Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenusername)
    Me too. Specially the graphical simultaneous one, and i didn't even try the last one lol
    Haha I can feel your pain, oh well, the calculator paper probably might be more merciful

ReputationRep:
    Correct!
    (Original post by ithinkitslily)
    how did people do the second construction question? the one where it had point P and you needed to make the perpendicular bisect of it and the line or whatever

Correct.

the first part of the question was reflection, and the second part was rotating anticlockwise.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've seen that from Instagram but how did he(or you ) get a copy of the paper to be giving out answers?????

ReputationRep:
    Q4 expand and simplify is 10 + m

Q6 is 54

ReputationRep:
    That paper was SO BEAUTIFUL :banana::banana::banana:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    No, that's all you need for the 3 marks.
    okay cool, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chassan)
    for question 15, I only compared the interquartile range and median (with evidence and data from the box plot)..would I only get 2 out of 3 marks?
    Yeah I would imagine so. DW though 2 marks is better than nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zczashx)
    I think that i got 78 (lowest possible mark) how much more would i need for an A*? and grade boundary predictions?
    In the 2013 and 2014 papers, the grade boundaries were around 165/200 for an A*. 2015 was considerably lower at 155/200 so I think this paper might be around 160/200, judging on how most people found it...that's what I'm hoping for!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know I've asked a similar question before but I think I got around 86/88 in this paper and I just want to ensure that it's possible for me to get an A* as I really want it. Could someone please confirm this, Do you think I'd be fine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ax can.m)
    Yeah I've seen that from Instagram but how did he(or you ) get a copy of the paper to be giving out answers?????
    A kid probably didnt turn up for the exam, or s/he just scanned the copy and filled it in.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry mate, 63 would be 'B' unless u do 100% in calculator one. QUOTE=MrJamerJamer;65207701]You would basically need full marks on the calc and to pray for low boundarys.[/QUOTE]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Brown)
    Q4 expand and simplify is 10 + m

Q6 is 54
    Q4 is -5+10

and Q6 is 90, 54 is the amount of females, they wanted to total amount of people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    My solution to the last question:

yep, brilliantly done :clap2::clap2: I used the same method so I feel ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milts)
    Yeah I would imagine so. DW though 2 marks is better than nothing.
    someone replied to me and said that I'd still get the three? I'm not sure. When we did it previously in class, my teacher stated to just use the median and interquartile range when comparing box plots.

How do you think you did on the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Hi, I know I've asked a similar question before but I think I got around 86/88 in this paper and I just want to ensure that it's possible for me to get an A* as I really want it. Could someone please confirm this, Do you think I'd be fine?
    You defninitely still can! Another similar performance or 90+ will most likely be an A*

ReputationRep:
    86/100 I hope.
    Xou should be 'A'.
    (Original post by hamza772000)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esra Oksuz)
    I got 68 out of 100. What grade would that be? And could I possibly get an A* with both papers combined?
    last year it was 125/200 for an A and 155/200 for an A* so you need 87 in paper 2 for an A* but last years grade boundaries were pretty low and most people found the exam quite easy, so i expect the grade boundaries will be higher this year, maybe 160 for an A* or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milts)
    yep, brilliantly done :clap2::clap2: I used the same method so I feel ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krystal16)
    You defninitely still can! Another similar performance or 90+ will most likely be an A*
    Thanks, that makes me feel better. I usually tend to better in calculator papers.

ReputationRep:
    If I got 65 on this, what would you say I need on the calculator for an A overall? (What do you think the grade boundaries will be?)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.