Coca Cola (Sweet & Sticky)
    30.11%
    Pepsi (Cool & Crisp)
    36.56%
    Sex.
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Except me and my partner was the only pair who didn't get the "star" at our hardware practical because of some undiagnosed fault in the circuit :mob:
    Ah, unlucky. It doesn't really matter in the end, though, does it? I assume that the hardware pracs are just 'ticks' like ML and Java?

And Physics sucks.
    QFT. I ignored our subject contacts who all said 'don't take physics' and, in one case, 'I ignored our second years who all said "don't take physics" - I was wrong: don't take physics'. I think I shall be incrementing this recursion depth once more next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Ah, unlucky. It doesn't really matter in the end, though, does it? I assume that the hardware pracs are just 'ticks' like ML and Java?
    They are, but when people see the tick list they are going to :hahaha: at you

You! Yes....you. Entertain me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)
    :juggle:

Ta da.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)

Or, if you're willing to wait...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    :juggle:

Ta da.
    :rofl: This has given me a fit of the giggles.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: This has given me a fit of the giggles.
    :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    QFT. I ignored our subject contacts who all said 'don't take physics' and, in one case, 'I ignored our second years who all said "don't take physics" - I was wrong: don't take physics'. I think I shall be incrementing this recursion depth once more next year.
    Aww guys... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Aww guys... :p:
    :rofl: I'm sorry, but the truth hurts! Incidentally, I believe I still owe you a non-alcoholic drink. I'm visiting friends at St As in December (because we finish about two weeks earlier than you ), if you're interested. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wondering if someone can help me. I have the question:

Solve for n \in\mathbb{N}, \displaystyle \binom{2n}{2} = 66

It's fairly simple to get ut to \frac{(2n)!}{(2n-2)!}=128 but can I just use an iterative method from here, or is there a way to solve it algebraically. It's just that we didn't really go into much detail about the ^n\mathrm{C}_r thing. :p:

I acually have an answer, but I had to use an iterative method. It's worth 6 marks as well, which suggests I need to be doing more work than I am doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Wondering if someone can help me. I have the question:

Solve for n \in\mathbb{N}, \displaystyle \binom{2n}{2} = 66

It's fairly simple to get ut to \frac{(2n)!}{(2n-2)!}=128 but can I just use an iterative method from here, or is there a way to solve it algebraically. It's just that we didn't really go into much detail about the ^n\mathrm{C}_r thing. :p:

I acually have an answer, but I had to use an iterative method. It's worth 6 marks as well, which suggests I need to be doing more work than I am doing.
    You might like to know that:
    \displaystyle \binom{2n}{2} = 66 = \binom{2n+1}{2} - \binom{2n}{1} = \binom{2n+1}{2} - 2n

That should save you mucho working

Also think about why that statement is true.

ReputationRep:
    Good night peoples xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Good night peoples xxx
    Night

(Goddamn this maths example sheet! :mob: Complex numbers in a geometric series is an abomination against mankind)

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

How is everyone tonight?

ReputationRep:
    You might like to know that:
    \displaystyle \binom{2n}{2} = 66 = \binom{2n+1}{2} - \binom{2n}{1} = \binom{2n+1}{2} - 2n

That should save you mucho working

Also think about why that statement is true.
    Thanks. To be honest, the only thing I actually know about ^n\mathrm {C}_r is that it equals \frac{n!}{(n-r!)(r!)} so I'll need to look up more on it. Although I sort of understand what you say.

I'm off to bed now as well. Night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by namedeprived)
    Thanks. To be honest, the only thing I actually know about ^n\mathrm {C}_r is that it equals \frac{n!}{(n-r!)(r!)} so I'll need to look up more on it. Although I sort of understand what you say.

I'm off to bed now as well. Night!
    Did you get the answer though using that method? A thing that might rattle your brain more is that there is a -ve solution for n

Night.

ReputationRep:
    Complex numbers in a geometric series is an abomination against mankind
    :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    :hahaha:
    You try doing F13a and b then :mad: (Without using multiple angle formulae or expanding out brackets, ha! :p: )

ReputationRep:
    You try doing F13a and b then :mad:
    No, you see, the difference between you and I is that I can blissfully put off doing them for about a week, whilst you have little option but to do them now or incur the wrath (or lack thereof) of your supervisor. Consequently, I think I'll just, er, not.

ReputationRep:
    No, you see, the difference between you and I is that I can blissfully put off doing them for about a week, whilst you have little option but to do them now or incur the wrath (or lack thereof) of your supervisor. Consequently, I think I'll just, er, not.
    :mad2:

:p: I've already been told by my subject parents I try far too hard. "Just pretend you never understood the question," they say "the extra hours working on a question is not worth the supervisor just showing you the answer anyway in the end."

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.