Is Scottish independence a 'good or bad' thing? Watch

Poll: Should Scotland be an independent country?
YES (299)
32.12%
NO (632)
67.88%
This discussion is closed.
MatureStudent36
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dixie2013)
Well as i am glad your family helped and sorry for you loss. I never had that sort of help. I had to go through the grooling possess of being treated like a common junkie whilst as the job center. Best off it i couldn't get help with money until she came out of hospital 6months later whist i was living on £50pw for me and my 2 sons. good times.

But im glad to be going back to be doing 50+ hours a week as i enjoy working. It gives me the satisfaction of earning my own money and contributing to society.
Good for you.

It wasn't a personal attack. I'm merely highlighting that what one person thinks is fare and a good idea. Others don't. Trident is one of those. I hate the idea, but it's a neccessary evil.
LeBuche
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dixie2013)
Im sorry but i have never copied and pasted anything. I may have wrote some i have seen and believe but never copied it.

Its facts,

Scotland never wanted trident, still got it = FACT
Scotland voted no to bedroom tax, still got it = FACT
Scotland got a UK government that it didn't vote for = FACT

Lets say if the UK as it stands voted to opt out of the EU and you took away the Scottish votes, it would make no difference. = FACT

Now that's democracy

For instance you say this is just propaganda but you arnt saying these are not facts and if these are not facts, please give me the facts.
The North East didn't vote for any of those things either but still got them :rolleyes: Stop acting as if Scotland is special, it isn't.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by LeBuche)
The North East didn't vote for any of those things either but still got them :rolleyes: Stop acting as if Scotland is special, it isn't.
Although I do feel Scotland is special. (Although everybody thinks that where they live is special) I see the point that you're making. BUt I think some other posters wont.

Would you say that Westminster is victimising the North East? Or just that Westminster has a coaltion government that was democratically elected by the UK?

Are you planning on going seperate because of it?
LeBuche
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
Although I do feel Scotland is special. (Although everybody thinks that where they live is special) I see the point that you're making. BUt I think some other posters wont.

Would you say that Westminster is victimising the North East? Or just that Westminster has a coaltion government that was democratically elected by the UK?

Are you planning on going seperate because of it?
The second one I'm a British citizen we have a government in our capital voted for by other citizens. It's a poor poor argument for independence (that your region didn't vote for the current government).

And no there isn't a big separatist movement up here haha.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The second one I'm a British citizen we have a government in our capital voted for by other citizens. It's a poor poor argument for independence (that your region didn't vote for the current government).

And no there isn't a big separatist movement up here haha.
Yet. There's a Yorkshire seperatist movement. It'll be interesting to see what levels of stupididty come about with Lancashire shale gas.
DaniilKaya
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Independence is always good
Imperialism and internationalism (communist) is always bad
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by DaniilKaya)
Independence is always good
Imperialism and internationalism (communist) is always bad
Not for the sake of it and it jeopordise your future it isn't.

By that Logic I can become independenat. Can I?
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's a Yorkshire seperatist movement.
No there isn't. Other than in comedy.
Maths Tutor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
you do realise your YouTube clip was never banned? It was created and then its creators said it was banned to create a stir. But it wasn't banned was it. You can say it was banned all you like. But the fact is it wasn't
(Original post by L i b)
They got it removed because it infringed their copyright. Which is what thousands of organisations do when copyright infringement occurs on Youtube every day.
There you go - very 'eloquently' put by your hero!

You WERE LYING - FACT
Maths Tutor
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AJ_Moose)
Read my posts before you make me repeat things I've already been through.
(Original post by AJ_Moose)
Read it over and over till you understand it before you come screaming in saying I've simply made things up.
That is the DELIBERATE TACTIC of the likes of L i b, MatureStudent36 and Midlander.

They resort to BLATANT LIES and DISTORTION to REPEAT their DEBUNKED comments NUMEROUS TIMES.
Maths Tutor
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yet the PM has said he'll argue against the UK leaving the EU but he'll still offer a referendum. Now that's democracy. It's also an effective way of keeping teh Eurosceptics quite.
As I say. I never voted for the SNP, neither did my constituency. Yet we're stuck with an SNP government. How far down do you want to go with this. Most of us don't want this bloody referendum, but we're stuck with it.
The TOTAL HYPOCRISY OF MatureStudent36 in his/her OWN WORDS.

Exactly the same as the total hypocrisy of the Tories, Labour and Lib-Dems in the Scottish parliament.

During the minority SNP government of 2007-2011, the anti-Independence Axis of the Tories, Labour and Lib-Dems GANGED UP to prevent the SNP from holding a referendum.

As soon as the SNP won an unprecedented majority under proportional representation in 2011, that same anti-Independence Axis of the Tories, Labour and Lib-Dems screamed out for the referendum to be held there and then.

MatureStudent36 is in favour of Cameron holding a referendum despite being against the UK 'separating' from the EU, because "that's democracy".

The same MatureStudent36 is against the SNP holding a referendum on Scottish independence, despite Scottish Independence being their main reason for being a political party in the first place AND having the democratic mandate to hold a referendum.

The then Scottish Lib-Dem leader's words to the Scottish electorate before the 2011 Scottish election: "If you want a referendum, vote for the SNP".

The 'Bitter Together' anti-Independence Axis can continue with their scaremongering (or 'pointing out the facts' as MatureStudent36 sees it) until 18th September 2014 - It is INCREASING support for Independence.

That is THE REASON they tried to ban the 'Unionist Myths Debunked' video from youtube. If they were protecting copyright, why haven't they sued anyone?
Maths Tutor
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The North East is A PART OF ENGLAND.

Scotland is a NATION in an EQUAL UNION with England.

Stop acting ignorant.
Maths Tutor
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
And great. The CyberNat personal abuse begins. Can't argue your point. Attack the person.
YOU are crying victim now, are you? After REPEATEDLY LYING about the attempted banning of the 'Unionist Myths Debunked' video.

Actually "Can't argue your point. Attack the person" is the only agenda of Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont in the Scottish parliament. At every single First Minister's questions, she makes personal attacks on the First Minister and his ministers because she can't argue her point.

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/ne...tre/32362.aspx

http://www.bbc.scotlandshire.co.uk/i...72-script.html
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Maths Tutor)

Exactly the same as the total hypocrisy of the Tories, Labour and Lib-Dems in the Scottish parliament.

During the minority SNP government of 2007-2011, the anti-Independence Axis of the Tories, Labour and Lib-Dems GANGED UP to prevent the SNP from holding a referendum.

As soon as the SNP won an unprecedented majority under proportional representation in 2011, that same anti-Independence Axis of the Tories, Labour and Lib-Dems screamed out for the referendum to be held there and then.

MatureStudent36 is in favour of Cameron holding a referendum despite being against the UK 'separating' from the EU, because "that's democracy".

The same MatureStudent36 is against the SNP holding a referendum on Scottish independence, despite Scottish Independence being their main reason for being a political party in the first place AND having the democratic mandate to hold a referendum.

The then Scottish Lib-Dem leader's words to the Scottish electorate before the 2011 Scottish election: "If you want a referendum, vote for the SNP".

The 'Bitter Together' anti-Independence Axis can continue with their scaremongering (or 'pointing out the facts' as MatureStudent36 sees it) until 18th September 2014 - It is INCREASING support for Independence.

That is THE REASON they tried to ban the 'Unionist Myths Debunked' video from youtube. If they were protecting copyright, why haven't they sued anyone?

Really don't know what to say. Fare cop guvnor. You got me. I believe it democracy and majority rule.You've claimed a video got banned...... But it's not but it turns out even if it was it was down to copyright issues. Nothing more sinister.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
YOU are crying victim now, are you? After REPEATEDLY LYING about the attempted banning of the 'Unionist Myths Debunked' video.

Actually "Can't argue your point. Attack the person" is the only agenda of Scottish Labour leader Johann Lamont in the Scottish parliament. At every single First Minister's questions, she makes personal attacks on the First Minister and his ministers because she can't argue her point.

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/ne...tre/32362.aspx

http://www.bbc.scotlandshire.co.uk/i...72-script.html

i'm attacking the mans arguments you paranoid fool.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Stop acting ignorant.

Really? The arguments still apply fir a separate north east
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

I maintain it wasn't banned. Libs says it was due to copyright issues. You're just paranoid and think its more sinister.

If you want to talk about lying shall we talk about the SNPs claim that they had legal opinion on Europe......which they didnt.

shall we talk about their claim that they would have better regulated the banks........ Which they wouldn't have.

Shall we talk about the increase in public spending they've promised....... Which they've said they won't in private.

shall we talk about the currency that they've said we'll use......... Which they haven't decided yet.

or would you like to talk about the second oil boom........ That's not happening
LeBuche
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Stop acting ignorant.
So your votes count for more then? :rolleyes: Was going to go on a rant but whatever.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
That is the DELIBERATE TACTIC of the likes of L i b, MatureStudent36 and Midlander.

They resort to BLATANT LIES and DISTORTION to REPEAT their DEBUNKED comments NUMEROUS TIMES.

And it's not only in caps but in bold. He must be angry. I think he's been watching braveheart.
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So your votes count for more then? :rolleyes: Was going to go on a rant but whatever.

Sadly our cyber NAT fraternity don't listen to debate. They get excitable and agitated.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads