Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    No, but he is a fan of giving out casting details. We knew about JLC yonks before she appeared on screen. Same when Matt Smith was cast - it was announced ages before the regeneration episode...

EDIT - just checked - Matt Smith was announced in January 2009, but appeared first on screen in December 2009.

EDIT again - according to Wikipedia (that most reliable of sources ), series 8 is due to start filming in September. They'll have to announce it before then or it'll be leaked.
    Oooh this makes me more excited

We'll definitely find out this summer I reckon. The sooner the better :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get tickets to the official convention?

I got tickets for the Ice Warrior group on the saturday also booked a photo with Matt.

(Original post by iBlueBox)

I got tickets for the Ice Warrior group on the saturday also booked a photo with Matt.
    No I would have loved to go though And I really wanted to go the music prom at the Royal Albert Hall

ReputationRep:

I'm at uni then

Have a great time though! Make sure you post the photos here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montstar)
    I'm at uni then

Have a great time though! Make sure you post the photos here
    Same! But the conventions on the weekend and I couldn't have missed it for the world so I'll be traveling from friday night, and returning on the sunday night,

Thanks! I will post photos

Same! But the conventions on the weekend and I couldn't have missed it for the world so I'll be traveling from friday night, and returning on the sunday night,

Thanks! I will post photos
    PROMISE you will post the photo with you and Matt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    PROMISE you will post the photo with you and Matt?
    That'll be the first! :P
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Woo: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23226255

Dr Who exhibition on my doorstep later on in the year.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.lakeland.co.uk/brands/doc...ctorwho-nugget

I want the Dalek cake mould :puppyeyes:

Anyone listening to the prom on BBC radio 3 tonight? I am.

ReputationRep:
    I would except I'm at a party.

ReputationRep:
    I love it if Colin Morgan became the Doctor, actually. I'd rather we waited til he was a bit older though.
    I love you for saying Colin Morgan. He would be PERFECT. But there was an interview after he was in that one episode and he said he wasn't interested :,(

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by AreWeSuchStuff)
    I love you for saying Colin Morgan. He would be PERFECT. But there was an interview after he was in that one episode and he said he wasn't interested :,(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw. Well who knows, maybe if he gets offered the part in the future he might take it. I honestly think he'd be brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    I did! It was a bit lame not being able to see it though. They'd all start cheering and I'd wonder what was happening

It was funny when Matt was like 'you've only got another 4 months till you find out who the next the Doctor is!' I can just imagine angry whovians everywhere shaking their fists! :lol:

(Original post by montstar)
    I did! It was a bit lame not being able to see it though. They'd all start cheering and I'd wonder what was happening

It was funny when Matt was like 'you've only got another 4 months till you find out who the next the Doctor is!' I can just imagine angry whovians everywhere shaking their fists! :lol:
    Yay! Yeah, it was SO frustrating not being able to see! But apart from that, it was great.

Haha, remember the bit when one of them said something like "and the new Doctor is........ John Hurt!". I think everybody thought they were gonna announce the new Doctor then

Oh, and Peter Davison and the woman who played the Doctor's granddaughter were there as well

ReputationRep:
    My sister's summary of how River Song came to be: "Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey rumpy-pumpy"

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't they show it on TV? It must have been one of the most popular proms of the season - I listened to it on the radio trying to imagine everything l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateMelody)
    Why didn't they show it on TV? It must have been one of the most popular proms of the season - I listened to it on the radio trying to imagine everything l
    They filmed it and it will be shown sometime around the 50th anniversary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocolateMelody)
    There are a few clips online courtesy of the BBC. I have to admit, this video made me shiver, it's absolutely wonderful.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.