was that?? And i got the same as you, ketone was like 4 straight C with a methyl group right ?
    Something to do with why it dissolves, I began talking about blood but I think that's wrong. The ketone was 4 straight carbons with a methyl group in there as well if I can remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5824)
    Do you think you'd get error carried forward for the CNMR boxes?
    hopefully...

ReputationRep:
    what was that thing for lactic acid in bacteria/by chemical synthesis? i said something about getting a pure product rather than a mixture of products...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=anndz3007;65765199]
    (Original post by maisym00)

Sorry i was thinking cis in my head, well i may mess it up then, there was 17 c in sat.. acid and 15 C in the other 2 right, i think your answer may be right then
    Don't worry about it, it was only 1 mark 😀

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 26, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.