(Original post by vin)
    I live in the house Onee-sama abandoned
    Aik abandoned me too :cry:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Truered)
    I live in the other room :woo:
    Really? so vin-kin is not alone then I'm guessing mother didn't abandon you in a box...

ReputationRep:
    :console: Vinny-kins!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Hey AJ, how has post uni life been for you so far?

I have no aspirations, and all of the masters degrees in my subjects involve a project which I hate >_<
    Uneventful. I watch anime, search for jobs, find nothing, and repeat. That's been my life since July, and easy as it may sound I'm beginning to get bored. Jobseekers allowance alone won't pay enough for me to go back to university next year, which only adds to the annoyance. But it's not exactly a hard life, more an endless summer holiday. :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    Aik abandoned me too :cry:
    I miss aiko :sad: but she's gone home now so we shouldn't be selfish :sadnod:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by skipp)
    Maybe she's your friend, though :huff:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Uneventful. I watch anime, search for jobs, find nothing, and repeat. That's been my life since July, and easy as it may sound I'm beginning to get bored. Jobseekers allowance alone won't pay enough for me to go back to university next year, which only adds to the annoyance. But it's not exactly a hard life, more an endless summer holiday. :p:
    How/what is jobseekers like? I have a feeling I might have to apply for it, at least for a while :mmm:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Juno)
    Maybe she's your friend, though :huff:
    Juno is annoyed :sad: all this abandonment is confusing we're all a little angsty tonight it seems :emo:

That sounds kinda poetic well dark basment bongo drums poetic at least...

:pierre:

ReputationRep:
    I live in the other room :woo:
    you all left :dry:
    (Original post by skipp)
    Really? so vin-kin is not alone then I'm guessing mother didn't abandon you in a box...
    Im all alone in a big house :s: I still have my drawer though :s:
    (Original post by skipp)
    She's the one being selfish :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Vin-sama

:console:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    How/what is jobseekers like? I have a feeling I might have to apply for it, at least for a while :mmm:
    Depends how close to the job centre you live. The process itself is dead simple, you have to do at least three things a week to look for work (I try and do double that myself - it's only one thing a day with Sunday off) and keep track of what you've done in a diary thing. Then every 2 weeks you've got to go in and show it to them, and they do a job search for you there, and within 10 minutes you're done.

All this is made more time consuming by the fact that I have to walk for an hour to get a bus, which takes a further half hour to arrive in town, finally getting there ~40 minutes early; then I have to wait ages for the bus back and do the whole journey again in reverse. Stupid buses. Stupid Porthmadog. Stupid house in the middle of nowhere. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    job hunting can be a right *****:console:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by vin)
    you all left :dry:

Im all alone in a big house :s: I still have my drawer though :s:

She's the one being selfish :cry2:
    :console: :sad:
    it'll be alright vin....
    onee-sama couldn't look after you forever

here have some cake: :cake:
    :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Depends how close to the job centre you live. The process itself is dead simple, you have to do at least three things a week to look for work (I try and do double that myself - it's only one thing a day with Sunday off) and keep track of what you've done in a diary thing. Then every 2 weeks you've got to go in and show it to them, and they do a job search for you there, and within 10 minutes you're done.

All this is made more time consuming by the fact that I have to walk for an hour to get a bus, which takes a further half hour to arrive in town, finally getting there ~40 minutes early; then I have to wait ages for the bus back and do the whole journey again in reverse. Stupid buses. Stupid Porthmadog. Stupid house in the middle of nowhere. :rant:
    you can have my job

ReputationRep:

seems like it is a right ***** :s:

(Original post by skipp)
    :console: :sad:
    it'll be alright vin.... :hugs:
    onee-sama couldn't look after you forever

here have some cake: :cake:
    you clearly dont seem to know her very well, because she could easily look after me forever :huff:

cake:teeth:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    The most annoying thing is that ~6 hours of my day are wasted on a meeting that itself only takes ~10-15 minutes. :s:

ReputationRep:
    The most annoying thing is that ~6 hours of my day are wasted on a meeting that itself only takes ~10-15 minutes. :s:
    well atleast it means you do something different that week :dontknow:

...so you live near here?:eek: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client...ed=0CA4Q8gEwAA

ReputationRep:
    :dunce:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    ...so you live near here?:eek: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client...ed=0CA4Q8gEwAA
    Near-ish, though it doesn't feel like it. :p: That's where the job centre is. :sadnod: I live about an hour's walk from a large (by North Wales' standards) village called Trawsfynydd.

ReputationRep:
    Near-ish, though it doesn't feel like it. :p: That's where the job centre is. :sadnod: I live about an hour's walk from a large (by North Wales' standards) village called Trawsfynydd.
    asking for directions there must be difficult for an outsider :lolwut:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?client...ed=0CAoQ8gEwAA you wernt exaggerating when you said middle of nowhere :s:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.