Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkkingstie)
    Barclays offer lads, the very next day after the interview, love their prompt approach..

from UCL btw
    Congrats, did they tell you when is the spring week taking place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkkingstie)
    Barclays offer lads, the very next day after the interview, love their prompt approach..

from UCL btw
    Nice, was it just an email confirmation yes? I don't think there is a way of seeing a 'view communications' or anything like that for their portal.

ReputationRep:
    Some people have gotten CS spring offer since july

ReputationRep:
    Have never posted here, but I'm also in the process of applying for spring weeks.

I think I have completely screwed up my Barclays online interview. Speaking to a laptop without anybody listening (e.g. Skype) just felt too weird and I couldn't express myself properly. I kept getting stuck at every question .-.

ReputationRep:
    Probably an odd question but anyway... How do you dress for the video interview haha?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DreiFizzy)
    Some people have gotten CS spring offer since july
    They don't start screening until December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckentauer)
    Probably an odd question but anyway... How do you dress for the video interview haha?
    Just make sure you are using at least a shirt, no blazer needed i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jker)
    Latter
    Thanks

Also have any of the applications got time limits as in once you click start and begin entering in your details you need to finish and upload your cover letter by a certain point
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jker)
    Latter
    I already applied to BlackRock a few weeks ago, it is already closed. They had also an online video interview..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trader07)
    I already applied to BlackRock a few weeks ago, it is already closed. They had also an online video interview..
    I can confirm this is 100% BS.

I went to a Blackrock event two weeks ago and their Head of EMEA recruiting confirmed themself their Spring programme is not open yet.

And they are not reviewing applications till February.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by busman21)
    i can confirm this is 100% bs.

I went to a blackrock event two weeks ago and their head of emea recruiting confirmed themself their spring programme is not open yet.

And they are not reviewing applications till february.
    Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  370.3 KB
    100% bs?

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  370.3 KB
    100% bs?
    My bad, you're obviously not talking BS. But that makes no sense for me, two weeks ago they said they're opening in the next couple of weeks (i.e I guess around now).

Find it hard to believe their 2017 Spring is already shut.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jker)
    I still honestly can't believe their whole process is application -> video interview -> offer.
    It is a weird process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckentauer)
    The provider recommends you dress as if you were going to a face to face interview.

ReputationRep:
    can i just ask those of you who are currently getting interviews and/or offers can you give a little insight to like what uni/course you study? also like are you in that kind of crowd already? also how strong is your educational background?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BusMan21)
    My bad, you're obviously not talking BS. But that makes no sense for me, two weeks ago they said they're opening in the next couple of weeks (i.e I guess around now).

Find it hard to believe their 2017 Spring is already shut.
    It was quite hard to find. I had luck, but that doesn´t matter anyway, because I pretty screwed up the video interview, because it wasn´t clear to me that it was one, like you can see in the picture it said "virtual cover letter", so I thought I only have to fill in some things and when I realized that it is an video interview it was too late to go back and I was totally unprepared and didn´t heard back since.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usualsuspects)
    Did someone manage to solve the problem which prevents you from adding the cover letter to Citi and completing your application? Shall I write to support?
    I have written to support and got no helpful response, but probably good if you also try anyway..

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how important Situational Judgement tests are compared to numerical reasoning and verbal/non-verbal reasoning tests??

ReputationRep:
    I can confirm BlackRock had their spring insight programme applications opened for a very short period of time few weeks ago. I think it was only opened for a day (i think it was a technical error) as they asked you before you opened application the following: Are you set to graduate in 2017? So i thought it is a typo since they just opened so i did not apply and wanted to apply the next day and it was closed already.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    This isn't true, they opened it initially for a bit but they will re-open it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.