Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahatma ghandi)
    Thanks for the advice buddy, maybe ill listen to you if you do eventually get an offer.
    Shame Exeter is tier 2.

ReputationRep:
    I'm grateful, but my never satisfied and always striving attitude is probably the reason Im getting offers and people like you aren't
    You sound like a total arse...

ReputationRep:
    I'm grateful, but my never satisfied and always striving attitude is probably the reason Im getting offers and people like you aren't
    "People like us" are getting offers. We have many offer holders on this thread, but they don't feel the need to excessively show off or put others down after getting one. You're not special or better than anyone else just because you have near perfect grades and an offer from Exeter - there are many people who are in a similar, if not better situation than you. Get over yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Received an offer from York last week! Very happy Also are many people applying with deferred entry? I haven't done, but am tempted to ask to push my start date back... :/

ReputationRep:
    'People like you' who are worried about meeting an A*AA offer? Yeah, such a reason to be full of yourself..

ReputationRep:
    Guys, stop this; don't stoop to his level. Let him be arrogant and condescending; that's no excuse for you guys to do the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only an idiot wouldn't worry about getting an A*, theyre not exactly easy to get are they?
    You could take it as a compliment - sometimes unis give out higher offers just because they think the candidate can meet them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to sound like a ****, but my offer of A*AA from Exeter is a bit of a joke, my friend got an AAA and my GCSE's As Levels and Predicted grades are all better than his. My academic record is near perfect, the only negative been 2As at GCSE
    probably because if your record is " near perfect " then to them, you should be able to get A*AA easily enough without much problems.

ReputationRep:
    who do you have an offer from? is it just exeter?

ReputationRep:
    Are you high?
    It is though. You're only lying to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    When did 10th best in the UK overall and 7th for economics count as second tier? where have you got an offer from then?
    Tier 1 is Oxbridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL.

By the way, I'm applying to 4 of these, one twice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mike_123)
    Tier 1 is Oxbridge, LSE, Warwick, UCL.

By the way, I'm applying to 4 of these, one twice.
    Are you applying to UCL for the year abroad?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to two of them, but applying somewhere isn't impressive, you actually have to get in. And what kind of muppet doesn't spread his risk? your the arrogant one by the looks of things
    My mate is applying to Oxbridge, UCL, LSE, Warwick and Bristol. Bristol is his lowest being AAA.

Why? Well he achieved A* in A level maths already, meaning hes basically fulfilled the A* requirement at 4 universities meaning hes only got to achieve AA from 3 possible subjects (Economics/Chemistry/Further). He also achieved average of 97% UMS in his AS subjects.

Its not arrogance for someone applying to high end universities only. Im sure Mike is in a similar position of high end grades / UMS. Why do you care anyways where people apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azns)
    Are you applying to UCL for the year abroad?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No L100 UCL and L100 Warwick + MMORSE

ReputationRep:
    After reading the thread, just thought I'd join the bant!

GCSE's 4A*s - 6As
    AS' - ABBB
    Predictions - AAA
    Applied to - York, Exeter, Southampton, Nottingham, Leicester

No offers yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jupperrs)
    After reading the thread, just thought I'd join the bant!

GCSE's 4A*s - 6As
    AS' - ABBB
    Predictions - AAA
    Applied to - York, Exeter, Southampton, Nottingham, Leicester

No offers yet
    Those are fantastic grades. I'm sure you'll get offers soon .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Those are fantastic grades. I'm sure you'll get offers soon .
    Aha, thanks very much. That's nice to hear!

What's everyone's favorite 'second tier' university - ie of the ones I'm applying to.

If Exeter give me A*AA then I wont accept, and will choice between York or Nottingham. So what are people's favorites of those?

ReputationRep:
    Aha, thanks very much. That's nice to hear!

What's everyone's favorite 'second tier' university - ie of the ones I'm applying to.

If Exeter give me A*AA then I wont accept, and will choice between York or Nottingham. So what are people's favorites of those?

York and Nottingham although ive got an offer from one and have applied to the other so im a tad biased hahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    York and Nottingham although ive got an offer from one and have applied to the other so im a tad biased hahahahaha
    Ahah yeah, which do you prefer of those two?

- because my first choice is probably going to be one or the other (assuming I get offers) - my sister's at nottingham and loves it, but i dont want to make my decision just on that.

ReputationRep:
    Ahah yeah, which do you prefer of those two?

- because my first choice is probably going to be one or the other (assuming I get offers) - my sister's at nottingham and loves it, but i dont want to make my decision just on that.
    i much prefer Nottingham, higher rep, very nice campus etc etc you'll definitely get offers with those grades! although isn't Nottingham A*AA for entry?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.