Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    I got Brandon Lloyd, best scoring WR last year I think.
    brandon lloyd was epic, glad to have him on my team, think he was the one i got for trading jermicheal finley about 4 days before he was season ending injured! now thats the kind of luck i like (as i had another te already)

ReputationRep:
    What is the best place in Central London to watch the NFL BESIDES The Sports Cafe?

ReputationRep:
    http://twitter.com/#!/reggie_bush/st...22331208269824

ReputationRep:
    why ?

i doubt he is talking about whether he will stay with the saints or not as he has said he wants to stay there and the team cant tell him yes or no till after lock out so today wouldnt be anything special, at least i wouldnt have thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greg1989)
    why ?

i doubt he is talking about whether he will stay with the saints or not as he has said he wants to stay there and the team cant tell him yes or no till after lock out so today wouldnt be anything special, at least i wouldnt have thought
    well his next tweet perhaps suggests otherwise but it's not the first time reggie has tweeted cryptic stuff like this. and with all this stuff coming out about the packers talking to their roster it's possible that he may have had contact with the front office so that he can find a new team as soon as possible?

granted i'm overthinking it because i'm a big saints fan and a huge supporter of keeping reggie
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    So what are the tactics like - try to get a good QB first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    Usually a RB or a QB. I got Rodgers as pick #2 last year and didn't complain.

ReputationRep:
    the massive bit i linked you to on page 88 of this thread is the tactics

running backs usually go first but it depends how you value players, use the link i sent in that tactics bit to look at who scored the most fantasy points last year, the higher on that list the sooner in general they are likely to go...although admittedly in later rounds people pick more by the positions they have left than just the best player

but as i say running backs first, just look at the top 10 even and there are 8 running backs and only 2 quarterbacks
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Usually a RB or a QB. I got Rodgers as pick #2 last year and didn't complain.
    I think I will draw up some plans.

How far in advance do you tend to know your pick positions?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's just before the draft starts? Hmm can't remember.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    the massive bit i linked you to on page 88 of this thread is the tactics

running backs usually go first but it depends how you value players, use the link i sent in that tactics bit to look at who scored the most fantasy points last year, the higher on that list the sooner in general they are likely to go...although admittedly in later rounds people pick more by the positions they have left than just the best player

but as i say running backs first, just look at the top 10 even and there are 8 running backs and only 2 quarterbacks
    What does the Bye mean?
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I think it's just before the draft starts? Hmm can't remember.
    Oh dear, I will just do my best :lol:

ReputationRep:
    In case anyone hasn't heard yet, i assume most will, the NFL lockout could be lifted on thursday...AHHHHHHH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sid214)
    In case anyone hasn't heard yet, i assume most will, the NFL lockout could be lifted on thursday...AHHHHHHH!
    Yep we have and it hopefully is true!

ReputationRep:
    Wow still can't believe the cap is close to being lifted was seriosuly expecting a shortened season at best. Mostly ecited to see where Nnamdi will end up, hopefully at SD (a guy can dream).

ReputationRep:
    What does the Bye mean?
    bye weeks, each nfl team in real life gets given one week during the regular season where they dont have a match, so in that week their players wont earn you points and you will need to swap them for someone on your bench that will be playing that week
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    bye weeks, each nfl team in real life gets given one week during the regular season where they dont have a match, so in that week their players wont earn you points and you will need to swap them for someone on your bench that will be playing that week
    I see, so I have to cover every position with a reserve.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. You can get someone off FA before a bye week. E.g. you don't need 2 Kickers or 2 Defences, it's a waste.

ReputationRep:
    I think I will draw up some plans.

How far in advance do you tend to know your pick positions?
    This should help you out!

ReputationRep:

Not necessarily. You can get someone off FA before a bye week. E.g. you don't need 2 Kickers or 2 Defences, it's a waste.
    this ^

basically just try and cover the positions that earn more points and have fewer good players, like running back, as the best at these positions wont be left in free agency

also remember anyone you get in free agency means you will have to cut someone from your team for, so dont cut an awesome running back just as he has a bye week so you can pick up a mediocore one to fill in for the week, if you do that other members of the league will pick him up ready for after the bye

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.