Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Might come right down to the boundaries on results day! Maths went out of the window earlier, so I'm relying on History, Psychology and English Lit to come through for me. Lit and Psych should be ok, but that bloody History paper. If I miss out by a few UMS I shan't be happy.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gromit94)
    Hi Oxford Offer Holders,
    I was wondering if you could tell me what universities and what grades you have as your insurance option? I'm in Yr12 at the moment, looking at universities and I want to know that I'm looking at the right range- I would obviously love a place to study History at Oxford but I realise this may be a dream too far....
    My insurance is Sheffield AAB

Other places I applied to:

Leeds: AAB (A in geography)
    Lancaster: ABB
    Leicester: ABB
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Which exam was that?
    M3
    (Original post by zigzog7)
    Anyone else do mechanics 3 today?

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer AAA for Medicine at Oriel College.

Just had a maths exam, which appeared to go 'okish', but I'm currently very worried! I have no back up! It's all in or bust essentially!! :/

ReputationRep:
    Hi Oxford Offer Holders,
    I was wondering if you could tell me what universities and what grades you have as your insurance option? I'm in Yr12 at the moment, looking at universities and I want to know that I'm looking at the right range- I would obviously love a place to study History at Oxford but I realise this may be a dream too far....
    My insurance is Nottingham, AAB. The only offer I had lower than that was Reading.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else do mechanics 3 today?
    Yep, how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy23)
    Yep, how did you find it?
    Edit: sorry mods, didnt realise I was not to discuss so am removing what I said now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingjohno)
    I've got an offer AAA for Medicine at Oriel College.

Just had a maths exam, which appeared to go 'okish', but I'm currently very worried! I have no back up! It's all in or bust essentially!! :/
    I'm EXACTLY the same! I'm so nervous that I'm gonna miss my grades and not be able to do medicine at all
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Where did you find an error?
    Well, we're not supposed to discuss it on here until 4:30 tomorrow morning or something, so I'll leave out the details. It was a seriously silly mistake, though. The frustrating thing is that I normally burn through maths papers really quickly and then go through ironing out any mistakes, but I decided to try going more slowly and avoid making the mistakes in the first place. I still made a mistake, and didn't have time to correct it! Ho hum.

Hi Oxford Offer Holders,
    My insurance is AAB at Nottingham. My offers were AAA (Oxford), A*A*Aa (Imperial), AAA (Bristol), AAB (Nottingham), AAB (Exeter)

ReputationRep:
    My insurance is Warwick at AAA, but I'm calling to cancel it tomorrow. If I don't get into Oxford I'll do a January resit and join the Army for a while, until the fees (hopefully) come down.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micky022)
    My insurance is Warwick at AAA, but I'm calling to cancel it tomorrow. If I don't get into Oxford I'll do a January resit and join the Army for a while, until the fees (hopefully) come down.
    What's the point in cancelling it? Surely if you miss Oxford, you've missed Warwick, so it won't matter anyway?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it went really well, only question I didnt manage was 7e cos I couldnt remember the formula and I ran out of time anyway what about you?
    crap forgot we couldnt talk about it! its cos its edexcel & its taken all over the worl (apparently?) so we cant talk about it til tomo @ 4.30 when i so won't be awake...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Why cant we discuss it? everyone did it today surely. Which board did you do by the way, in case im worrying over nothing.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/anno...hp?f=373&a=629

It's Edexcel, and just to be clear I mean it was a mistake I made, not a mistake in the question or anything - don't let my foolishness worry you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy23)
    crap forgot we couldnt talk about it! its cos its edexcel & its taken all over the worl (apparently?) so we cant talk about it til tomo @ 4.30 when i so won't be awake...

Also there could be UK students with mega exam clashes who would have got permission to sit an exam the next day. It happens, and the student is 'under overnight supervision' (can't use the internet or phone) but it's the parents who 'supervise' them.

So anyone who posts info on an exam (any Exam Board) within 24 hours could be unwittingly spoon-feeding a 'rival' student with the answers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04ghicks)
    My insurance is Sheffield AAB

Other places I applied to:

Leeds: AAB (A in geography)
    Lancaster: ABB
    Leicester: ABB
    Did you know the acronym of the universities which you applied to spells out 'Lolls'?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the all the replies It's been very helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flywithemma)
    Yes! The paper itself was lovely, although I think I've managed to mess it up a bit. Didn't write much for one of the texts in section B, and should have written about the part A text (the poetry) again instead...but oh well. THINK I'll have got the C I needed in this paper. How about you?
    My questions were perfect but I ran out of time in Section B . Ahh well, it went a lot better than I expected it to. I think I got my C too (and by think, I mean desperately hope ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by micky022)
    I think it's seriously unlikely the fees will come down in the next decade or two... why not just hold on to your Warwick offer and see what happens on results day? It's not like they can offer it to anyone else at this stage in the process.

ReputationRep:
    We can talk about the M3 exam now.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    We can talk about the M3 exam now.
    Did you see the thread someone posted with solutions? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1680246

I posted on the third page with how I'd done

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.