ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    It's hardly expensive...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Costs more than a pint though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    I'm working hard, I'm growing my wealth steadily, and when my book app takes off I'll be a millionaire
    When your book app takes off a million will buy you two pints of milk and a loaf of bread.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    When your book app takes off a million will buy you two pints of milk and a loaf of bread.
    It's all about the aspiration though, think of all the people that have an idea or two but don't follow through. Even if it doesn't go well, there'll be another idea, and then another one. All it takes is one break, that's all that's needed. Keep working hard at what you're doing and it will pay off, that's the philosophy.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Costs more than a pint though.
    So do most things, 14 pints and 2.5l of wine for instance, there might be two free Tory seats this time tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    So do most things, 14 pints and 2.5l of wine for instance, there might be two free Tory seats this time tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've got an 11 hour shift tomorrow so I doubt that I'll be going out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    I get 10% off in student shop because of coop discount... Definitely worth the £13 for the card, so not going to complain on that front.

Everything else - yep, I'll complain
    Most uni cards will have their symbol on, you don't need to pay extra for the discounts.

Also the Co-Op is still probably more than 10% more expensive anyway. Not to mention funding the Labour Party.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Most uni cards will have their symbol on, you don't need to pay extra for the discounts.

Also the Co-Op is still probably more than 10% more expensive anyway. Not to mention funding the Labour Party.
    Ours don't...

Yeh I know, and most the food tastes absolutely ****... but it's what our SU shop use, and when I really can't be assed to walk to the Tesco 10% off is better than nothing...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ours don't...

Yeh I know, and most the food tastes absolutely ****... but it's what our SU shop use, and when I really can't be assed to walk to the Tesco 10% off is better than nothing...
    The thing is, dear boy, that we live in a wondrous age of invention. Thus we have these new fangled automobiles, some even powered directly using electricity such is the wonder of the day, that means that one no longer is required to go to the market oneself, or even half to send a servant on one's behalf; in fact it is possible to engage in communications with such "super" markets and they shall use these new fangled automobiles to bring all their goods and wares to you instead. Isn't it all rather marvelous?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    The thing is, dear boy, that we live in a wondrous age of invention. Thus we have these new fangled automobiles, some even powered directly using electricity such is the wonder of the day, that means that one no longer is required to go to the market oneself, or even half to send a servant on one's behalf; in fact it is possible to engage in communications with such "super" markets and they shall use these new fangled automobiles to bring all their goods and wares to you instead. Isn't it all rather marvelous?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Since when did this absolutely incredible invention happen??
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Since when did this absolutely incredible invention happen??
    One is not certain of the date of the amalgamation of these ideas, however it must certainly rank highly in the great innovations of our lifetime.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Most members are not members because they want the discounts, they're members because they have not opted out, either because they cannot be bothered, do not know how, or do not know they are even a member in the first place. And a low turnout via a OMOV system is more Democratic and will likely avoid such issues where absolute morons and extremists are elected, or at least maybe slightly less moronic and extreme

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not at all convinced that anyone less radical or extremist, to use your terms, would be elected, I just think the contest would be much messier and chaotic and that you would end up with the views of some colleges and universities completely ignored, or made redundant because they are so much smaller than other colleges and unis. I don't disagree it is more democratic under OMOV however, I just think in such an organisation, with the massive issues it has internally that it could work.

Also my comment on being a member was about those who pay up for the membership cards, you are correct however yeah.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Is there an app for making an app? Because if not, then i might have another idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Is there an app for making an app? Because if not, then i might have another idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You don't even know how to make an app, let alone an app to make an app... And not that I'm aware of... There are online sites which can help, but they're only good for simple apps really, otherwise it just requires coding etc... I don't know who would really use an app to make an app (if you're talking about mobile app...), because it would be very fiddly on a mobile...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You don't even know how to make an app, let alone an app to make an app... And not that I'm aware of... There are online sites which can help, but they're only good for simple apps really, otherwise it just requires coding etc... I don't know who would really use an app to make an app (if you're talking about mobile app...), because it would be very fiddly on a mobile...
    I dont even know how to make an app.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's MIT App Inventor, for android, which you can do on your computer.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by jamestg)
    There's MIT App Inventor, for android, which you can do on your computer.
    Have you ever used the google chrome one before??

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever used the google chrome one before??
    I haven't, is it any good?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I haven't, is it any good?
    Not sure, that's why I was asking too
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Not sure, that's why I was asking too
    Its not that good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Just thinking that's if Charles Becomes King and Camillia becomes " Queen Consort " then the republican movement in the UK will Increase Dramatically considering they are the most hated members of the Royal family..... So I say when the Queen Sadly passes away or she steps down ( which is very unlikely) Charles should Refuse and William and Kate should Rule using their divine right

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.